The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Highligh, or Jai alai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Highligh, or Jai alai Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
crmcneill wrote:
I've always felt that throwing ranges should be based on the throwing character's strength. Maybe a base of 10 (as suggested by WEG), plus the character's Strength roll in meters?

I think the range should be more dependent upon the thrower's thrown weapons or grenade skill (respectively). A pro pitcher can throw a ball faster (and therefore farther) than a pro wrestler. Technique has a lot to do with how fast/far the object travels.

I do believe that strength plays a part (caber tossing, for example), just not as significant a part as skill. Unless you want to get really serious and factor in both strength and skill and mass and Cd of the object... I'd say, just allow an increase to the base range according to the number of dice the thrower has in the skill. Bonuses for slings/atlatls would stack, as well.

If you do want strength to play a part, I would recommend using strength as the limiting factor for what you can effectively use as a thrown weapon (even if it is improvised).

Agreed. I could see a chart for thrown weapons that sort of goes

Range S / M / L
Min Str X Y Z
Thrown weapon skill 4-6d add A
6-8d add B
8-10d add C and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: