The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lightsaber Record Sheet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Lightsaber Record Sheet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HACCP
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Lightsaber Record Sheet Reply with quote

I threw together this simple Lightsaber Record Sheet and thought I'd share. Enjoy.

http://gubbspel.buu.nu/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/lightsaber-sheet.pdf
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent really looked at what the boxes represents, as I assume their uses differe depending on what rules you use.

However, from a layout point of view, remove all the dotted boxes. Make them normal lines instead.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting diagram, and will probably be most useful when questing for lightsaber components. Also, I can see it being of use during a d20 game when many of the components have special rules.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
This is an interesting diagram, and will probably be most useful when questing for lightsaber components. Also, I can see it being of use during a d20 game when many of the components have special rules.

Arent there at least fan-rules for D6 (on this forum) for two of the crystals in the saber.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, . . . now to find a way to use it in game!
HACCP
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using it with a lightsaber Construction guide (D6), found via this forum I think. I also use the ULTIMATE D6 LIGHTSABER CRYSTAL GUIDE.
The different components mostly adds flavour, not so much technical stuff and rules. It's quite balanced really.

Edit: I run a Tales of the Jedi -campaign in witch crystals and lightsaber parts are more common.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm way into this degree of detail about lightsabres in our gaming, so love it. Nice job, I'll be using this.

My other players aren't really quite as into it which is a shame, the technical detailing is direct causality with gaming bonuses and fine tuning play style. Like using lightsabre combat forms, same deal just the technological version.

In an effort to get the players more involved I implemented the Tales of the Jedi sourcebook adegan crystal guidelines (pontite 5D+2 base, danite 4D+2 base, etc.).

I then ruled that different adegan have common blade colours, though it is not a restriction (player preference takes precedence during lightsabre construction).
So that kathracite, the most common in most areas of the galaxy usually (but not always) produce a yellow blade.
Relacite, second most common usually (but not always) produces a blue blade.
Rarer danites usually (but not always) produce a green blade.
Mephites are quite rare and produce a cyan or viridian blade (an off-white tinge of blue or green in a fiercely bright blade).
Pontites are extremely rare and generally produce a purple or orange blade (were popular among the old Battlemaster Jedi).

So here's how it works. As stated in the RAW you can have up to three crystals to produce customised effects. Plus there are the normal weapons modifications rules for steps of up to +1D+2 the base statistic rating.

What all this means is that later era Jedi training generally imposed a standard of 5D base damage on lightsabres. It is easier to find relacite adegan than it is to find mephite ones, so you want to find two relacites and construct your lightsabre using modification rules for increased cost and complexity, to produce a weapon that does 5D base damage.
Some Jedi do some extra running around to find better danite crystals, you only need one of those and a slight power modification during construction to produce a 5D base weapon.
A Jedi Battlemaster template might probably want to find a pontite and construct a weapon that does up to 7D base damage with a brilliant purple or orange blade, but he might want to watch out he doesn't get confused for a Sith.

But like say an ancient lightsabre with a blue blade, if just a basic padawan sabre will probably be a 4D base weapon.

What I then did was add a whole bunch of other crystals that have various effects, like a Solari which provides +1D to resist dark side powers when the weapon is held, or the Sigil which gives +1D Force sense skill when the weapon is held.
So for your three crystals, you could have a Pontite, a Solari and a Sigil and gain a variety of bonus effects, in a weapon half the galaxy would give their eye teeth to steal.

But what I was looking for was a little more about the technological construction of the weapon itself, and this pdf is good for that.

The handgrip could be pressure release safety modded (switches off when dropped).
The emitter matrix can have a length adjuster installed (more about reach than damage in this type of weapon).
The recharge socket could be modified to drain a blaster power pack for limited recharge in emergencies (some special items cause lightsabres to drain and deactivate on contact).
The power conduit and lense assembly would obviously be the primary means of upgrading power supply to the crystals, but these may affect power cell requirements.

All in all it looks extremely useful to our gaming group. Cheers for the work mate.
*thumbs up*
HACCP
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you like it. I have been doing some changes to a Lightsaber construction guide I found a couple of years back. I'ts by no means complete as I tend to have half of my house rules written down in books or notes but I'll share it none the less.
Currently I'm working on a separate guide to implement all the diffrent sabers found in the Old Republic, but using the same construction system. I'll let you know as that work draws to an end.

http://gubbspel.buu.nu/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/lightsaber-construction-revisited.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: