The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Generic Imperials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Generic Imperials Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Guess i didn't see the post where you put the link up initially.. Embarassed

No problem! Things were happening fast enough on this thread that it really didnt take long for things to get burried. Thats part of the reason that I added a link in my sig that takes people right to my work.
khan81
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Guardian_A

In the Scout Troopers variants, i think you missed out the sniper variant. In TFU all the scout trooper are snipers, so i made some stats for that, i not good at making stats, so its not good, but any help on it is good.

Scout Trooper Sniper
Species: Human
Sex: Male
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D, grenade 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
Repulsorlift operation:speeder bike 4D+2
PERCEPTION 2D
Hide 5D+2, search 5D+2, sneak 5D+2
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 3D, stamina 4D+1
TECHNICAL 2D
Repulsorlift repair 3D+1, security 5D+1
Equipment:Hold-Out Blaster (3D+2), Scout Armor (+2 physical and energy), E-11s Sniper Rifle, R-1 recon droid, Autoturret
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khan81 wrote:
Yo Guardian_A

In the Scout Troopers variants, i think you missed out the sniper variant. In TFU all the scout trooper are snipers, so i made some stats for that, i not good at making stats, so its not good, but any help on it is good.

Scout Trooper Sniper
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D, grenade 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
PERCEPTION 2D
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 2D
Equipment:Hold-Out Blaster (3D+2), Scout Armor (+2 physical and energy), E-11s Sniper Rifle, R-1 recon droid, Autoturret

Looks like pretty decent stats, I'd give it Blaster: Sniper Rifle 5D+2 to enphasize the Sniper angle, but otherwise, I really like it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also add in a Bi-pod. When used, adds 1d+1 to blaster shots of medium or long range.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal, great idea. The stand makes a perfect addition to round out this character.

khan81, dont cut yourself short, you put together some great stats. Other than the Blaster specialty and the extra gear garhkal suggested, I really cant think of any other way to improve on it. When I put all the Imperial NPCs into a single file, would you mind if I add the sniper stats you made to the collection? I'd love to see more of your work!

Scout Trooper Sniper
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 4D, Blaster: Sniper Rifle 5D+2, brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D, grenade 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
PERCEPTION 2D
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 2D
Equipment:Hold-Out Blaster (3D+2), Scout Armor (+2 physical and energy), E-11s Sniper Rifle, Bi-Pod (Adds 1D+1 to blaster at medium or long range), R-1 recon droid, Autoturret
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered adding the Goroth Planetary Police Force to your Law Enforcement section? They're in Goroth Slave of the Empire planet book.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Have you considered adding the Goroth Planetary Police Force to your Law Enforcement section? They're in Goroth Slave of the Empire planet book.

That hadn't crossed my mind, I'll have to dig that book out and take a look.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 87 - Goroth: Slave of the Empire wrote:

Typical Goroth Planetary Police Trooper
Type: Goroth Planetary Police Trooper
Dexterity 2D
Blaster 2D+1, Blaster: Blaster Rifle 3D+2, Blaster Artillery 3D, Brawling Parry 2D+2, Dodge 3D+1, Grenade 3D, Vehicle Blasters 3D
Knowledge 2D
Survival 3D, Survival: hyperbaride-contaminated environment 4D+2
Mechanical 2D
Hover Vehicle Operation 3D, Repulsorlift Operation 3D
Perception 2D
Strength 2D
Brawling 3D, Stamina 3D
Technical 2D
Move: 10
Equipment: Goroth Planetary Police Armor (+1D+1 energy, +2D physical, -1D Dexterity and all related skills; see below for specifics), Blaster Rifle (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), 2 grenades (4D)

Same Page wrote:

Goroth Planetary Police Armor
Model: Goroth Planetary Police Armor
Type: Specialized Personal Defense Armor
Cost: Not available for sale
Availability: 3,X
Game Notes:
Basic Suit: +2D Physical, +1D+1 energy to strength to resist damage. -1D to all Dexterity attribute and skill checks.
Comlink: Helmet contains tongue-toggled comlink for instant communication with other units.
Targetting System: Contains a Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System {MFTAS} which gives +2D to all perception checks in darkness, smoke, and other visibility obscuring conditions. Also gives +2D to ranged weapon skill uses (such as blaster) when the user aims for more than one round (in addition to the normal bonus for "preparing," as described on page 65 of Second Edition)
Emergency Survival Kit: Incorporated into backpack, including two additional dylinium hydride power packs.
Dedicated Emergency Locator: 150 kilometer range.

The original print actually says +1D+1D energy bonus which I assume is a typo. So it was changed to +1D+1 instead.

I just thought their armor looked pretty cool.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the Goroth Police trooper to my Law Enforcement to-do list.

It looks like I'm finally going to have a little time to invest in NPC's today! Hopefully I can put a dent in the Rebel & New Republic army stats today, . . . .
khan81
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!

sure Guardian_A, you can add the sniper stats to the collection!!!
In fact, i all ways wondered why WEG never gave the Empire any snipers at all, up until the Battlefront and TFU games, i am glad someone at LucusArt finally made them some sort of sniper.

As for any other stat i made, i got this:
Stormtrooper Heavy Weapons
Species:Human
Sex:Male
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 5D, Blaster:Blaster Rifle 4D, Blaster Artillery 5D+2, Blaster:Repeating Blaster 5D, Brawling Parry 4D, Dodge 5D, Grenade 6D, Missile Weapons:Grenade Launcher 5D, Missile Weapons 5D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Survival 5D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Repulsorlift operation 4D+2
PERCEPTION 2D
Search 4D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 4D, Stamina 4D
TECHNICAL 2D
Move:10
Equipment:BlasTech E-11 Blaster rifle (5D) with Zone Control Viper 1 Grenade Launcher (5D/4D/3D/2D) or choice of heavier weaponry. E-Web Repeating Blaster, Imperial Repeater Rifle (5D+1), Golan Arms FC-1 Flechette Launcher 6D/5D/3D(anti-personel), 5D/4D/3D(anti-vehicle), Rail Detonator Launcher (7D), PLX-2M Missile Launcher (6D), PTL Missile Launcher (9D), BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy blaster rifle (6D)

I read alot of Star Wars novels and games, the are mentions of Stormtroopers using heavy weapons , like in Empire Strikes Back we see the Snowtroopers setting up an E-Web, in Soldier for the Empire there was mention for heavy weapons Stormtrooper and one of the Rouge Squadron Novels some Stormtrooper was using PLX-2M Missile Launcher.

So what do you think??
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
garhkal, great idea. The stand makes a perfect addition to round out this character.

Your welcome..

Quote:
Blaster 2D+1, Blaster: Blaster Rifle 3D+2, Blaster Artillery 3D, Brawling Parry 2D+2, Dodge 3D+1, Grenade 3D, Vehicle Blasters 3D

Unless this is already including the dex penalty, i can't see these guys even making moderate rolls (medium range shots) with any ease. And forget long range shots. Heck mook pirates (2d dex, 3d blaster) are better..
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those stats normally don't include the Dex penalties from armor.

However, for my own stats I have the (it should be said commonly used) rule that Stormtroopers are so used to wearing and training in their armor that they suffer no Dex penalties for it's use...

With that rule in place, it makes the average Stormtrooper more of a threat...

T.C.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Quote:

Unless this is already including the dex penalty, i can't see these guys even making moderate rolls (medium range shots) with any ease. And forget long range shots. Heck mook pirates (2d dex, 3d blaster) are better..

In this case, the Goroth Police Trooper stats are right from an official WEG book. I agree that they are bordering on pathetic (at the very least, Blaster should be 3D), but they are official.

kahn81,

With your Heavy Weapons specialty, either the regular stat should be a touch lower, or the specialty should be a touch higher. After all, if the trooper has specialized training with a specific weapon, they should be more proficient with it than other weapons in that category.

I see that you took the time to list a LOT of heavy weapons with the stat block. While there is nothing wrong with this, its a lot easier to write "One heavy weapon, veries by mission."

I really dont see anything else worth nit-picking with the stats. Another nice piece of work!

The only reason I didnt do a Heavy Weapons Stormtrooper is becuase the EVO and Hazard Stromtroopers already fill that role.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In this case, the Goroth Police Trooper stats are right from an official WEG book. I agree that they are bordering on pathetic (at the very least, Blaster should be 3D), but they are official.

That makes me wonder how they keep the peace??
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the same as a modern day cop?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: