The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Nihl and Shadow Intro Thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Nihl and Shadow Intro Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow

Shadow quickly peeks around the corner and successfully gets back again without being noticed. Twenty meters down, the hallway comes to an abrupt end. Just in front of that, another hallway branches to the left and Shadow concludes that the left hand turn would send him back to that middle intersection that has seen all the action. What Shadow notices most of all, though, is a Crab Droid parked in front of that turn, blocking all access. (OOC an updated map hopefully will be posted tonight or tomorrow if that would be helpful.)

Nihl
Nihl fires two shots at the SBD on the left. He watches his first shot hit home and cause heavy damage, while his second shot sails high. The other battle droid returns fire, but at this distance, it is not accurate. Nihl figures he will get off a few more shots before having to duck back behind the wall. (ooc - I will just make two more shots for you next round, unless I hear different before then.)
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir, I have a crab droid holding position along the eastern hallway, what is you current situation?" Shadow asks hearing the blaster bolts firing down the main hall. Shadow delays for a few seconds waiting to see if the crab droid will turn its attention to the center of the complex, in order to allow for an unobserved ion grenade toss to droids position. He turn just enough to take sight and toss the grenade around before turning back and waiting for the ensuing ion discharge (since he will actually arm the grenade this time.)
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
(ooc - I will just make two more shots for you next round, unless I hear different before then.)

Nihl stands his ground and continues to shoot at the SBD's.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
Shadow notices that the multi-legged droid seems to be paying no attention to the sounds of battle to the west, but seems content to stand guard where he is. Shadow tosses the grenade down the hallway and ducks back just before it lands near the mechanical crab. A moment later he hears from around the corner that he at least armed the grenade, but is unsure what damage it did.

Nihl
Nihl confidently takes two more shots and grins beneath his helmet as the first one drills the damaged SBD in the head, and takes him out of the fight for good. His second shot hits the other Super, but apparently does no damage. As he takes his second shot, several blaster bolts bounce off the wall to his left. Nihl realizes that the remaining droid has found his range.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow makes a quick peak around the corner with a covering shot toward the center of mass of the droid just in case things didn't work out so well from the grenade, and then he ducks back behind the corner to taking cover to analysis the situation, still hearing blaster bolts from the captains position.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow peaks around and fires off a shot.  Ion energy was still playing all over the surface of the droid as it stumbled and tried to function.  The huge droid was not completely disabled, but it's controls were definitely ionized.  Shadow's shot found a home in the center control panel, which set off another series of sparks, as Shadow ducked back around the corner again.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly out of further options and with a semi sedate adversary, Shadow takes a knee on the floor significantly out into the hallway to brace himself for firing a barrage of shots at the crab droids weakened abdominal area attempting to disable it. If that is successful then he will jump to his feet and storm down the corridor to ensure its destruction. Blasting as necessary to overwhelm him.

(ooc-man I just fixed my post from last night, sorry I had taken an ambien and then wrote. Not a recommended course of action, that post was messed up, better now though.)
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl stands his ground and continues to shoot at the SBD.

(occ - assuming i have initiative, I'll take a shot and dodge any return fire)
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl
Nihl fires off a shot that hits the SBD in the right chest, spinning him around slightly, but not knocking him down. Nihl quickly rolls to the right, just barely dodging a volley of fire. He comes up on one knee, hugging the wall to the right, ready for action.

Shadow
Shadow quickly takes a knee in the middle of the hallway and unleashes a steady stream of fire at the struggling Crab Droid. While not all of the shots hit home, the ones that do accomplish what he intended. There are more sparks and the Crab Droid wobbles for a bit, and finally crashes down to the floor. Shadow sprints down the hallway not fearing any more trouble from this particular droid.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"East hallway clear," Shadow whispers over the comlink, as he comes to a stop at the intersection the crab droid was protecting. (OOC - confirm the hallway ends at the center hallway intersection??) He takes a fleeting glance down the center hallway to access the current situation while listening for incoming droids (if anything can be heard over the blasting in the center of the complex.)
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyboy2002 wrote:
"East hallway clear," Shadow whispers over the comlink, as he comes to a stop at the intersection the crab droid was protecting. (OOC - confirm the hallway ends at the center hallway intersection??) He takes a fleeting glance down the center hallway to access the current situation while listening for incoming droids (if anything can be heard over the blasting in the center of the complex.)

(OOC - Yes, the hallway ends at the center intersection.)

Shadow
Shadow's quick glance reveals a squad of six battle droids moving quickly down the hall, away from Shadow and in the direction of Nihl. The droids are currently 25 meters away.
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl finally sends a comm to Shadow: "Under sustained fire in initial corridor...what's your status?"

Nihl back around the corner and assess his options...

(occ- please confirm map below based on latest descriptions. blue= shadow, red=nihl, black= sbd, grey=bd's)

Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC - Extend that hallway you have Shadow in to the right about 30 meters and that I think is where I am, with the 6 battle droids between me and the central intersection. I believe you still only have the single SBD in your view.)

Realizing that if the 6 opponents Battle Droids make it to the central intersection that Nihl will likely be overwhelmed 7 to 1, Shadow immediate fires a huge flurry of shots at the droids while kneeling around the corner (4 shots, hopefully they won't dodge seeing as they are facing the other way), with the intent to attrit as many as possible and to at least stop them from continuing around the corner.

"6 Battle Droids heading your direction, I will try to distract them."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(OOC - Extend that hallway you have Shadow in to the right about 30 meters and that I think is where I am, with the 6 battle droids between me and the central intersection. I believe you still only have the single SBD in your view.)

(OOC - That is correct! Nihl, does that change your post?)

Last edited by Wisconsin Wookie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC - Here is the updated map. Thanks for bearing with me during this first combat run. Nihl, do you still want to duck around the corner or would you prefer a different action?)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: