The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Adept Bounty Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Force Adept Bounty Hunter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Force Adept Bounty Hunter Reply with quote

Yes it can be done, you just have to be very careful the Acquisitions you go after and the methods you use, eg. I just re-made an old favourite character a Twi'lek Force Adept Bounty Hunter. How do Man-Hunters make their Coin and keep to the Light Side? well it's all in Target Selection, you go after Murders, Kidnappers, those who deal in Petty Violence, the exploitation and derogation of other Sifonts. in other words Real Criminals, not the Political Criminals the Empire has the most interest in. sure this means going after low value bounties (in the Imperial Era) and get buy on other work that tends to pop up for the itinerant freebooter.

So far this time I've brought down Land War Provokers (guy killed a bunch of natives to try and start a land war to get rid of the ranchers so a mining company could move in), a Saboteur responsible for negligent homicide, a Kidnapper. in other jobs I've "Unknowingly" run guns for the Rebellion, again unknowingly ferried Rebel Pilots to retrieve abandoned X-Wings.

anyway hear are her starting stats

Reki Nui
Template: Twi'lek Force Adept Bounty Hunter

Dex: 3D - Blaster 4D, Dodge 4D, Melee Combat 4D
Kno: 3D - Law Enforcement 3D+1, Streetwise 3D+2
Mech: 2D+1 - Space Transports 2D+2, Astrogation 3D
Per: 3D+2 - Hide 4D, Sneak 4D, Search 4D
Str: 2D
Tech: 2D

Control: 1D
Scene: 2D

Force Powers: Emptiness, Hibernation Trance,Concentration, Life Detection, Scene Life, Receptive Telepathy, Projective Telepathy, Scene Path, Farseeing.

Equipment: Blaster (4D), Force Pike (Str+2D) Camo Armour W/Enhanced Motion Sensor, Macro-Visor with MFTAS, IR & UV, Breath Mask, Binders.

Background to follow.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd improve Investigation or some similar skill soon. Not bad looking for a starting character, though I've never run a force-sensitive so my eye is untrained there.

Complete Starship Construction System
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone that's run his fair share of Force users over the years I've learnt to pick a gimmick to start with (Healer, Sensitive, Lightsaber Warrior ect) as a starting point, also Emptiness, Hibernation Trance & Concentration is the must have starting combo for Control (unless your going Healer then Accelerate Healing, Control Pain and Concentration).

ATM I've started spending CP on Control (up to 2D now), Brawling (will hit 3D at the end of the Adventure I'm in the middle of), Space Transports. Reki is a novice and I'm rushing to fill holes in her skill set. Need Gunnery, Tech Skills as well as to really work on her existing Ship skills, that's just a start, twice I've had to use CP on Astrogation rolls, even though I've got an Astromech Droid now I want to plot my own Hyper-Jumps.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a player who has come up with this idea from time to time. Problem is that I think hes looking at combining the typical Bounty Hunter archtype with the abilities of a Jedi.....I think it will quickly derail.. (his current Jedi has 3 DSPs without being a Bounty Hunter..) Laughing
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi and BH as a "+5 Ultimate Bad-@$$ Combo" just don't work especially if they are running it as a Combat Focus or using Force abilities as an other gun. A Jedi who pays the bills buy hunting Villains for the New Republic dose. Non Jedi Force Adept who is mostly using Sensitive (Telepathy and Clairscence) abilities as a investigation tool dose, just make sure you are always bugging the GM using "Scene Path" even if you don't think your drifting in to the Grey Areas.

Both my Dark-side points came from the use of an Entrapment Talisman that I dropped in to the nearest star once it gave me a DSP when using it to preform Emptiness
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Fallon Kell, you really need to invest a few points in Investigate. Otherwise, the character looks great.

I had a force sensitive bounty hunter come after my players characters one time. It was easily one of the most memorable villans my players have ever encountered. With that said, I'll never do it again because I dont ever want to take away from the uniqueness of that particular character. If one of my players ever decide they want to play that kind of character, . . . . well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oho! Investigate is on the to buy list, ATM I'm getting buy with above average Perception, Telepathy and Farseeing.

I'm in the Movie era and on the run from Jabba's Syndicate.

My character was originally indentured to a rival mob boss as Entertainment, the night she finally got clear opened a security hole that allowed Jabba's hit squad to rock in and Ice the Boss and his inner circle. Jabba sees my character as Property and has a recovery bounty on my characters head. when she ran away from her "owner" she laid low in a Convent for a bit to hid from him not knowing Jabba had taken over. one of the Ascetic was a retired BH who passed down her kit to my character and that's where she picked up her Force abilities from other Ascetics who where Force Adepts in hiding from the Empire.

a wile back she had the Cash to buy her way out from under Jabba's claim on her but she didn't know their was one still on her so she spent most of it on a bunch of stuff (like her Droid and assorted "Toys"). She just needs to make 10K to pay Jabba off, ATM she has 4K (& Change) and a 5K pay day coming, unfortunately she has 1 or 2 K in expenses about due and about 5K worth of repairs needing to get done on her ship.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be very rewarding playing that kind of character. One of my characters that I played (in a short-lived campaign) was a Force Sensitive Hunter. I used my Force Abilities to bring in Darksiders who wouldn't repent to the light, murderers, scum, thieves, and even the occasional undercover Imperial guy trying to infiltrate the Rebellion. But I did use my ability to go for "Contracts" to also recruit for the Rebellion.

Overall, it is a very fun character to play and very rewarding. Smile
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting character. I have ran many force sensitive hunters, never a force using one.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Interesting character. I have ran many force sensitive hunters, never a force using one.

It's a lot of fun. My character turned bounty hunter completely by accident. Honestly I had to find a way to chase down and "rescue" the spacer that was carrying me around the galaxy in his ship, so the easiest way for me to do it (and keep him alive as I figured it) was to become a "Bounty Hunter". No one seems to question Hunters in the Empire rebellion. They see you're capable of doing a lot of damage and they back off.

Flash the guys wanted poster as your putting him in cuffs and everyone gives you the right of way. Smile

Afterwards, we thought "Hey, that worked out pretty well... we should keep doing this!" and made him a Bounty Hunter with his new identity. lol.

He became the transport ship capt. and I moved into flying a fighter ship. Worked out REALLY well. Smile

Accidental Bounty Hunters, but best cover ID that I could've ever come up with that never got questioned.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your gm ever have any imps ask to see your license? Proof that you were an authorized bounty hunter? Did you even join any actual guilds?
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the first PCs in our campaign were a bounty hunter and a failed Jedi. They started out with the failed Jedi as the bounty hunter's target, (based on some fradulent charges), but after a while the two began working together. Wink They worked together for a while rounding up a group of four very bad criminals who had been responsible for bombing a passenger liner. That worked pretty well as the beginning campaign thread which occurred a few years before the Battle of Yavin.
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After half a dozen or so short and medium adventures Reki Nui now looks like this.

Reki Nui
Template: Twi'lek Force Adept Bounty Hunter

Dex: 3D - Blaster 4D+1, Dodge 4D+1, Melee Combat 4D, Melee Parry 3D+1, Brawling Parry 3D+1
Kno: 3D - Law Enforcement 3D+1, Streetwise 4D
Mech: 2D+1 - Space Transports 3D+2, Astrogation 3D+1, Gunnery 3D+1
Per: 3D+2 - Hide 4D, Sneak 4D, Search 4D, Investigate 4D
Str: 2D - Brawling 2D+1
Tech: 2D

Control: 2D+1
Scene: 2D+1

Force Points: 2
Character Points: 0 (yep I've spent them all)
Dark Side Points: 1 (down from 3, only one I got from not being a good being).

I won't go in to new gear as she's bean taking a lot off of the Bounty Hunters Jabba has bean sending after her, what she can't sneak back to her ship she leaves out for the cops or dumps in the industrial bins. this one hunter has come after her three times and he's finally sick of her stunning him and tieing him up and leaving him to spend a few nights in the local jail.

next on my list, more Combat, Ship and Sneaking skills. Need to start saving for some Strength upgrades, I'd be Toast or one of Jabbas toys now if not for Control Pain, I figure resisting the damage in the first place is a better option, also Melee is supposed to be my characters Combat Stick and Str2D+2D Forcepike doesn't work so well against guys with Str3D+1D Armour let alone Str4D+2D Armour Bounty Hunters. also non-combat I'm all about the Perception so I want to take that to 4D in the near future and later higher.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop Bear wrote:

Melee is supposed to be my characters Combat Stick and Str2D+2D Forcepike doesn't work so well against guys with Str3D+1D Armour let alone Str4D+2D Armour Bounty Hunters.

You could use a heavy blaster pistol until you're stronger. Maybe also pick up some stun/flash/glop grenades? Noisy, messy, clumsy, random, effective.

Complete Starship Construction System
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oho from stunning and robbing other Bounty Hunters (after they attack me first) I've picked up some Stun Grenades also some Riot Gas, I'm being careful with them since my ship now has 15K worth of damage and I need every Cred I can get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: