The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandalorian battlearmour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mandalorian battlearmour
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Mandalorian battlearmour Reply with quote

I was after a run down from all the various sources of any variations of Mandalorian armour stats there are, since I'm putting together a Mandalorian sidequest.
So far I've been finding a great bunch of MandalMotors "Hutt" starfighters which are suitable for a fleet presence.
I'm chasing down typical personal equipment, armour types and ratings, and any info on their cruisers.

what I had in mind were,
Mandalorian scout armour, like Boba Fett covers head, torso, arms with good protection, jetpack, no Dex penalty.
Mandalorian battle armour, like Jango Fett covers all locations with good protection, jetpack, -1D Dex penalty.

I added powersuits for space boarding parties, modified to negate Dex penalty but expensive.

I figured the standard helmet has macrotargeters and sensor suite for range reduction and +2D to +3D Per/Search.

I figured Mandalorians seemed to have workmanlike equipment but used advanced miniaturisation technologies, hence the personalised battle suits.
Mandalorians not part of a group (such as a Mercinary Company) would also tend to highly customise their personal transportation to suit their needs.

I also decided to bring over personal shield systems from the Kotor universe, which are +1D energy/physical fields or stealth fields for +1D to +3D in Hide/Stealth rolls (is chamaeleon like in nature). I might add others if I think of any, I'm giving the Mandalorians ownership of this tech for their miniaturisation theme which goes into how much firepower and protection they manage to pack onto an individual warrior.

Blaster weapons I've just upped the damage to exceptional quality versions, 4D+2 blaster pistols, 5D+2 blaster rifles, etc. Added wrist launchers as common equipment, speeder scale concussion rockets backback mounted too, used anti-air or anti-tank.

Okay so hit me with it. How much info is there on Mandalorian stats to bring in? It's actually Rebellion era but this'll be a surviving Mercinary House with a couple of light cruisers and full complement.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think info exists for Mandalorian-built ships in the Rebellion era... Can't think of any off the top of my head. You'll probably have to end up designing your own, or choosing some non-mandalorian-specific EU craft. Personally, I'd think about some Corellian Gunships, CC-7700 Frigates, and a CC-9600 cruiser? I think that Corellian ships would be available to them...

Complete Starship Construction System
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of the ship stats bases and personal gear you're looking for has been converted from D20 to D6 by the amazing team here on the pit.

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign guide:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Hope this helps!
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, between that and the starships d6 guide with its hutt fighters brings it all up to balance nicely. Even the old republic mandalorian battleships are suitable to bring into the rebellion era, they were tough in their time but I'll have them still using the same old tech. It's in their battlearmour that they're really tough, hence they're not really a strategic threat anymore even in brigade sized mercinary companies and small fleets.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the D6 scum and villiany conversion PDF has base Mandolorian armour (Beskar’gam) as well as many armour modifications that can be applied to it. There are also plenty of modifications for weapons which would suit Mandolorians.

Xain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: