The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Corellian Corvette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Corellian Corvette Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Corellian Corvette Reply with quote

So, has anyone seen some set in stone configurations for the Corellian Corvette? This talk of expensive ships has lead me to look them up and for crew & passengers it has variable numbers based on configuration. I personally have not seen any actual configs for them and was wondering if anyone else has. If so, could they post them here with their source?

As per usual, thanks in advance!
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried looking here?

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=D6_Holocron_Wiki

i know i put a few different corellian corvettes on there.

it is my opinion that the "configurations" are up to the buying customer for passenger room sizes, extra rooms for meetings, dining halls, etc. i prefer to think of the corellian corvette as a big star wars version of an RV. so i would suggest setting the ship up accordingly.

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Stryder boxed set has a customized Corellian Corvette converted into a starfigher light carrier. I don't recall if they give the pricing for the customization, but there are deckplans and detailed information.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the configs are based on mission profile, not actual ship changes.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I think the configs are based on mission profile, not actual ship changes.
Whereas I think they are different models of the corvette built on the same ship frame and engine package.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but what's the difference in crew for? Is there really going to be that big of a disparity in crew for a ship with the same interior layout?

I'd like to see several different versions (say, cargo, passenger, scientific, etc.) and see how the cargo, passenger, and crew ratings change.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean something like the various configurations for the Imperial Taskforce Support Cruiser, as listed in the Dark Empire Sourcebook?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was just wondering if the corvette could be configured to minimum crew standards + maximum passenger & cargo, or does the passenger total come out of the cargo or what? They don't seem to have any set rules for the multi configurations.

Gry's Starship stats has the multiple versions of the YT-1300 with stats reflected accordingly. I was just wondering if someone needed to calculate cargo cost for each passenger. Or, does the crew requirements change based on other configurations? I figure crew should be a fairly fixed number and gunners would change based on the config, but not the other way around. I noticed that the craft doesn't list gunner requirements.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the Star Wars Sourcebook, the Corellian Corvette lists crew, passengers and cargo capacity as number sets (as in x-y) instead of set numbers. This was in keeping with the write-up stating that the Corvette could be modified to individual preferences. The only fixed stat variants I have seen are the privateer corvette and the Far Orbit from the Darkstryder campaign.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mcneill & everyone else for replying. I'll do some more digging/calculating.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
They don't seem to have any set rules for the multi configurations.
No I am pretty sure they don't have set rules.

Raven Redstar wrote:
Or, does the crew requirements change based on other configurations? I figure crew should be a fairly fixed number and gunners would change based on the config, but not the other way around.
I assume it does change based on configuration. For example, a diplomatic vessel may not have the extra crew required for 24-7 full shifts at all stations and to allow for casualties, while a military configuration may carry extra crew to allow full watches round the clock and some redundancies - plus a troop complement. A corvette designed to carry cargo needs extra crew for cargo loading but little crew for ameneties while a corvette designed to carry passengers may need less crew for cargo, but needs extra cooks, waiters, stewards, cleaning & maintenance, and entertainment personnel.

Raven Redstar wrote:
I noticed that the craft doesn't list gunner requirements.
I presume that varies based on number and type of guns.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out some sort of baseline for which to build configurations on and using Matthias777's list of positions on a warship I came to the conclusion that the bare minimum required to simply operate a corvette would be 16.

1 Commander
7 Bridge Crew
8 Engineers (in engineering)

I came to the number of approximately 8 engineers when I took into account how many engineers are on duty in main engineering on the Enterprise in Star Trek. This being one of the only "capital scale" vessels that I've seen portrayed in some form of media. This doesn't necessarily mean that the ship will be ready for long missions or anything of the sort, but perhaps to taxi it while it's being worked on, or perhaps a quick jaunt in system.

Any additional crew for the ship would be extra crew watches, and some of the other fluff which gets added in, science teams, medical staff, armorers, etc... Gunners would be counted on a different listing based on the number required to actually operate every cannon placed on the ship, this would be pulled from additional crew and would perhaps have it's own pool of crewmen.

Anyway, if I get around to coming up with my own hard baseline, I will post it here.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
I assume it does change based on configuration. For example, a diplomatic vessel may not have the extra crew required for 24-7 full shifts at all stations and to allow for casualties, while a military configuration may carry extra crew to allow full watches round the clock and some redundancies - plus a troop complement. A corvette designed to carry cargo needs extra crew for cargo loading but little crew for ameneties while a corvette designed to carry passengers may need less crew for cargo, but needs extra cooks, waiters, stewards, cleaning & maintenance, and entertainment personnel..

Hence why i said it varies on the owners use of the ship..
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Hence why i said it varies on the owners use of the ship..
Sorry, I was not clear. What I meant was that the frame of the ship is the same. The engines are the same. But the interior would be customized for the specific intended use and the weapons load out would fit the use (and danger associated with the region of space the ship operates in).

A military configuration for a corvette will be configured differently in it's interior and portions of the exterior from a diplomatic vessel. The military vessel will have barracks and armories, a troop assembly room, small or shared quarters using bunk beds or even hot bunking for a large military crew and very small quarters (again likely shared) for officers with only the captain and maybe the XO having single rooms. On the exterior the vessel will mount heavy weapons.

A diplomatic vessel will have large, luxurious accomodations for diplomats and guests, a large conference room and at least two smaller conference rooms for meetings and breakout sessions for each side. Crew space will probably be more luxurious than a military vessel as well. Weapons are light to moderate.

A cargo configuration will have extra space for cargo holds rather than passengers. Accomodations will be simple, possibly more in line with military quarters than diplomatic. Weapons are light.

A passenger vessel might have many double guest rooms similar to the small, but nice 2-person rooms with their own fresher like one would find on a real world Cruise Ship. Cargo space is devoted to passenger luggage, sports items for entertainment downside, and extra luxury foodstuffs. Weapons are light.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. other than # passengers/crew/cargo/consumables, no change in the outward stats.. Gotcha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: