The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Reply with quote

(This thread is not technically open for business yet, but wanted to give a little cut-away scene before we start.)

The Black Breath comes out of hyperspace as scheduled and the crew members immediately spring into action all over the newly-minted battle cruiser. Commander Muldar stands on the bridge looking down to the 'pit' below him where the crew are all manning their battle stations.

"Commander, we have come out of hyper-space as planned. All stations reporting in and are ready for battle."

"Sir!" An anxious shout rises above the noise below. "The enemy vessel is dead ahead, just as suspected!"

Commander Muldar grins wide and replies: "Excellent. Prepare the boarding parties. Let's go get our first prize." ...

The camera suddenly turns downward and points at the floor beneath the Commander. Quickly it moves down and goes through after deck after deck at a rapid pace before suddenly coming to a stop, many decks below. As the camera reorients itself and pans around the room, one can see a dark room illumanited only by a few low, red lights. There is a cloud of incense hanging in the air and there is a lone viewport, looking out the front of the warship. There is a beep and the door slides open just before a courier arrives. "Your excellency, they are ready."
The figure reveals a faint smile, and the screen goes black...
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group of younglings on their way to Yoda's classroom, have stopped in the main training area to wach wide-eyed as Daryn is deep into his morning workout and training exercise. Two green blades fly through the air in all directions, fending off four training remotes as they rotate around the jedi knight, trying to fire through his defenses.

Daryn does not notice as he is calling on the force and as the frequency of the blaster bolts quickens. The younglings do not distract him, nor does the bead of perspiration rolling down his forehead, threatening to land in his right eye. However, out of the corner of that same eye, Daryn notices the venerable Ki Adi Mundi walk into the training area and head in his direction. 'Perhaps he is bringing news of my assignment!' Daryn thinks to himself.

He is rewarded for his lack of concrentration as a remote scores a hit, slightly burning his left thigh.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forcing himself to return his focus to its proper place, Daryn allows Master Mundi to fade back into the distant periphery of his attention long enough to signal the remotes to stop the drill. As they whisk away to their recharge ports in the wall, Daryn deactivates his lightsabers and hangs them on his belt. Wiping his brow with a six-fingered hand, he bows. "Greetings, Master. What brings you to the arena? I didn't notice you on the schedule to teach a class here today..."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the remotes stop firing and fly back across the room, many disappointed groans can be heard from among the younglings.

Mundi approaches with a smile and says
, "You are always were good with the blade, though the young ones apparently wanted to see more." He nods in the direction of the young jedi and watches them for a moment.

Then, as he turns his attention back to his former padawan, Daryn notices Mundi's smile fade slightly as he says, "I bring news from the council."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn smiles beneath his vocalizer. "I hadn't noticed them; my concentration was on my task. Mostly," he adds, rubbing the spot where the stinger bolt had penetrated his defenses. "I saw you out of the corner of my eye, so I closed diwn the remotes. What news from the Coincil, Master?"
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tall Cerean sighs slighlty and replies, "I bring news of your assignment, but other news as well. Let us move to a more comfortable spot," motioning toward a few chairs along the wall. Mundi, noticing a Covallon enter the area, waves him over as well, arousing Daryn's curiosity.[/b]
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mundi waits for the Covallon to arrive and then smiles and says to Daryn: "Daryn, meet your new padawan learner, Daevon vuv Cerbarrken."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn's already considerably large silvery eyes go even wider at the news. "A Padawan learner? Me?! But I have only just passed my own trials..."
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon sits on his hunches, and scratches the back of his head with his hind leg.

Padawan learner?! I'm getting a Master?!

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon
As you scratch your head in surprise, you notice that the tall Anomid is equally surprised.

Daryn
Mundi replies with a sigh, "I know, Daryn. And don't take my reservations as a lack of trust in your abilities. It's just this blasted war. It is making us cut corners in places we would rather not. The Jedi Order is being taxed well beyond its normal bounds. In an ideal galaxy, you would have time to grow as a knight before taking on a padawan."

Mundi straightens up and continues in a more even tone: "But this is not an ideal galaxy. Training a padawan is a serious and demanding responsibility, and that responsibility is now yours. Do you accept it?"
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon looked at the Anomid knight, tongue lolling out, expectation in his eyes.

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn bows deeply. "Of course, Master. I am honored in your estimation of my capabilities."

He looks down at Daevon. "Greetings, Daevon. As I know next to nothing about your race, I guess I should start with a few questions. Do you speak Basic?"
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making sure there are no Padawans or Younglings nearby,

"Yes."

He doesn't break character though.

Du Cass' Dream
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowing slightly, he says, "It is an honor to meet you. I am Daryn Medallea." Noting Daevon's furtiveness, Daryn asks, "Am I understanding that you wish to keep your ability to speak Basic a secret?"
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon nods his head vigorously, waiting for them to be dismissed or moved to a much more quieter location.

Du Cass' Dream
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: