The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character Creation & Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Character Creation & Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't discussed character connections as of yet. (I figured everyone needed time to work on individual concepts before we worried at all about interconnectivity.)

Possible connections for Darwin:
Gambling/Drinking acquaintance?
Transported some of you to or from missions?
Smuggled something for a PC in the past?

I'm of course open to other suggestions, but those seemed like obvious ones for the character.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been contributing to the discussion yet. It was a hectic week. Here is a quick rough draft of what I am thinking:

Caster Thrall
Human male
Mercenary Pilot

Background: Combat pilot in the Sith Army who is looking for a way out. I have a few ideas here and will try to flesh them out soon.

Dexterity: 4D
Blaster - 6D
Dodge - 5D
Brawling Parry - 5D

Perception: 3D
Persuasion - 4D
Intimidation - 4D

Strength: 3D
Brawling - 4D
Stamina - 4D

Knowledge - 2D
Streetwise - 3D
Survival - 3D

Mechanical - 4D
Space Transports - 6D
Swoops - 5D
Repulsorlift Operation - 5D

Technical - 2D
Hotwiring - 3D (Is that a skill?)

Equipment: TBD
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say hotwiring might be a specialty of security, but that doesn't actually seem like a good fit after rereading the full description of the skill.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm thinking about omitting the whole force thing from my char and make him an ordinary mercenary/demolition expert... the Story would mostly be the same, only the "trained by a Sith" part would be deleted... the more i think about it, it's just not worth it and sounds to forced -.-
So the new Stats would look like this:

• Dexterity 3D

• Grenade 6D

• Knowledge 3D

• Streetwise 4D
    • Survival 4D

• Mechanical 2D
  • Perception 3D

• Bargain 4D
    • Hide 4D
    • Sneak 5D

• Strength 3D

• Climbing / Jumping 4D

• Technical 4D

• Demolition 7D
    • Explosives Engineering 6D

Maybe i'm going to change a little more of the Background story... the more i think about scenarios and how my char would react to them, i get the feeling that i wont be able to play the "sealed emotions" part satisfactory... (especially for me ^^). So maybe i'm gonna change that as well... i'll think about it ^^

and btw. i would put "Hotwiring" as a specialization skill of the specific vehicle type... like "Repulsorlift Repair: Hotwiring" or "Space Transports Repair: Hotwiring"... just my 2 cents ^^
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far guys.

Yeah, Hotwiring would be a specialty off of the repair skills. So it would look something like this: Ground Vehicle Repair: Hotiwiring, Hover Vehicle Repair: Hotwiring, Repulsorlift Repair: Hotwiring, Space Transports Repair: Hotwiring, etc.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be playing your muscle. He'll be loosely based on Jayne from Firefly. I may be a late starter to the game, as I'm still settling into my new place.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Looks like I'll be playing your muscle. He'll be loosely based on Jayne from Firefly. I may be a late starter to the game, as I'm still settling into my new place.

I completely understand.

At this point, I'm hoping to have most of the characters ready by this coming weekend so we can get things started.
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing some edits on my original character post as we have gone along. Nothing major though.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so this is my revised Char. If you don't have anything against that, I will put it like that into the "Completed Characters" Thread.

John Damek
Player: Yinan
Template: Demolition Expert
Species: Human
Sex: Male Age: 30
Height: 1.70 m Weight: 71 k
Physical Description: Very short black hair, gray/green eyes, thin mustache. Wears some casual but dark cloth.
Background: Joined a Mercenary Group with age 16. Since he always played with explosive chemicals at home (that, of course, tend to blow up most of the time) he was pretty good with the handling of explosives of any kind, which soon made him the demolition-guy of the group. His group decided to work for the Sith, which, in the end, was a pretty bad idea. They were seen as nothing more then cannon-fooder, so not long after the beginning of the Ruusan campaign, Johns comrades fell one after the other, until only he was left. His only thought was, to get away from all this madness somehow, doubting their decision to help the Sith and feeling kinda quilty for everything they have done.

Personality: He's a pretty quite guy, but when it comes to explosives or generally "blowing something up", he gets very talkative. He sees "blowing something up" as a kind of art. Everyone can just stick alot of detonite to something and blow it up, but for him it's always a challenge to find just the right places and use just enough and different kinds of explosives to reach his goal.
He's always analytic, always trying to find the best way first before acting.
Objective: Getting away from the Ruusan and the Sith.
A Quote: "Everything can be blown up. But finding the perfect way, using minimal resources, that's the real art!"

• Dexterity 3D

• Grenade 6D

• Knowledge 3D

• Streetwise 4D
    • Survival 4D

• Mechanical 2D
  • Perception 3D

• Bargain 4D
    • Hide 4D
    • Sneak 5D

• Strength 3D

• Climbing / Jumping 4D

• Technical 4D

• Demolition 7D
    • Explosives Engineering 6D

Equipment:
Some Dark Clothes
Personal Comlink (25 Credits)
Glow Rod (10 Credits)
Datapad (100 Credits)
Breath Mask (50 Credits)
Demolitions Sensor (1000 Credits)
BlasTech DL-18 blaster pistol (500 Credits)
Knife (25 Credits)
4 Fragmentation Grenades (4*200 = 500 Credits)
Mine (750 Credits)
3 Adhesive Grenades (3*200 = 600 Credits)
3 Remote Grenade (3*300 = 900 Credits)
Remote Greanade detonator switch (100 Credits)
X - 4560 Credits (here X is the Amount of Credits we have from the Start)

I would really like to have an "Stealth Field Generator", but i think that would be out of the question, since it costs 5k Credits (and if i took just that then i would have no more explosives, what would be kinde weird for an Demolition Expert).
Another thing is "Detonite", haven't found anything about the Cost of that... But Detonite is not that important i think.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:

giggitygiggitygiggitygiggity!

I just recently finally bought the series and Serenity in one shot. I've seen them once before but had to have them!
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have 3 chars in a final or almost final state, and 2 pending at this point?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaloth Varsk wrote:
Looks like we have 3 chars in a final or almost final state, and 2 pending at this point?

Thats about how I'm seeing it.

Anyone who has a completed character should post it over in the Completed Characters thread and head over to the Cantina for a little R&R before the game gets started.

I'm planning to get things started first thing next week, anyone who hasn't finished their character by Monday can join as we play.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guardian...so do we have final approval with the last character sheet I sent you? If so, do you want me to post him?

My only possible concern is adding to the backstory; I don't have a great deal of information about the other characters, so I was only able to loosely tie them together in an escape from the fleet right as the thought bomb had gone off. I can put more detail in if I get some about the other characters.

To that end, any of you guys who would like to collaborate on our stories to make 'em richer (and thence perhaps grounds for more goodies, MUAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! *rubs hands together expectantly*), please feel free to PM me details you'd like me to include. I will share any details (including sending a copy of my sheet) to anyone who wants to see it, once I have the final go-ahead from the boss.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, your last revision looked good.

As for the back story, you guys are welcome to work on them together, but I'd like to be in the loop. You are welcome to discuss things in this thread.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then. To save everyone the trouble, I'll just go ahead and post a copy in the Sheets forum. Everyone can peruse til their hearts are content. I will still work on backstory with anyone who wants to tie them together more, and edit mine as we get approval from da boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: