The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Valkyrie Wing V-I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Valkyrie Wing V-I Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Valkyrie Wing V-I Reply with quote

The following are a collection of PC's and NPC's from an Imperials campaign I'm involved with. Back story is the Estan Sector is a sleepy little backwater that has a small trade surplus and little to no Rebel activity, as such all the best males in the Sector fleet and Garrisons are shipped off to the Imperial Fleets, leaving the Sector Fleet to be staffed by Discipline Cases, Below Average types and Women. the PC's are assigned to the Valkyrie Fleet, Valkyrie Group, Wing Squadron-V, Flight-I and flying off the Light Patrol Frigate Elrana, the Elrana has a flight of four TIE (not TIE/in's) Fighters assigned to it and a squad of Sector Fleet Troops

Character: Tatiana Wisla, Flight Leader
Template: Imperial Fighter Officer

Dex: 3D - Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1
Kno: 3D - Bureaucracy 3D+1, Tactics 3D+1
Mech: 4D - Astrogation 4D+1, Starfighter Pilot 5D+1, Space Transports 4D+1, Space Ship Gunnery 5D, Communications 4D+1, Senors 4D+1, Sheilds 4D+1
Per: 3D - Command 4D
Str: 2D
Tech: 3D - Starfighter Repair 3D+1, Starship Weapons Repair 3D+1

Equipment: TIE Fighter, Flight Suit (+1D Physical, Energy +1), Flight Helmet (+1D Physical, Energy +1D), Com-link, Blaster Pistol (4D), Knife (+1D), Uniforms, 1000cr

Background: Born to a prominent family with declining fortunes, Tatiana joined the Sector Fleet to make her way in the universe, at the Academy she excelled finishing her core course work as part of an an accelerated program then went on to Officer School where she proved almost equally adept. Out of the Academy she was given the rank of Pilot Officer and made an element leader but was quickly promoted to Flight Leader after a short stint on the Wing Staff she was promoted again to Squadron Leader and assigned to the Elrana. As the ranking Pilot in her Squadron (Valkyrie V) and assigned to the lead ship in her detachment she would command Valkyrie V should it ever deploy as a full Squadron.

Description: A slender girl in her late teens with short pale blond hair, soft grey eyes and very fair skin she could be described as pretty if she didn't always have a expression of grim determination about her and carry herself with an almost constant "Command Presence".

Last edited by Drop Bear on Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I like her. Minor quibble, I note that she has beginning player stats (18D+7D skills) which seems fine for a flight or element leader. I'd expect that a squadron leader might be better than a starting character.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. I assume you're going for not over-powered, but I'd give her an extra D or two above the other pilots (for Command, if nothing else).

Well done. Careful, she might get swiped.... Very Happy
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well her Squadron command is only a technicality, the only the Squadrons that fly as full squadrons are the ones that off of the Fleets Frigates and Corvettes two off the Seki Class Valkyrie (a true frigate) and one each off the two Snekkja class Corvetts in the Squadron the Elrana is only a Karvi class Light Patrol Frigate (their are five other Karvi class ships in the Squadron) that only has barns for 4 TIE fighters, making her in truth a Flight Leader with Seniority.

the other half of the Valkyrie fleet is set up the same way and lead out by the Aurora, Valkyrie Squadron has seniority over Aurora Squadron. Each Squadron of ships as a Wing of Fighters attached to it that are named for their Squadrons lead ships. the Valkyrie is the Flag ship for the Valkyrie Fleet.
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next some of the Tech crew

Esan Melik, Tech Sargent
Template: TIE Fighter Crew Cheif

Dex: 2D+1 - Blaster 2D+2, Dodge 2D+2
Kno: 3D - Bureaucracy 3D+1 , Streetwise 3D+2, Value 3D+1
Mech: 2D+1 - Space Transports 2D+2, Repulsorlift Opps 3D
Per: 3D - Command 3d+2, Forgery 3D+1
Str: 3D+1 - Brawling 4D+1
Tech: 4D - Starfighter Repair 5D, Starship Weapons Repair 5D

Equipment: Starfighter Tool Kit, R-10 Astromech Droid, (Contraband) modified sporting blaster, assorted contraband worth 1500cr, IOU's worth 500cr and 1000cr in cash.

Background: until a few years ago Esan had a steady well paying job at the Estan Minor skunk works working fighter Assembly and upgrades, until the Empire upgraded the Sector Fleets fighters from the older T.I.E. to a more modern TIE model and the Estan Minor after market parts factory for T.I.E. fighters closed, this caused a downturn in the local economy and the ships using Estan Minor as a port of call dropped off causing many spacecraft Maintenance companies like the ones he could have worked for to close down. even before his final pay packet cleared Easn was on the first transport to the sector capital to look for a new job only to find the economic downturn was sector wide. The only job offering pay anywhere worth Esans talent and training was worth was the sector fleet, so he enlisted. as a experienced Tech and shop foreman Esan quickly made Tech Sergent and was almost poached for the Imperial Main Fleets, but Esan intentionally failed the the physical as he didn't want to risk getting himself killed by Rebels or bean mustered out far from home and have to spend all his savings to get back to Estan sector when his tearm of service was up.

Description: Esan is in his mid 20's, tall and lean with dark hair and eyes and has largely unassuming features, he caries himself with confidante and a slightly crafty glint in his eyes.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop Bear wrote:
Esan Melik, Tech Sargent
Awww, now the tech is a person and my Rebels will feel really guilty when they blow him up with his ship. Wink

Nice job. Smile If he was an NPC, given the "contraband" and the operating on the black/gray market feel I get from him, I would add +1D Con to his skills. If a player, I might switch Command to Con.
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't bean around too many Grunts and Swabies have you? if you wait just long enough you don't need Con, they will offer you their first born of their own accord. Contraband can be all kinds of stuff from Booze & Skin Mags, to Civie Food to stuff they need to do their job but the Army or Navy has decided in it's infinite wisdom not to put on their TO&E like "D" Batteries.

most of this you can pick up on Civi Street for a fraction (except the D Batteries that can only be found in gas stations for some strange reason) of what you paid for it and can go foe 10 or 20 times (or sometimes more) your original outlay.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop Bear wrote:
Haven't bean around too many Grunts and Swabies have you?
Not too many. Just one of many life experience I've yet to experience. Wink
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oho the Stories I've bean told by Diggers, Squaddies, Grunts, Soldats and Sailors over the years You'd be amassed that they can win wars against the worlds assorted "Bad Guys" until you that they are worse off than our boys and girls.

Civie Food is a good money spinner a couple of cans of caned Stew, Chile or like products perhaps a few more of caned fruit and pudding (you know the stuff up the back of your cupboard for emergencies) after a few weeks or months living on MRE's and the occasional visit to the Chow Line this stuff is worth it's weight in Gold
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next character, visual reference Charlotte Yeager from Strike Witches (only with pants)

Yeager Charl, Pilot Officer
Template: Speed Junky pilot

Dex: 3D - Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1
Kno: 3D
Mech: 4D - Starfighter Pilot 5D, Gunnery 5D, Shields 4D+1, Repulsorlift Opps 5D
Per: 2D
Str: 2D
Tech: 4D - Starfighter Repair 5D, Starship Weapons Repair 5D, Repulsorlift Repair 5D

Equipment: TIE Fighter, Flight Suit (+1D Physical, Energy +1), Flight Helmet (+1D Physical, Energy +1D), Com-link, Blaster Pistol (4D), Knife (+1D), Uniforms, Starfighter Tool Kit, 1000cr.

Background: as a young girl Yeager always wanted to go fast, but Fast was never fast enough, Speeder Bikes, Swoops and later Airspeeders where never fast enough even once Yeager had squesed every last piece of performance out of them. when Yeager was old enough she joined the Sector Navy in the hopes of flying Starfighters, but lacking a formal education she was passed over for flight training and instead sent to Tech school. when the Imperial Fleet poached she got her shot at flight training where she excelled and graduated as a Warrant Officer assigned to a ground support squadron where she ended up flying TIE/gt's, not happy with the low flight speed she began tinkering with her flights craft ramping up the speed and maneuverability by 50%. Eventually found out and facing charges for unauthorized modification of Imperial equipment only to be saved at the last minute by the Commodore of the Valkyrie Cluster Fleets fighter wing in exchange fore a future favor that Yeager has bean assured will enjoy doing. Yeager currently serves as Valkyrie V-I's Flight-Tech Laision a role that has seen her promoted to Pilot Officer and put in charge of V-I's 2nd element
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character: Darius Logan, Pilot Officer
Template: TIE Pilot/Adept

Dex: 3D - Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1, Brawling Parry 3D+1
Kno: 2D+2: Survival 3D, Willpower 3D, Scholar:COMPNOR Ideology 3D, Law Enforcement 3D
Mech: 4D - Starfighter Pilot 5D, Space Ship Gunnery 5D, Communications 4D+1, Senors 4D+1, Shields 4D+1
Per: 2D+2
Str: 2D: Brawling 3D, Stamina 2D+1
Tech: 2D+2 - Starfighter Repair 3D, Starship Weapons Repair 3D, 1st Aid 3D

Sense: 1D
Force Abilities:Sense Life, Sense Danger, Combat Sense

Force Points: 2
Dark-side Points: 2

Equipment: Flight Suit (+1D Physical, Energy +1), Flight Helmet (+1D Physical, Energy +1D), Com-link, Blaster Pistol (4D), Knife (+1D), Uniforms, 1000cr, Sense Talisman (+1D Sense).

Darius dose not originally come from the Estan Sector, but from the neighboring Calan Sector, raised by Force Adept parents through much of his childhood, but would find himself orphaned twice by the age of 12 first from his parents then from his extended family, both times because of the direct actions of the Calan sector Crime Syndicates, he found himself remanded to the SAGroup, but the abuse he suffered there along with his distaste for the COMPNOR ideology prompted him to runaway from his barracks and jump a transport to the more quite Estan sector at age 15 where he worked at various odd jobs to support himself until the Estan Syndicates begun to threaten his new life by their upswing in activity, and he tried to sign up for the Sector Police but was instead recruited in to the Fleet where he was trained as a Fighter Pilot, since graduating Flight School he has racked up a impressive total of Victories against Smugglers, Pirates, Slavers and Raiders, but he is too intense a hunter and often levees himself open to opponents that are not his intended Prey and as such has lost one too many Fighters, he is currently on restricted flight status.

Description: of slim build with Olive skin Fair (almost Blond) hair and lavender eyes Darius stands out even in a sector ethnically diverse as the Estan Sector. Normally happy and helpful he takes on an air of grim determination when hunting or confronted by those who profit and/or take pleasure in the degradation and victimization of others.

Last edited by DB 2.0 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Kal Edard
Template: Imperial Bureaucrat/Reformer

Dex 3D: Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1
Kno 4D: Bureaucracy 5D, Business 5D, Cultures 4D+1, Languages 4D+1, Planetary Systems 4D+1, Law Enforcement 4D+1, Willpower 5D
Mech 2D:
Per 4D: Bargain 4D+2, Command 4D+1, Persuasion 5D
Str 2D:
Tech 3D:

Equipment: Data Pad, Comlink, Holdout Blaster, PA-300 Executive Droid, 10,000cr

Background: House Edard had bean long minor nobles and functionaries of the Old Republic and was much pained by the steady decline in power of the Republic and Good Order under its stewardship of the Known Worlds, then the "New Order" was established and House Edard was able to return peace and good order to their little corner of space and slightly distant relations (the Meriks) rose to even higher provenance in the Empire.

Kal is the 2nd Cousin of Moff Tarad Merik, and himself rising quickly in the Estan Sector Bureaucracy as an "Agent at Large" working mostly with the Military, Public Seafty and Justus Miniseries. Kal has no loyalty to the Empire or the New Order specifically he sees it as the best tool to carry on his families tradition of Stewardship of the Estan Sector. In truth he is concerned about the reports of the excesses that his counterparts are indulging in in other sectors and other empire wide policies coming down from the capital, he hopes the Moderate Politics he practices and the Progressive Agenda he peruses can spreed and help bring a better tomorrow to known space.

Description: Kal is athletic in build, tall with fair skin, dark hair and blue eyes, a naturally handsome man, his features and dignified baring inspires confidence in those around him and attracts many female admirers.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Matsu "Bomber" Layana
Template: TIE Bombardier

Dex 3D: Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1, Grenade 3D+1
Kno 3D: Survival 3D+1
Mech 4D: Pilot Starfighter 5D, Starship Gunnery 5D, Shields 4D+1, Sensors 4D+1, Communications 4D+1
Per 2D:
Str 2D: Brawling 2D+1, Stamina 2D+1
Tech 4D: Demolitions 5D, Starfighter Repair 4D+1, Starship Weapons Repair 4D+1, 1st Aid 4D+1

Equipment: TIE Fighter, Flight Suit (+1D Physical, Energy +1), Flight Helmet (+1D Physical, Energy +1D), Com-link, Blaster Pistol (4D), Knife (+1D), Uniforms, 1000cr

Background: the daughter of a pair of Clone Wars Veterans, her father was a Infantry/E.O.D. Sergeant and her Mother a Tac-Air Pilot, there was little doubt that Matsu's life would involve blowing stuff up as her early childhood was as an Army Brat, but after her parents left the service as the Republic transitioned in to the Empire and her father went to work in the Demolitions and Civil Engineering. the Layana's where not openly critical of the New Order they did shear their concerns with their daughter who they discouraged away from a Military Career, but as Matsu neared Enlistment age she saw the Empire Draft more and more young men from the Sector Fleet and Militia in to the Imperial Navy and Army leaving the Sector vulnerable to the Crime Syndicates and others running away to other Sectors to try and find the Rebellion so they could join the Rebels. Matsu joined the Sector Fleet in the hopes of bringing the looming Lawlessness back under control. That and she wanted someone else to pay for her Flight School and get a job where she could Blow Stuff Up legally.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm done with the Protagonists now for the Antagonists. I'll start with

"The Redacted Man" A.K.A. "the Dark One" and "the ARC Fighter"

first time we went up against us he was in an old ARC-170 and he disabled or distorted 4 TIE's (2 TIE's and two upgraded /gt's), disabling the`Elrana, killing an NPC fighter Pilot and 4 NPC Officers & Crew, next encounter with him (later that session) he was in black RAM painted old ARC Trooper Armor with a ECM cape looting a Archeological Dig, that time he almost killed 2 PC's with Blaster Fire and cut down 6 Marines with his Lightsaber. the Empire shut down the Dig and turned it over to some Intel mob we've never heard of (we call them the USA). some adventures later we ran in to him again this time in Republic Commando Armor burning down a Civi Hospital. He's shown up a few more times, normally tiring to rob Museums, Dig Sights and places that turn out to be USA (Unnamed Security Agency) Covert Storage facilities or Labs. He has used at least three Lightsabers (including a double bladed jobbie) and since changed his Armor over to Modified Storm Commando suit and somewhere found himself a TIE-X1. he is some kind of Dark Jedi as not only dose he use Lightsabers but has a number of times used Darkside Force Powers.

Sorry no stats but his Blaster is in the 6-8D range and his Lightsaber also 6-8D with 4-6D in a number of advanced Lightsaber skills, his Hide & Sneak are way better than our Perception and he has a bucket of other Commando skills, but we are better pilots & Techs than him. Also Darius has bean given the whole Come to the Darkside speech.

Edit: we call him "The Redacted Man" because his Imperial Warrant out on him is almost completely Redacted, heck we know more about his Crimes than is listed in the non Redacted parts of his Warrant. He appears to be after Force related Artifacts, especially Sith & Dark Jedi.
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a new guy with over 15 years of rust on my d6 SW games, I can't add anything to the characters story arc etc.

However, with my military background ...

Quote:

Haven't bean around too many Grunts and Swabies have you? if you wait just long enough you don't need Con, they will offer you their first born of their own accord. Contraband can be all kinds of stuff from Booze & Skin Mags, to Civie Food to stuff they need to do their job but the Army or Navy has decided in it's infinite wisdom not to put on their TO&E like "D" Batteries.

most of this you can pick up on Civi Street for a fraction (except the D Batteries that can only be found in gas stations for some strange reason) of what you paid for it and can go foe 10 or 20 times (or sometimes more) your original outlay.

Quote:

Civie Food is a good money spinner a couple of cans of caned Stew, Chile or like products perhaps a few more of caned fruit and pudding (you know the stuff up the back of your cupboard for emergencies) after a few weeks or months living on MRE's and the occasional visit to the Chow Line this stuff is worth it's weight in Gold

Rgr on that. After months on a deployment, out in a FOB or safe house, ANYTHING is worth it's weight in gold. It was actually team SOP that everyone buy a carton of cigs, a log of dip, and cigars to take out with us. That way, we all had trading fodder for what ever we needed. Plus anyone on the team wouldn't run out and get grumpy half way through a mission - learned that lesson the hard way when a team lead ran out of dip with 2 weeks left out in a safe house ... Not fun.

Forgive all spelling errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: