The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bounty Hunting Handouts Needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Bounty Hunting Handouts Needed Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Bounty Hunting Handouts Needed Reply with quote

Question Does anyone have old bounty postings or a fillable blank version that will let me drop a photo on it. I'm wanting to write up a bunch of little one shots for my PCs so not everything is so rush to stop the end of the world.

Bonus rounds if anyone has the Han Solo bounty posting from before the battle of Yavin. My time frame is while Luke and Leia are in Jr High.

Cheers
DS
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the old WANTED posters of Han,Luke and Leia?
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one of Solo before the battle of Yavin would be awesome but what I need is Wanted Posters that are filled with random NPC or a fillable pdf or or similar where I can cut and paste an image from the net. I can come up with tons of bail jumpers and the like. Nothing like a TPK from a guy who just doesn't want to pay alimoney.

Aside from Han, I'd like to stay away from super heavys like Cad Bane [whom I found wanted by the Republic for like hundered of billions of credits on a guys art page....does me little good for game play] because of canon upkeep . Also wanna keep it anywhere from a decade before to about the Battle o Yavin if someone has anything that specific. Anything non descript on date is also great.

Thanks
DS
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disintegrations has a blank bounty page in it (4 I believe).
Also it has several NPCs at the back of the book who have bounties on them; any one of them could be useful for your purposes.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also double checked Galaxy Guide 10 - Bounty Hunters and it has a blank bounty sheet on page 37.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could put together a fillable blank form with NBOS Character Sheet Designer. It would be pretty easy. Just fill in the name, associations, crimes, flavor text and pics.
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
I could put together a fillable blank form with NBOS Character Sheet Designer. It would be pretty easy. Just fill in the name, associations, crimes, flavor text and pics.

That would be sweet! I was gifted with poor handwriting and the artistic talent of a herd animal. I don't want the players using racial profiling because an alien race happens to all be stick figures and misspellings. Embarassed
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

Also it has several NPCs at the back of the book who have bounties on them; any one of them could be useful for your purposes.

Got all five, that's kind of what gave me the idea. Write about two hours of investigation and action for each on a note card. Just simple sandbox plot stuff on a notecard. Hand the bounty hunter three or four posters at a time and when they have a gap, need a breather, or need some credits....BAM, do two bounties!

Also good when you have a few players who wanna keep going after most of the group has gone home. Use for spring boards to bigger stories [conspiracy or planetary travel]. Use for simple moral decision games [npc on the run has a family].

Needless to say I'm excited about not having to worry if a game will go as planned or if it will have a plot hole for Death Star parking.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this?

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4121/kabakhwantedposterft4.jpg

Hellcat made up a whole set for our PCs in a the first PbP held on this board. Maybe if you throw him a pm he'll be able to give you a template.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a useful template to have for future games.

EDIT:
Actually, it only took me maybe 15 minutes to make a blank template for myself. Although I may make one that is able to be filled without a ton of additional formatting issues. I think it will be a useful little tool to have. Thanks for sharing the link with us Org, and thanks Hellcat for coming up with something that I'm borrowing!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8)

This sounds like a good thing to add as a resource, ideally in a MS-Word version (so text could easily be entered for particular bounties) and a PDF version for those that can't word with the MS-Word.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with pdfs of that nature.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The templates are in a PrintShop version, actually. It was easier for me so I could move things around like Notes on what folks should do if they encountered the PCs or add in new underlined text for the crimes. I got the PM but didn't realize what was being asked for was the templates themselves. I just decided to find out who had suggested Downstrike PM me about it, thought they'd just told him about the wanted sheets and that was what he wanted so I PMed him a Kabakh's and Cyn's since I could grab those from Net's and my signatures. Give me a few and I'll post pics of the templates as they look unedited. Got templates for Imperial wanted sheets for regular PCs, droid PCs, starships, and even Imperial and Galactic Republic BoSS registery sheet with liscening.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, these are how the templates look as pics rather than as the are on the actual apperance for when I'm working on them.

Imperial Non-droid Character Wanted Sheet Template
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/928/characterk.png

Imperial Droid Character Wanted Sheet Template
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5149/droidsheet.png

Imperial Ship Wanted Sheet Template
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6321/shipsheet.png

Imperial BoSS Starship Registery Template Sans Transpoder Graph
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3637/impshipregistry1.png

Imperial BoSS Starship Registery Template With Transpoder Graph
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8749/impshipregistry2.png

Old Republic BoSS Starship Registery Template Sans Transpoder Graph
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/6350/orshipregistry1.png

Old Republic BoSS Starship Registery Template With Transpoder Graph
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4223/orshipregistry2.png

I don't normally have the transpoder code graph on the page as it's appearing in the second Imp and Old Republic BoSS templates, those are showing with the transponder template in place. That template as is is http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/23/transpondercodetemplate.jpg. I actually used a scan of the transponder code graph from the 2nd Edition GM Screen, Revised to make the template so I can just create the transponder code on the template then save that code and add it to the BoSS registery sheet.

And this is an idea of how the sheets look when I'm working on them. http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8845/workpage.png. This is the non-droid character wanted sheet showing all the text boxes that disappaer when the template is just copied to Paint or something where I do final edits. A final sheet would look like http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9908/cynwantedposterub6.jpg. The underlined material isn't always aligned on PrintShop (would be the same on a word processor) so I transfer to Paint, run in a guideline from some point and line up all the underlined material in the top boxes to make it look semi-professional. I used some of the sourcebooks to get an idea of how they were doing the wanted sheets in there, want to say I used the Movie Trilogy Sourcebook for the character one, can't remember which one, if any, I may have seen a wanted sheet for a starship in. Maybe Platt's Smuggler's Guide, maybe Pirates and Privateers.

I can try putting together a PDF of the templates if that makes things easier for some folks. Some templates I'd like to create, just need to get an image for.

Wanted Poster
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Thanks Hellcat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: