The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

YT-1930 Deckplans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> YT-1930 Deckplans Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
I really think there are some on this forum, who like to claim injury at the smallest, but are so eager to dish out insults and arguments and claim neutrality and they really need to step back, check themselves, and take a good hard look at their own actions.

You are describing yourself to a T, so the irony is really delicious here. I'm sure you won't see it that way, so I eagerly await your outraged denial in response.

I fully expect this from you - blind to your own Trollish behaviour - You were the one who has, at every discussion we have both been involved in that has gone downhill, been the initial agressor and began with the insults - then turned a blind eye to everyolive branch offered and ignored every reference or citation made that contradicted your point of view and insisted they were never made.

What shocks me is your asgressive and insulting attitude when you have previously stated that when you post ideas in these forums you do not want them contradicted, and you will take differing points of view as an attack (this was how you justified your hostile attitude in the last thread) yet you completely fail to show others anything close to the same courtesy.
In fact despite the fact I have for the most part been avoiding and ignoring your inane comments you continue to post insults and attacks as you have done now twice in this thread, completely uncalled for and unprovoked.
As I said before you are a classic troll, so take your troll crown and declare yourself king of the interweb!
If you can not do the same courtesy you expect, I will not do you the courtesy of trying to ignore you.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO. I'm long past expecting courtesy from you. I'm well aware of my own tendencies for aggressive, shoot-from-the-hip responses. Right now I'm just deriving late night amusement from watching you behave exactly like the troll you accuse me of being. On that note, before jmanski, cheshire or some of the other more level-headed members of the forum chime in to suggest moderation, I'll just chime in with ZzaphodD and say "Whatever".

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
LMAO. I'm long past expecting courtesy from you. I'm well aware of my own tendencies for aggressive, shoot-from-the-hip responses. Right now I'm just deriving late night amusement from watching you behave exactly like the troll you accuse me of being. On that note, before jmanski, cheshire or some of the other more level-headed members of the forum chime in to suggest moderation, I'll just chime in with ZzaphodD and say "Whatever".

I'm the one behaving like a troll? That's a laugh and a half - I am not the one who insulted you twice in this thread unprovoked, and several times in other threads (which I simply ignored) also unprovoked. Your very responses epitomises Troll nature - that you are doing this and behaving this way just for laughs.
I'll do you one better, I'll just say you win.
You admit to your trollish behaviour but still call me a troll despite numerous attempts to try to make peace with you.
You attack and insult others as well, so it's no wonder so many useful and contributing members to the forums and fan projects have left over the years.
So you can have the forums. I will not bother to offer anything more on them.
You and troll kind can chalk up another victory in the category of crapping all over something and someone just to amuse yourself and drive them away. Pat yourself on the back if you can reach it troll.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've talked with some long-time members of the board who have said that they've left because the Rancor Pit has turned to bickering instead of genuine discussion. Right now we're looking at pretty good evidence of what they've been talking about.

I have no official status as a moderator, but as someone who doesn't have a bone in this, I'm going to try to appeal to your better natures and ask that you leave this line of discussion aside as its becoming more and more personal than it is about engines and stats.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to second what cheshire said. (Is there any chance that you can contact one of the moderators to either move our discussion into a new thread, or even just remove the part of this thread that dosnt have anything to do with the original subject?)

As someone who has followed the posts of pretty much everyone above, I'm pretty sure this is less a case of trolling, and more a case of several different viewpoints and some sensitive feelings. At times, we all argue our viewpoints passionately, its never for the sake of angering or upsetting those around us. We all love this game, and to a lesser extent, we all love this community (Like one big disfunctional family).

Lets keep in mind that a few of us have little-to-no tact, and others among us tend to be a little sensitive and/or protective of the game we all love so much. In the end, no matter what our difference of opinion is, we all love this game.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
Aside from arguing I actually found the stats for the ship the deckplan was made for. Nothing in its description or modifications indicates this is some kind of military grade engine small as a dischwasher but powerful as Millenium Falcon. They are actually quite ordinary... Laughing

There are three sets of official stats based on this hull and none of them are stock models. .

I meant that I found the ship the actual deckplan we are discussing was made for...not the ship type. Rolling Eyes
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
KageRyu wrote:

No I did not. You and others made remarks and I made an observation on why that need not be the case.

I made the passing remark, you started to argue, i answered..

No I offered an explanation, and you started to argue just as you ar now arguing about who started to argue - just as you continue to keep the argument going, your statements getting more and more extreme in it.
Just for the sake of argument though, explain to me how this is starting an argument and not merely offering a view-
KageRyu wrote:

In a galaxy with technology that can break the light barrier and create Laser Swords and Laser Whips, I think the physical size of the engines is really irrelevent of their power output.

How this isn't turning it into an argument-
ZzaphodD wrote:
Well, as there are engines that are massive, I think you are wrong.

Even if you can make an engine rather small and still have a massive output, why would you in a light freighter?

and how this is not only not argumentative but not insulting-
crmcneill wrote:
Of course! All vehicles in Star Wars must be powered by wishful thinking.

I really think there are some on this forum, who like to claim injury at the smallest, but are so eager to dish out insults and arguments and claim neutrality and they really need to step back, check themselves, and take a good hard look at their own actions.
Really - a golfball sized engine? Talk about becoming more extreme.
If you chose to ignore all the existing canon and official material and deckplans fine. As I said it's your game.
If you just want to keep arguing I am done. You are just being obstinate for obstinancy's sake.

I have nothing against aguing a point. Even if someone jumps at a passing casual remark. I have only pointed out that, IMO from the tiny engines, that ship seemed to be a rather slow one. The deck plans didnt say it wasnt, so I didnt argue anything. You argued that because we had lightwhips (a rather bad example) there should be no correlation between engine output and size. Theres nothing wrong with arguing this, but dont later come and say that I can play how I want to and such... Why then bring up the arguement at all? (OT on top of that).

Again, to each their own which I have allready pointed out. You (in general) can have ion engines the size of a matchbox if it fits your idea of SW. I want to have some kind of logic and consistency in my SWU. In the argued case, perhaps its an alien super-engine, but as we were discussing deckplans in general I left that option out when making my remark.. Wink
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I've talked with some long-time members of the board who have said that they've left because the Rancor Pit has turned to bickering instead of genuine discussion. Right now we're looking at pretty good evidence of what they've been talking about.

I have no official status as a moderator, but as someone who doesn't have a bone in this, I'm going to try to appeal to your better natures and ask that you leave this line of discussion aside as its becoming more and more personal than it is about engines and stats.

I always try to stick to the subject at hand. If someone has been offended by my arguements, I apologize.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

You argued that because we had lightwhips (a rather bad example) there should be no correlation between engine output and size.

1) I did not ARGUE anything, I made a counterpoint - but any counterpoint is an argument to some here.
2) that's not even what I said nor the point I made - I referenced a few very far fetched examples of technology, I also referenced the vastness and technological differences of the galaxy - but of course these elements are left out so you can call it a "bad argument". I even directly referenced other starship deck plans that had small engines but were fast, and ones that had huge engines that were slow - to all of these points you continued to argue. YOU.
This is exactly why I am done here. Any different pioint of view is called arguing by those that actual do keep arguing. Any valid information is overlooked.

This is the last I will say on it.
The hell with the D6 community. D6 is dead, let it stay dead. The audiance it has today is undeserving.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

You argued that because we had lightwhips (a rather bad example) there should be no correlation between engine output and size.

1) I did not ARGUE anything, I made a counterpoint - but any counterpoint is an argument to some here.

Arguement vs Counterpoint = /təˈmeɪtoʊz/ vs /təˈmɑːtoʊz/ Wink

That said, I didnt mean that arguing in itself (and thus you) was a bad thing.. As long as it is done in a civilized manner though.

Quote:

The hell with the D6 community. D6 is dead, let it stay dead. The audiance it has today is undeserving.

I couldnt agree more on the arguement at hand.
Well, the D6 community has survived so far even if small in numbers... I guess it will outlast later versions of the game anyway. I guess that last statement said more about you than 'the community'. Razz
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Gee, thanks.

Complete Starship Construction System
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
Gee, thanks.

Meh. Let him have his rant. If that's how he feels (not to mention how easily he loses his temper), then it's no big loss if he leaves.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
Gee, thanks.

Meh. Let him have his rant. If that's how he feels (not to mention how easily he loses his temper), then it's no big loss if he leaves.

Personally, I feel its a tragedy when any member leaves. Every member is important. Sometimes we dissagree, and thats ok. Sometimes when we talk about those dissagreements, we come to understandings, showing us new ways of looking at a problem, or bringing us new enlightenment. Other times, we simply need to agree to dissagree and move on to more productive conversation. To one digree or another, pretty much all of us have been bull headed and/or insinsitive during the course of this discussion. Our differences should bring out the best in both us, and this community.

In this situation, I find it particularly heart breaking because he's been a big help with several of the projects I'm either working on or plan to work on in the future. He's shared ideas and given feedback for the NPC collections, acted as a sounding board for ideas related to the Cantina book a few of us are working on right now, and he's done much of the ground work for the Guide to the Force book a few of us want to work on when the Cantina and Medical Facilities books are done.

Any member's loss should be a big deal. This is a small community, and all of us are important.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sort of cavalier attitude toward people leaving is one of the reasons why we have a fair number of the old guard that have left. This is the second person in two weeks who has left (the other one contacted me privately to inform me). Part of the reason why is the amount of attitude they get from other users. It's sad, especially when some of them have been contributors to the PDF projects.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Cheshire and Guardian_A. I too find it sad when a member leaves. An active, vibrant membership is important. It, along with a friendly and mostly cordial discussion group was what attracted me to the Rancor Pit. I'd like us to stay friendly and cordial, but that takes effort on all our parts. This thread started out fine, but now it just makes me disappointed and sad. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: