The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character Creation & Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Character Creation & Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Blaster! Great to have someone else joining in. And yes, I think it'll be interesting to add a female to the mix, especially a slicer. Vin will have need of her skills to make sure he gets his Master's security droid reprogrammed properly.

A possibility for your character joining up with our group might be that she's been acting more like an infiltrator than a thief; since she is going to have to have some kind of alliance with the Sith, she could have been sent to gather information. Her slicer abilities will have allowed her access to computer systems. Her stealth skills, which are a must for a successful thief, will have been of great use during this mission of hers. She may perhaps have even been a part of the unit that our characters have been associated with, which would give us all prior knowledge of each other. When we hit Kashyyyk, she'll have to be in a position to see us come in. When she does, she can then hook up with us, knowing that something has to be up for us to be there. The story can develop from there.

Not set in duracrete by any measure, but it's an idea to work from, if you like it.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterBlaster wrote:
Hello, I have been green lighted by Guardian_A so in the next few days I'll be rolling up a new character. So first, hello! Secondly, my first idea for a character.

As the party is 100% male I was thinking about breaking up the meat market by adding the first female character. I was thinking along the lines of a thief/slicer, species would be Zeltron (good at talking people into things) or a Twi'lek.

I can see a thief/slicer being very useful to this group, . . . .

Some things to keep in mind when putting your character together:
You will be starting play on Kashyyyk.
You will need to start thinking of why you would join this group.
If you want more detail, feel free to PM me.

Character Creation Rules:
Characters should be built with 2nd R&E using the following:
Attribute Dice: 18D
Skill Dice: 15D
Characters will be allowed to add up to 3D in any single skill. 2D in a Specialty.
You may either use an existing template, or create your own.

Welcome aboard!
MasterBlaster
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Stated out the lady yesterday. I might modify her to be more techie, at the moment she had a con rating of 8D so she could talk her way into or out of pretty much anywhere. I think she is going to be very squishy, not face to face combat orientated at all. Fairly good at sneeking up and stabbing people in the back though.

As for force awareness...... I'm not sure. I dont think Zeltrons make good force users!?

Skyler - you got my suggested story almost bang on.
Smile
MasterBlaster
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question - How do you guys handle rolls? Does Gaurdian_A handle it?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterBlaster wrote:
Quick question - How do you guys handle rolls? Does Gaurdian_A handle it?

Yeah, I take care of rolls on my end.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the three characters who have dependably posted and been with us since the beginning (Jedi Skyler, Kaloth Varsk, & Wisconsin Wookie.). As a reward for completing the first chapter, you may each add a +1 to a single skill on your character.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
For the three characters who have dependably posted and been with us since the beginning (Jedi Skyler, Kaloth Varsk, & Wisconsin Wookie.). As a reward for completing the first chapter, you may each add a +1 to a single skill on your character.

Thanks bunches, chief! Lemme take a look at my sheet and I'll let ya know.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...gonna add the +1 to Droid Programming/Repair. Makes sense, since I worked on that with Artee...
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:

Awesome! If acceptable to you, I'd add it to Caster's Streetwise skill.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both looks good to me. You are welcome to go back and edit your original posts to include the stat increase. (I've got character sheets made up on my end so I have my own "hard copy." I'll update things on my end right now for my own reference.)
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interest of the +1 going into something that I've actively used during that time, I'd like to put it into Space Transports Pilot. (Moving from 4D to 4D+1).

I debated about climbing (since we climbed around the ship for days) but decided to lay off the specialties. That will be on my shortlist for advancement though in the future.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the draft of our "little" Wookiee

Roourarca
Wookiee Male
Height: 9'
Weight: 285 lbs
Character Points: 5
Force Points: 1
This character is non Force-sensitive

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Roourarca is a massive wookiee even for wookiee's standards. He has pitch black fur with cold blue eyes. He usually wears his bowcaster and his Kayshadak. Crossed at his waist he wears a bag when he storages his datapad, and some other personal stuff.

DEXTERITY 3D
Archaic Weapons
Blasters
Bowcaster 6D
Dodge 5D
Melee Combat: 4D
Melee Combat Specializations: Kayshadak 5D
Melee Parry
Pick Pockets
Running
Thrown Weapons

KNOWLEDGE 2D
Alien Species
Cultures
Intimidation 3D
Languages
Law Enforcement
Planetary Systems
Streetwise
Survival
Willpower

MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation
Communications
Repulsorlift Operation
Sensors
Starship Piloting
Starship Shields
Swoop Operation

PERCEPTION 2D

Bargain
Con
Forgery
Hide
Investigation
Search 3D
Search Specialiation: Tracking 4D
Sneak

STRENGTH 6D
Brawling 9D
Brawling Specialization: Wrruushi 10D
Climbing/Jumping
Stamina
Swimming

TECHNICAL 3D
Archaic Weapon Repair
Armor Repair
Blaster Repair
Bowcaster Repair
Computer Programming/Repair 4D Specialization: Slicing 5D
Demolitions
Droid Programming/Repair
Pulse Wave Weapon Repair
Security 4D
Starship Gunnery
Starship Repair

BACKGROUND: Roourarca grew up in a fighting focused clan on Kashyyk. He is quite agile and fast, despite his huge build, taller even for the great Wookiees, and his focused mind made him a great student of the Wookiee martial art, the Wruushi. He made great advancements on his clan ranks, mastering the secrets of the Wruushi at an early age.
He didn't spend time playing with machinery like most of his brothers, but he liked the computer programming and quickly became an accomplished slicer.
Unfortunately he failed to abdie to the most important teachings of his clan and unit, the ones who talked about honor and not techniques. He only cared about winning, at all cost. He somehow was obssesed with wining. He hurt some of the other advanced students to prevent them winning him, he pushed himself to his limits to be the one who took down the prey at the hunting raids. He just wanted to be the best of the best and to be recognize by it.
He felt a deep respect and sense of duty towards his clan, it just that he wanted it, he knew it, it was the best and most powerful clan in all Kashyyk.
It was that compelling feeling that made him fall.
There was another clan who compete with his own. In one annual competition they lose and get the second place. That was more than he could stand.
He sliced on the other clan's computer and knew of their next movements. He changed some things in their schelude and sent some messages to the key members of that clan. Then he sent a message to some Trandoshan slavers and sold the other clan members to them.
He didn't accept a credit, he didn't do it for the profit or the money. All he wanted was his clan honor restored. He failed to see that it were his actions, not the honorable defeat, what bringed shame to his whole clan.

When his actions were discovered he was casted away from his clan, his name erased from its records. No song or record of his great acomplishments would be ever known to the Wookiees.

Even now he feels betrayed by his clan, arguing that he is the only one who truly knows what means to be a wookiee, a pride and lethal hunter. He continues training on a daily basis, and he mantain his own personal code of honor.

He went to the Outer Rim and made for himself a name as bounty hunter and ocassinal slicer. Not respected but feared, he sell his services not only to those who can pay him, but to those who give him an opportunity to put his skill to test.

A QUOTE: “Wrraaagghh Wuf Rour Ror Raaauuur ” ( If you wanted him alive you should have hired a mandalorian)

EQUIPMENT: spare bowcasters packs, Datapad, 1000 credits, comlink

WEAPONS: Bowcaster Damage 4D+2, Kayshadak: Wookie weapon consisting in a huge axe, a hardwood shaft and a steel ball at the bottom for balance and for beign used as blunt weapon (Blade STR +4D, (max 8D) Ball STR+2D (max 6D)
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the character! Unless you have an objection, I'm going to make Koahka from the story into your brother, . . . I can see the two of them being an imposing pair!

Can you please post the completed character over on the Completed Characters thread for easy reference? Thanks!
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! I have no objection at all. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: