The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Cargo Pods fom the Starships of the Galaxy Conversion Book
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Cargo Pods fom the Starships of the Galaxy Conversion Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Cargo Pods fom the Starships of the Galaxy Conversion Book Reply with quote

Namely my copy lists two lights - one for 1,000 and one for 500.

Which one is correct?

Edit: there is also a listing for Extended Range Package on the following page. Is this meant to increase consumables by 10%? The use of Rating is whats confusing me.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew... heh... yeah... the cargo pods. Is there any way I can convince you that those just aren't in there? IIRC you're refering to the cargo containers that you can strap on to the ship and you sacrifice some of the maneuverability. I don't have the file on the drive I have with me, so I can't look at the book. However when it was in the planning phase, I'd done some ideas of how to convert it. However, those particular conversions had a negative reaction from the community. Namely garhkal had shown me several examples in WEG materials where cargo containers were strapped on to ships and it did not have any affect on maneuverability, and other examples where it had greatly impacted maneuverability.

My end conclusion was that you simply couldn't convert them in any way that was consistent with WEG material. So I scrapped the idea and decided to leave it unconverted. However, somehow the original draft and some of the partially completed conversions (which were mostly just templates copied over from the light cargo container) wound up in the final version of the Word document that I sent over to Gry Sarth. He also missed it in the proof-read (which is odd since he's usually REALLY on the ball with that).

In the end, what is in there just shouldn't be there.

In terms of the extended range package, yes, that is meant to affect the consumables. It converts space to hold greater fuel, environmental necessities, and food. Why use a percentage? Well... it's what WOTC used in their original document. It didn't seem to make sense to me to create a huge chart, when a GM could do a few simple calculations and come up with the same result. Is it a bit sloppy? Maybe. But it was the best I could think of at the time.[/b]
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty - just wondering was all.

I just wanted to see what our upcoming ship owner might be on the look out for given the ship he was after.

Those simply threw me as I was looking through the conversion is all.

Thank ya much for a clarification.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! I'm always happy to clarify what was going on in the conversion books.

I hope I didn't come off as testy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: