The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Cantina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> The Cantina Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: The Cantina Reply with quote

Per a suggestion I recenty received, this thread is intended to be an 'in-character, out of game experience.' In other words, while we wait to get going, you can all chat in character here to warm up your characters. Nothing in this forum will be official or in-game, but maybe will help get the characters rolling. Have at it...
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan looks around the empty Cantina, thankful for the lack of people in the place as he walks into the main room. The smell of old smoke, spilled ancohol, and stale sweat assails his nostrils as he works his way towards a table. Taking a seat, he orders a drink from a serving droid before turning his attention to the datapad in his hands. Within moments, everything beyond his datapad's viewscreen is forgotten.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what seems like an awfully long time later, the serving droid finally rolls, rather, lurches toward Bri'tan's table. If Bri'tan were paying attention, he would quickly notice that the droid needs major repairs.

As it starts and stops and grinds it's gears on the way over, the drink is sloshed and tossed around so violently that half of the drink is out of the glass before it even arrives. The droid sets the drink down on the table and says: "Shall I start a tab, good sir?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely oblivious to the droid beside him, he reaches out to pick up the drink. Feeling the liquid on the sutside of the glass, he freezes then sets the drink back down. Gently setting his datapad down a safe distance from the mess, he looks up at the droid, giving it a dissaporving look. "You spilled some." He simply states before grabbing a napkin and wiping the liquid from his fingers.
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bri'tan and the droid continue their exchange, Alpha-ии aka "Nihl" enters the Cantina with subdued silence. A quick scan of the place and he has all the information that he needs to know there is no immediate danger.

Still he does not allow himself to relax, but begrudgingly sits at a table (only because he knows to not do so would draw unwanted attention) with his back to the wall so he can observe his surroundings.

He waves the serving droid off before it can even make it to the table...a beverage is not a luxury he can allow himself until he has taken command of his men for this new mission.

"Where are they? Probably a bunch of softies..." he thinks to himself.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The droid replies, "my apologies sir. I shall return with another one at half price."

The droid tries to back up, but finds that the gears in his twin tracks are sticking a little more than normal. So, he moves forward. He makes an awkward turn, bumping into the table slightly as he does so, and heads toward the new customer. Until, that is, he is waved off by the armored warrior.

For the moment, the Cantina is quiet; the lone exception being the rumbling of the air refresher units, which seem to need as much work as the droid.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An indignified look crosses Bri'tan's face as the serving droid rushes off to serve another customer only to see the new patron wave the droid off. It takes a split second for his headstrap binoculars to focus on the newcomer. His drink is insteantly forgotten behind him as he absently picks up his datapad and slips it into a pocket. Hmmm, whats a Clone Trooper doing here? He thinks to himself. Almost without thought, he finds himself getting to his feet, his considerable bulk making its way towards the Clone Trooper.

Stopping directly in front of the Clone Trooper, he leans in close, waving a hand in front of the dark visor. "Hey! How are the optics in that thing? Which model of the MFTAS* are you using? Does it have a real-time zoom function? Can I look?" Before the trooper can answer, he reaches out and touches the helmet, looking for the release latch.

*Multi-Frequency Targeting Acquisition System.
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Bith as he moves across the room, Nihl (detecting no danger) lets him approach.

Nihl grabs Bri'tan's hand (OOC: opposed roll needed?) just as he attempts to push the release latch and says in a flat monotone:

"Not a good idea egg-head." (a double entendre on both the size of his head and his obvious techie interests).

Nihl is ready but not tense. He wants to give this kid the benefit of the doubt...he always does, until they prove him wrong.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan looks at the white glove holding his hand (OOC: No opposed roll needed. He wouldnt have been able to dodge you even if he wanted to.) "Heeeey!" He whines, "I'm not hurting anything." A dissapointed look crosses his face, "I just wanted to look." He seems to perk up just a touch before he continues, "Can I look at your helmet?" Tapping the headstrap binoculars on his own head with his free hand, "You can check out my goggles while I look at your helmet!"
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purposely avoiding an entirely inappropriate line of comments related to "letting others look at your helmet", Nihl decides to play it cool and
simply gives Bri'tan the brush off:

"Not now kid.... I'm 'on the clock'."

Nihl pauses, then adds with dripping sarcasm:

"Besides, the Grand Army of the Republic prefers I keep my helmet on... you understand... it's a clone thing."

Nihl returns to scanning the room and watching the door for any sign of his troops, ignoring the Bith.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking dissapointed, he leans back in his seat, still eyeing the helmet. "Maybe later then."

Taking the seat across from the Clone Trooper, he pulls his datapad back out. As the serving droid approaches again, he finally notices the state of the droid's repair.

Suddenly seeing a technelogical problem to solve, he turns towards the droid and grabs ahold of the machine, "Stay still!" He tells the droid as he opens an access panel (Technical 5D to diagnose problem & possibly fix it.) The Clone Trooper now forgotten, he starts fiddling with the droids inners.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The droid remarks: "This is highly irregular," and tries to roll away, but at the angle he is being held, all he does is spin his tracks.

Bri'tan manages to pop the back acces panel off and immediately notices what he thinks is the problem. The wires running from the power source to the track motor are all corroded, and perhaps there is not a steady flow of power, causing the stopping and starting. Perhaps a more thorough inspection would reveal other problems as well.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging further into the wiring, he sets to work trying to fix the problem. As the droid squirms in his grip, he absently reaches for the power switch to power the machine down until he is finished. Within seconds, he is wrapped up in his work and completely oblivious to anything other than the droid.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: I know I have not posted my sheet yet...but I just couldn't wait any longer to get on the board...lol))

A tall, robed figure enters the cantina; a hood obscures all facial features save for a matte black metallic half-mask of some kind, which covers the newcomer's mouth and nose. Standing just inside the doorway for a moment to allow his eyes to adjust, the figure pulls the black hood off his head with his six-fingered hands. All watching learn at that point the newcomer is an Anomid; the mask is actually a vocalizer required to synthesize speech, as Anomids are born without vocal cords. Hand-sized, leaflike ears are pressed back against the sides of his head, and his large, silvery eyes take in the cantina for a few moments.

Seeing the kid messing with what he figures to be the serving droid, he walks up to the youth and says in a synthesized voice, "Greetings. Do you work here? Are you having problems with your droid? Perhaps I may be of assistance."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan, flips off the main power switch for the serving droid and goes to work. He is in his element now. Quickly he grabs a roll of insulated tape from his pack and begins tearing strips off with one hand and using them to reinsulate the wires with the other. In a matter of a few minutes, the wires are at least temporarily repaired. Just as he is ready to turn the power switch back on to see if his patch job did the trick, he notices a tall robed figure standing over him, apparently waiting for a reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: