The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

SOPA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> SOPA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: SOPA Reply with quote

I know this really isn't the place for this, and I'm sorry Loc if I am breaking rules.

I just feel this is so incredible important that I can't not share it anywhere I can.

http://wh.gov/DfY

It is a petition to sign against SOPA, essentially it is a Stop online piracy act. Though it allows third-party groups to bring down entire websites if they claim it has copyright material. Without any judicial review, warrant, or anything just enough for a hunch. It also allows the government to completely shut off websites, meaning cutting complete access to them, if they believe it has copyrighted material on it.

Again without any kind of judicial review or warrant.

So again, sorry, I know this isn't the place.... But I think it is too important not to be spread everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: