The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Adept Bounty Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Force Adept Bounty Hunter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting character Drop Bear. Thanks for sharing her stats, background, and update.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Did your gm ever have any imps ask to see your license? Proof that you were an authorized bounty hunter? Did you even join any actual guilds?

Yep! Had that covered though. GM wanted to get rid of as much of our liquid cash as he could (at that time I had been saving up all the credits I came across, had somewhere around 80,000 creds). So I went to an expert slicer and he made some imperial-grade documents that worked out well when pushed for review.

As for joining a guild, I didn't join a guild no. I did however make avid use of the Bounty Hunter license. Smile
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good false documents are a must. Smile
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praxian wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Did your gm ever have any imps ask to see your license? Proof that you were an authorized bounty hunter? Did you even join any actual guilds?

Yep! Had that covered though. GM wanted to get rid of as much of our liquid cash as he could (at that time I had been saving up all the credits I came across, had somewhere around 80,000 creds). So I went to an expert slicer and he made some imperial-grade documents that worked out well when pushed for review.

As for joining a guild, I didn't join a guild no. I did however make avid use of the Bounty Hunter license. Smile

How hard did he make it to find such a good slicer?
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around 7 sessions. I was searching all over the Outer Rim for the guy before I finally found him on *drums beat* Coruscant.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Twod' have sucked spending that amt of time to find him and then BLOW your persuasion roll to get him to work with you..

AS happened in one game i ran.
plantedbypiggies
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had a similar scenario come up just last night. I've been playing a Gotal Bounty Hunter named Akko Yarden. He's a member of the House Paramexor guild. During a lull in bounties, he's been working recently on the side for a collector of ancient Jedi artifacts.

Last night, the GM took us into a crypt last night where there was a strong Dark Side nexus, manifesting as a dense fog. There was also the mummified corpse of a Dark Lord of the Sith that was trying to crawl out of it's coffin and attack the group.

Because of some bad willpower rolls on my part, Akko's natural electromagnetic powers were seriously scrambled. It essentially left him a blind, gibbering fool spraying the room with blaster fire. He was eventually able to get out of the room (using his blaster rifle as a blind man's cane) and provide some cover from a distance. Eventually the mummy and the fog were both contained and the group made tracks.

At the end of play last night, Akko had an accumulated 51 unspent character points. I wasn't hoarding them, really, it's just that I prefer GM guidance when I am improving my characters. Our sessions typically end at around five in the morning, so I usually don't have time to do it immediately. This time, though, I saw an opportunity in the story for the character to make a big jump forward and become force sensitive due to the traumatic experience in the crypt. The catch is, he doesn't know he's force sensitive yet.

So, now I have a force sensitive bounty hunter. My personal goal now is to have him transition over to becoming a Jedi. Fortunately, he's working with Jedi, so he can go to them for training. But now I need to plan out his training path.

Would you mind if I post his stats so I can get some input?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does not know he is Force sensitive, how will you know you can train?
plantedbypiggies
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking there was going to be odd force manifestations that begin around him. He's going to notice something is different, but can't put his finger on it at first since it's going to be outside his standard wheelhouse.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of hard to "Learn the force" if you are not being taught/self taught.. though i could see increasing the cost the book has for a spontaneous manefestation of the force, that the DM can handle, say instead of the standard 1FP, but say 10cp for each power. Using that he can then handle it as if you just purchased that power (witches of Dathomir style), where each power has its own D rating.
plantedbypiggies
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said earlier, there's two Jedi in the group. So as soon as the GM works it into the story, he can start training, if the Jedi are willing.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
If he does not know he is Force sensitive, how will you know you can train?

I would think it not that hard to work into the campaign. After all, there are two other Jedi in the group. It's not impossible that one or both of them would suddenly start sensing something different about PxP's character. Honestly, it would behoove them to watch the Gotal very closely through the next several sessions; when dealing with a long-dead Sith lord, especially one trying to become NOT so dead, one never knows what might manifest. They should be watching the Gotal for signs that something has stayed with him. During such intense scrutiny, it's very likely they would detect the shift in the Force.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what though? Sense force potential?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where the GM is going to have to be creative, if neither of the Jedi have it. Either he's going to have to convince one or both of them to take that power when they raise their Sense, perhaps impressing upon them the need to be on the lookout for others like themselves who are in danger from the Empire, or he's going to have to orchestrate it so they pick something up with their Sense alone. In that case, it'd probably have to be real murky, creating the need for them to do some serious investigation. Perhaps he might stretch it out over the course of a number of sessions, having the Jedi in the party start sensing...SOMETHING, but they can't put their fingers on it. Maybe they begin to notice, with high enough Perception or Sense rolls, that something is different about the newly-sensitive character. They'll have to either roll high enough with Per or Sense, or they'll have to make perhaps a series of decent Investigation rolls to put two and two together. Maybe they might even suspect this character of being still somehow under the sway of the dead Sith lord, and after observing and actively scanning him from time to time with Sense, they might be able to earn enough clues to put two and two together.

That, or they'll have to eventually run into a trained Force-user somewhere who outs the character...either a Jedi NPC who has Sense Force Potential, or an Inquisitor or something who picks up on it as he accosts the party, having originally been after only the two Jedi. Imagine his surprise when he finds another Force-sensitive with them; he might monologue about it as he battles the Jedi, for instance. There are a number of ways this could come to light, but the GM will have to be on his toes.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
With what though? Sense force potential?

Life detection could also be helpful in detecting another Jedi in the group. Obviously if you see someone you know their alive. But beating their control or Perception roll by 10 points means the user also knows that someone within ten meters of them is Force-sensitive or not, if they've met them before or not, and if they've met what their identity is. It's not supposed to allow pin pointing of where someone is, though I may allow a cone of location because the power does say within ten meters of the user (I view that as a ten meter radius), so the user would have to look around to see who might be Force-sensitive. If they recogonize them and get the sense their Force-sensitive that's just as good as sense Force potential. But it also gives a GM a bit of a mystery for the PC to deal with.

Quote:
Bly opens himself to the Force, sensing three sentients within ten meters of himself. One of the three is Force-sensitive. Looking around Bly sees three of his teammates are the only ones within ten meters of himself, but he can't be certain which one is Force-sensitive.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: