The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn takes his hands off the regulator, allowing the heat to completely dissipate away from him. He activates his comlink, calling Bri'tan. "Captain, this power regulator is going to have to be replaced. I don't suppose we have any on hand?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing his comlink chirp, Bri'tan pulls it and listens to Daryn's question, "Doubt it," He says simply, "Life support is slagged too. I'm planning to gut the climate control systems in Cargo Bay 4 to get things up and running again. But first, I want to make sure Kage is ok, and get him to help out with the repairs if possible." Hitting the off button, he slips the comlink back into his pocket before turning back to Kage.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn thinks about what might be used to substitute for the damaged part as he inspects the rest of the system to see if there is anything else that will need to be replaced.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow enters the medbay and notices the two disappointed clones. "What did I miss?" he says sarcastically, before noticing Lurk slumped on the table, and changing his tone immediately. "Is he going to make it?"
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
Nihl returns Shadow's question with a grim expression but says nothing. Needles looks up and states matter of factly, "I don't have enough of the right kind of meds. If we don't resupply soon, he ain't going to make it."

Daryn
Daryn doesn't find anything else wrong with the system, though he realizes that with a faulty power regulator, the rest of the system is being taxed more heavily than normal.

Bri'tan
Bri'tan turns his attention to Kage and runs a few diagnostics. Kage had a good charge and seemed to be functioning properly. Bri'tan doesn't find any evidence that the power surge had overridden anything in the droid. Yet, for some reason, Bri'tan had his doubts about the little droid. But, he did need help with repairs.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimacing, Bri'tan turns the little droid back on, "Kage, run a full self diagnostic, then come see me." Turning, he heads to the workshop in search of the parts, or at least a passable substitute for the parts he needs to repair the life support systems. Mentally, he starts makinga list of what he will need to acquire to make proper repairs at their next stop.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn calls the captain again, telling him the rest of the climate control system, while being heavily taxed, is currently operating within tolerances. He then moves to check the next system on the list Bri'tan gave him.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I will go pass words to the Captain that we need to get to civilization quickly," Shadow explains as he quickly turn to leave the medbay for the cockpit. When he finds Bri'tan he interrupts the current conversation with Kage and offers, "Captain, Lurk is in dire need of medical attention that Needles can provide without better medicine and facilities. We need to get this ship down somewhere soon. From the looks of things the ship needs some fixing as well."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan, Daryn and Shadow

For the next hour or so, the group does what it can to keep the ship going and to keep Lurk alive. The current situation is as follows:

- Daryn and Bri'tan have done all they can to repair some of the ship's systems and to contain problems on the rest of the systems. They have also compiled a list of parts that will be needed to complete repairs. (List of parts needed and repairs still to be done will be posted soon).

- Kage seems to be functioning properly, though Bri'tan is hesitant to let the droid work on repairs without some level of supervision.

- Lurk is somewhat stabilized, though needs more and better medical care than can be given aboard the Nerf with it's limited supplies. Time is of the essence.

- The group still has the coded metal case in its possession.

- There are also a few unanswered questions: namely, how did the Seperatists find them so quickly? Also, who exactly had attacked the Republic vessel and were there traitors involved?

The Greased Nerf will soon be completing its short jump to the supposed location of the missing Republic battle cruiser. Potentially many of the above problems can be solved once on board the warship - though the group had no idea what to expect once they arrived at their destination.

If there is anything else your characters would like to do before the ship comes out of hyper-space, continue posting here. Depending on those posts, the Greased Nerf will be coming out of hyperspace by the weekend.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noting that Bri'tan hasn't responded to his comlink hail, Daryn shakes his head and continues repairs.

As he finishes up everything the captain asked him to work on, he goes through the ship and finds Bri'tan. He goes over his findings and work, then asks how the captain has fared, how Kage is doing, and if there's anything else he might assist with.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Daryn, Bri'tan shares his own progress, "Life support is down until we can get repairs. Its going to get pretty uncomfortable in here if we have to spend much more time in here. I cant find anything wrong with Kage, but he's not acting like himself." He turns his attention back to the little droid, adjusting his headstrap binoculars and hefting his multitool, he checks the chrono to see how much time there is before they reach their destination.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods, having expected things to be as bleak here as they'd been for his own set of repairs. Nodding at the astromech, he says, "I highly doubt Kage would submit to allowing me to help see if I could find anything wrong with him."

Thinking for a few moments, he adds, "Do you know why he seems to have such an innate dislike for me? What have I done wrong?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glancing back at Daryn, Bri'tan replies, "He's just protective of the ship, and I encourage that behavior. We usually fly alone, and strangers usually mean trouble."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan and Daryn have put together the following list of parts needed to complete repairs on the Greased Nerf:

- 2 power regulators
- several circuit boards
- a good amount of conduit and conducting wire
- cooling coils for the climate control systems
- an assortment of fuses, relays and ciruits
- a small transformer
- 1 power coupling
- 1 control panel/computer for the life-support system (the existing one being completely fried)

Bri'tan figures that most of the items should be fairly easy to come by as they are fairly universal in size and use. The one item that may be tougher to replace might be the computer for the life-support system.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods. "That's fair enough, Captain." He thinks for a few moments. "I suppose the additions I made probably seemed to him like I was trying to take over the ship. I assure you, that is not the case; my desire to prove exactly the opposite was why I showed you my plans, asked your permission, and gave you copies of the programming I installed so you could do the same thing from your datapad. I simply meant to offer a means for you to operate the ship in a more streamlined fashion once you were no longer working with us. It was meant more as a thank-you, a long-lasting way of showing my appreciation for what you're doing for my team and I. If the programming is causing such a problem, I'll gladly remove it."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47

Jump to: