The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lurk intro thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Lurk intro thread Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Lurk intro thread Reply with quote

Kirilo's choice of watering hole would leave most individuals scratching their heads and would likely even send them running in the other direction. The few windows that may at one time have allowed in some light, have long since been crusted over with smoke and grime. The placed wreaked of all the wrong things and the food wasn't any good. Even the name of establishment was enough to make the average citizen nautious: The Hutt's Hide.

The patrons at the Hide were all of the same varety: people you would not want to even talk to, much less meet them in a dark alley.

All of this is exactly what Lurk liked about the place. Nobody talked to him and he didn't have to talk to anybody either. Even the bartender kept his mouth shut. And so, with a death stick clinging to the left corner of his mouth and a half-gone bottle of booze on the table in front of him, Lurk enjoyed the quiet of his last day on leave; wondering what the Republic had in mind for him next, and trying to decide whether or not he cared.
[/i]
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made up his mind as the deathstick burned out: he really, really didn't care, as long as they paid him enough to get by. He'd seen how few creds were left on his last chip. Time to start conserving his rations.

He stoppered the bottle, shoved it in his sling bag. He flicked the butt at the back of the drunkard wrapped around the barstool and lit up as he shouldered his way to the door.

Last night of leave. He hated it. But then, he hated everything.

He stepped out into the tepid drizzle that pissed down on him. He couldn't even remember which planet he was on. Or rather, didn't want to remember. But then he always knew where to head for one last distraction. One last chance to forget himself for an hour before the Republic reminded him who he was.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he heads out into the Coruscant night (or was it morning? It was hard to tell at this low level), Lurk hangs a left and proceeds toward his destination. Though on vacation, he is a warrior through and through, and soon begins to realize that he has picked up a tail.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That he could spot the figure following him for two blocks was something of a mild disappointment for Lurk; clearly the barman at the Hutt's Hide had been watering his booze, and Lurk wasn't as drunk as he'd hoped to be. Still, no need to let his tail know that.

He feigned a stagger as he took a corner, pushing his way through a gaggle of jabbering Hammerheads and stopped in an grubby alcove with a transperisteel pane that faced the Undercity street from where he came. He studied the faces of those who passed by; they kept their collars up and their hoods down, but his mechanical eye whirred to life and he saw their faces beneath the shadows: the faces of people who'd never seen the sky, never seen the stars with their own eyes. He scanned the reflections carefully, looking for a face that stood out in the despair, wondering who could be bothered tailing him.

Couldn't a scummer be left alone just for one night?

Search roll (4D+1D for eye): 2 1 3 6 5 : 17
Hide roll (3D+1): 3 4 5 : 12
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first few moments, Lurk wonders whether or not his feignt was for naught, as each passerby pays no heed to the mechanical Ubese hiding in the alcove. Just as he is about to resume his walk, around the corner turns the individual wearing the familiar coat and hat. The near-human scans the walk up ahead, trying to find his quarry.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Familiar as in I'd seen the guy before this evening, or familiar as in the coat and hat is what I think the tail was wearing?
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC - what you think the tail was wearing
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk watched the goon in the coat, pissed that the amateur had put a crimp in his evening. He could so easily give him the slip, then slide into those last hours of forgetting... but he could already feel it gnawing on his mind. He had to know who was following him, and why.

He sparked up a small flame at the end of his mechanical arm, fumbling with the crude prosthetics as he drew out another deathstick and lit it. Then he stepped out of the shadows, leaving smoke in his wake, and jabbed his arm cannon into the goon's back.

"Hey flyboy," he rasped. "Lookin' fer someone?"

Sneak check to move up on him without being spotted:
Sneak 3D+1 : 6 1 5 : 13 (and a 6 on the Wild Die if you're using them?)

Last edited by southpaw on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ooc - I am using the wild die, and I will always assume the first one in your roll is the wild. If it's a six, go ahead and roll it again if you want and add it at the end. I rolled it again this time, and you happened to get another six!)

Lurk deftly sneaks around and comes in behind his would-be tracker. He jams his weapon into the near-human's back, who happens to let out a yelp. He throws up his hands and in a panicked voices stammers:
"D-d-don't shoot me. P-p-please don't sh-shoot...I don't want any trouble!"
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Then you shouldn't be followin' me round, chummer," Lurk hissed. "Big mistake."

Lurk scanned the Undercity street, watching the 'pulsecars hover overhead, searching for security forces - and a dark, out-of-the-way alley more suitable for a proper chat.

"Yer lucky though, chummer. I'm feeling generous," he jabbed the goon's back once more, nudging him towards the shadows. "Talk and I'll let you walk."

Search (4D+1D eye) : 3 6 5 5 6 : 25

Last edited by southpaw on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk does not notice any security forces and quickly spots a dark alley nearby. Lurk keeps his weapon well concealed and as he begins moving him torward the shadows, the guy falls to his knees and turns to Lurk, begging and pleading and talking really fast: "Please man, don't kill me, I don't even know what I'm doing here. S-s-some guy p-paid me a quick 100 to follow you around o-once you left that bar. I really needed the creds so I said sure. You want the money? You can have it. Here." In a panic, the man takes the money out of his pocket and thrusts it in Lurk's direction.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk pocketed the credstick then eyed the man thing. "Keep talkin', chummer," he spun the goon round and threw him against the wall, sticking the barrel of his arm cannon deep in the guy's neck. "Tell me everythin' you know bout who paid you. His name, what he looked like, where he was sittin' in the bar, when and where you were supposed to meet up with him and tell him what I was up to. Everythin'."
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: I just realised that the whole "always-has-a-deathstick-in-his-mouth" schtick sorta makes the Ubese "must wear a breather apparatus in Type I Atmosphere or suffer -1D" kinda difficult.... but then I figured that technically deathsticks give off Type II Atmosphere pollution.... which would explain why he always has one in his mouth Smile
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
Lurk pocketed the credstick then eyed the man thing. "Keep talkin', chummer," he spun the goon round and threw him against the wall, sticking the barrel of his arm cannon deep in the guy's neck. "Tell me everythin' you know bout who paid you. His name, what he looked like, where he was sittin' in the bar, when and where you were supposed to meet up with him and tell him what I was up to. Everythin'."

As Lurk makes his threats, the man turns white and has a look of terror in his eyes, the likes of which even Lurk had not seen too often before. After a few moments of moving his mouth with no words coming out, he finally spits out the following: "I don't know who he was...I swear. And he wasn't sitting in the bar...I met him outside."

Before Lurk can decide on his next curse of action, a stretch luxury speeder comes to a screetching halt alongside the duo. Lurk watches as a bulky Barabel and a muscle-bound human get out of the speeder, leveling blaster carbines at Lurk. The rear window slides down about half way, and a voice from inside calls out: "Mr. Urkuloi, won't you please join me for a ride?"
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
OOC: I just realised that the whole "always-has-a-deathstick-in-his-mouth" schtick sorta makes the Ubese "must wear a breather apparatus in Type I Atmosphere or suffer -1D" kinda difficult.... but then I figured that technically deathsticks give off Type II Atmosphere pollution.... which would explain why he always has one in his mouth Smile

(ooc) I didn't even think of that. For now we'll let it go. But depending on where you go next, we may have to watch that closer.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: