The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character Creation & Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Character Creation & Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you made a mistake Skyler, we only get 15D for Skills, not 18 ^^ we get 18 only for the Attributes ^^

And, i dont know, but if you put so much emphasis on the disguise skills of Vin, shouldn't he get some D in Disguise? right now its only 2D that he gets from the Perception Attribute. But well, was only wondering about that, not that i would mind ^^

About the Backstory:
Well, the only place were we could really tie in would be that part when you were send to that one mercenary group. Would probably the best if we all ended up in that one, so we all have a connection on the start (but i guess that was your idea ^ ^).

@Guardian
How about the Equipment? There is still the question wether i could have an Stealth Field Generator (dont mind either way, just want to know Very Happy). Personally, if i could get one, i would prefer if it was a downgraded one. All i really care about is the "invisibility"-portion of that item, that, theoretically, allows my to "hide in plain sight", even if there is an open field (wich does not mean that i'm undetectable... but without it, everyone could see me ^^).

Gonna move my Char to the Completed Thread after discussing these points.
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think Skyler has his character math right on target.

I added up:
15D attributes
3D force skills (first 1D in each for force skill comes out of attributes, not skills)

7D in skills
2D in specialties (which gives 6D in total dice of specialties)
6D in force skill advancement

Total = 18D of attributes
Total = 15D of skills
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinan wrote:
@Guardian
How about the Equipment? There is still the question wether i could have an Stealth Field Generator (dont mind either way, just want to know :D). Personally, if i could get one, i would prefer if it was a downgraded one. All i really care about is the "invisibility"-portion of that item, that, theoretically, allows my to "hide in plain sight", even if there is an open field (wich does not mean that i'm undetectable... but without it, everyone could see me ^^).

How would you feel about "having a Stealth Field Generator" but having it heavily damaged in the battle, and now needing parts and technical work in order to get it back into working order. Might be more interesting than just having it, and could lead to early objectives/plots for your character in addition to whatever else will be thrown at us.

I thought about writing a stygium crystal cloaking device into the background of the character and his ship, but in the end, I figured that is irrelivant at this point since my ship is totalled. Suppose I should probably clear it before assuming it though since it might come up in conversation. With the personal stealth field, there could be some hope of salvaging it in my suggested scenario. (Of course, this assumes Guardian is ok with it being in the picture at all.)
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinan wrote:

About the Backstory:
Well, the only place were we could really tie in would be that part when you were send to that one mercenary group. Would probably the best if we all ended up in that one, so we all have a connection on the start (but i guess that was your idea ^ ^).

I think that is my best place to tie in, especially with John.

For John Damek and Vin Darkmauler, I figured I likely transported you to or from some mission, or at least brought in supplies on a couple of occasions. Perhaps I won or lost some money to one or more of you on one of these trips. Not sure exactly what direction Orgalath will be going, but I'm assuming he'd fit in this as well.

For Caster Thrall, he probably doesn't need my transport so much, but you never know. We easily could have run into each other in "pilot circles" over time though. We easily could have run into each other with common employers, common hangouts, or common technicians. It's even possible we had a joint job or two, possibly a scenario where you had to go in shooting and make a lot of noise with your superior skills, while I stealthed in to make a drop. Perhaps we could use the age old rivalry setup of you used to own my ship (which I now got blown out from under me) and had been hoping to get it back somehow. You might have to join me in a drink or 5 to toast the ship.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaloth Varsk wrote:
Actually I think Skyler has his character math right on target.

I added up:
15D attributes
3D force skills (first 1D in each for force skill comes out of attributes, not skills)

7D in skills
2D in specialties (which gives 6D in total dice of specialties)
6D in force skill advancement

Total = 18D of attributes
Total = 15D of skills

A yes you are absolutely right, didn't recognized the other batch of specialties and thought they were normal Skill D, so everything adds up fine, sorry Skyler ^^

And yeah, the heavily damaged SFG would be a really good idea, if the ship got shot down there is more then enough reason for that ^^ But yeah, depends on Guardians opinion.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaloth is right, Skylers character checks out (I actually had a similar conversation with Skyler about the character already because I was having trouble with the math as well.)

Equipment: the Stealth Field Generator is going to be a bit much at the moment. You are welcome to try running one down once we get started though.

Backstory: All of you (Or at least most of you) will be starting on the same ship. You dont have to be friends, or even members of the same unit if you dont want to. But you all would have at least seen each other around the ship during your regular activities.

Have I missed any other questions? If so, let me know so I get them answered.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, no prop, just was an idea (just played KoToR 2 recently and i simply loved the SFG Razz But not much use for that in the game unfortunately -.-).

So how about that:
Caster and John (changed my Background a little) are part of the Mercenary Group (changed my Bachground a little, so he would have joined that Group after the 1st Ruusan Battle) that Vin was send to by Malikus. Like John, the Group could have picked up Dar and AR-Tee at one of the later Ruusan Battles, depending on when you actually lost your Ship.

The only question would be, how Orgaloth's Char ended up with us, but he might fit into the Merc Group as well.

Opinions?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope our stragglers are still working on their character sheets!

Just a quick update.

With three completed characters at this time, I plan to start the game this Friday. Anyone who can complete their characters by Thursday will be included in the opening portion of the story.

I finished the story intro this morning. Now I just need to complete the Character's intro before we get things started!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giggity!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking over the backstories of our cast this afternoon, and I thought I better tell you guys how we are starting out.

This is an excert from the character intro I've been working on today. There is some that comes before this, and some character specific material that comes after, but it should give everyone a pretty good idea of where you will all be starting out. Characters that join us late will either be found as the main group makes their way to the hangar or in an escape pod as the players escape the Ruusan system.

One Hour Later:

The Sith cruiser Oblivion was dead in space. Short lived fires could be seen flickering across its ravaged hull. Streams of crystallized vapor drift away from the ship where atmosphere leaked slowly from small holes in the ship.

Closer to the planet, the battered Jedi fleet takes up orbit around Ruusan as smaller ships streak towards the planet, bringing much needed reinforcements to the Jedi fighting on the surface. In their wake, lays the broken remnants of the Sith fleet. The seventh battle of Russan had begun.

Two Days Later:

Aboard the Sith cruiser Oblivion. It had been a grueling two days to reach the ship’s escape pod bays, navigating their way through the now broken and foreign landscape of the cruiser. The tattered band of survivors look at the green display light on a single escape pod door. Feeling a brief moment of hope, they look through the small window in the pod’s door, they can see that the far side of the escape pod is badly damaged, exposing its interior to the vacuum of space. Sharing a look between them, they realize that their only remaining hope of escape is the hangar deck. And they will need to cross the vacuum of space to get there, . . . .
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight change of plans. I'm getting anxious to get started, as is a couple of the people who have already completed their characters. I'm going to go a head and start the game thread as well as an OOC thread for general conversation. We'll introduce additional characters as they are completed!
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinan wrote:

For Caster Thrall, he probably doesn't need my transport so much, but you never know. We easily could have run into each other in "pilot circles" over time though. We easily could have run into each other with common employers, common hangouts, or common technicians. It's even possible we had a joint job or two, possibly a scenario where you had to go in shooting and make a lot of noise with your superior skills, while I stealthed in to make a drop. Perhaps we could use the age old rivalry setup of you used to own my ship (which I now got blown out from under me) and had been hoping to get it back somehow. You might have to join me in a drink or 5 to toast the ship.

Sorry I missed the discussion here. I'm back in town and hope to be starting the game soon. I am open to any of the ideas you mention here.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be introducing you in my next post!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else who is interested in joining should let me know soon. So long as you can have a completed character sheet done before the group leaves the Russan system will be welcome to join us. After that, its going to get a little more difficult to add you to the game.
MasterBlaster
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have been green lighted by Guardian_A so in the next few days I'll be rolling up a new character. So first, hello! Secondly, my first idea for a character.

As the party is 100% male I was thinking about breaking up the meat market by adding the first female character. I was thinking along the lines of a thief/slicer, species would be Zeltron (good at talking people into things) or a Twi'lek.

I can see a thief/slicer being very useful to this group, . . . .

Some things to keep in mind when putting your character together:
You will be starting play on Kashyyyk.
You will need to start thinking of why you would join this group.
If you want more detail, feel free to PM me.

Character Creation Rules:
Characters should be built with 2nd R&E using the following:
Attribute Dice: 18D
Skill Dice: 15D
Characters will be allowed to add up to 3D in any single skill. 2D in a Specialty.
You may either use an existing template, or create your own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: