The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Empire's End
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Empire's End Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin moves to the table holding the cube and pyramid. He suspects them to be holocrons, but isn't a hundred percent sure. He reaches out to touch one, then thinks better of it Holding his hand palm-down above the objects, Vin half closes his eyes and opens himself to the Force.

((OOC: Concentration, then Sense to see if he can detect anything about the objects.))
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster eyes Vin suspiciously, tightening his grip on his blaster. He then inclines his head toward Darwin and pointing at the cube, "Any idea what that thing is?"
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Never seen anything like it. Gives me the creeps though. I'm thinking we leave it alone until we arrive on planet and have a chance to clear this junk out. This hold might actually be big enough for some cargo, if we can find someone hiring. I'm worried about the transponders on this ship though. Not sure who might be looking for it."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster mutters: "After our little run-in with the Republic fighters, I'm sure everyone will be looking for it."

Caster keeps his eyes on Vin and what he is doing with the cube.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His hand inches from the small cube and pyrimid, Vin reaches out with the Force. The cube looks old, its surface weathered and worn smooth from decades, if not centuries of use. The cube shaped holocron feels strongly of the force, but lacks the Dark Side energy he commonly associates with the Force. Finding it odd to find a Jedi holocron among his master's things, he turns his attention to the pyrimid. In contrast, the pyrimid looks new, scattered around it are an assortment of small tools that Vin quickly realizes were used to construct the item. The pyrimid shaped holocron feels strongly of Dark Side energy, the Sith holocron has the familiar feel of his master.

Caster and Darwin watch Vin stand over the cube and pyrimid for a long time. After a while, Vin blinks and lowers his hand.

Darwin glances around the cargo hold, sizing up the space available. He quickly estimates that there is about 60 metric tons worth of cargo space.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin nods as he lowers his hand. "It's as I suspected," he tells the others. "There are Force-imbued items in this hold. Once that hull breach is sealed, you all should stay out of here; there's no telling what all is in here. I'm going to have to search the entire hold and take a comprehensive inventory. Touch nothing but what is required to seal the breach; I can't guarantee your safety."
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, still standing outside the cargo bay, uses his comlink.

"Guys, still alive? Whats with the breach?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin activates the intercom. "The breach is being seen to. Get us out of here; we'll make sure the breach is sealed."

He looks at the others. "Anything I can do to help?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster, Darwin, & Vin hear John's message through the ships comm,
"Guys, still alive? Whats with the breach?"

As John waits for a response, Ar-tee wheels past him into the airlock. The door quickly slides closed behind the little droid.

Wheeling into the converted cargo area, Ar-tee lets out a rude sounding raspberry before heading straight for the small hull breach. Even before the little droid reaches its destination, its arc welder and several other small apendages are deployed in preperation to repair the breach. Squeeling happily, the astromech droid sets to work
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glancing at the droid and seeing that the breach seemed to be under control , Caster turned toward Vin, eyes slightly narrowed.

Realizing that he still had a tight grip on his blaster, Caster slowly moved to put it back into it's home on his right hip. As he does so, he responds to Vin: "Well, I s'pose you could tell us what kind a trouble those Sith artifacts are going to cause us."
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar uses the com from the hold to answer John, "Artee should have the breach sealed shortly. It's fortunately just a small hole. What was already inside the ship is what was causing the real problems. Some kind of droid, and some stuff I can't quite explain."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin shrugs slightly. "There is no way of knowing until I have taken a full and complete inventory of everything in here. My Master never allowed me in here; otherwise, I'd have been prepared to deal with the droid, and would not have had to fight it."

He motions toward the breach with his head, then adds, "I plan to take that inventory as soon as the breach is sealed, and everyone is safely out of here. It will be easier for me to conduct it quickly if I don't have to worry about what anyone might be getting into."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster finally back in its holster, Caster shrugs and says, "Knock yourself out." Turning to go back through the airlock on his way to the cockpit, Caster mutters none to quietly: "I have no use for that stuff anyway."
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We might not have use for it, but the better question is if there is a market for it. Unless someone has a lot of credits sitting around, we are going to need to find some way of making some. My normal employer likely won't be hiring much for a while, so our best bet is if there is something of value on this ship."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ar-tee twitters happily to itself as the little droid works at sealing the hull breach. In just a couple of minutes, the droid lets out a triumphant whistle before following Caster out through the airlock. Once on the other side of the airlock, the little droid looks up at Darwin expectantly.

Turning his attention to his surroundings, Vin begins his inventory of the room.

(Jedi Skyler: PM will be incoming shortly.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: