The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Future of the D6 Magazine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The Future of the D6 Magazine Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: The Future of the D6 Magazine Reply with quote

Hi everyone. You should know that the D6 Magazine, to which I have contributed in the past, has had a change in editorship. I'm happy to announce that both Grimace and I will be co-editing the mag. I think you all know what a love I have of Star Wars and what a love I have for D6. I would really like your help and support as we service the whole D6 community. Our aim is to make sure that what we do is above board legally, and that means that we can't use the specific names of protected intellectual property. (I.E., we can't say "this is for Star Wars.") You can expect to see some adventures and technology in a sci-fi settings that will transfer quite easily.

On that note, I'd like your help as well. In order to make this a successful magazine we need contributors. We need people who have ideas for optional rules, technology, new ships, rich settings, NPCs, GMing advice, interviews, rule clarifications, and all things related to D6. With your help, we know that the Magazine can reach the broadest D6 community possible.

We're working on the submission guidelines right now, but I'd like to hear from you and how many are interested. We'll certainly have more news soon.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great Cheshire. Count me as interested.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any original media I have posted or do post later here, on flickr, or on the Sketchup 3D Warehouse. (The EV collection is probably still copyrighted by Ambrosia Software.) Feel free to ask questions and get stats and such.

Complete Starship Construction System
jmanski

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. I'll help however I can.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know that I would be much help. But if you want to include some of the stats from the NPC collections I've been doing, you are welcome to do so. After all, I made them for ANYONE who might find them useful

Also, you are welcome to use my "Guide to making quick & easy NPCs" if you are interested, it might take a little modification, but it shouldnt take more than a minute or two. If interested, I could probably rewrite it one afternoon next week.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3546
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace and I are working on the submission guidelines so you can work on articles. But if you have any adventures or rule changes, etc, that you can turn into an article, send me a PM. Just make sure if it's a Star Wars adventure that you "file the serial number off" so to speak. I plan on tooling one of my mini campaigns some time in the future, and I just plan on removing references to official Star Wars IP. Anyone who runs Star Wars will be able to use the settings and stats quite readily, though.
Lancil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i read this d6 magazine?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find them for download here:
http://d6magazine.com/?page_id=27
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue three was uploaded through Drive Thru RPG. You can find the link to that issue there, and there are also links at the bottom to the other two issues.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=97787[/quote]
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been meaning to submit work since the beginning for the mag. but, every time i miss the deadline and or dont get an idea of what the topic would be for the issue in time. would yall be able to setup a mailing list to get the guildlines/topic/due date sent out to some of us when you have them? especially since im terrible at keeping track of a forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to send an email of interest, or one of questions about what you can do, to D6Magazine@aol.com

We'll see about setting up some sort of mailing list, but until then we can answer your questions and provide information, as well as accept contributions for the magazine at that email.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've set up a Yahoo Group so people can sign up and receive emails. You can find it at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/D6Magazine/join
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I PM you my e-mail so that I can get e-mail updates? I don't want to create a yahoo account to access the group. Sad
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can invite non-yahoo e-mail addresses to the group and you should be able to get updates. Yes, you can send it via PM. We don't want to force anyone to create an account that they'll never check.

Last edited by cheshire on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Can I PM you my e-mail so that I can get e-mail updates? I don't want to create a yahoo account to access the group. Sad

I'll second that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: