The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What do you do after a Total party kill?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What do you do after a Total party kill? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you "ROLL" after a total party kill happens
New campaign, same GM Same system
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
New campagin, new gm same system
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
New campaign, same gm, new system
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
New campaign, new gm, new system
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Make new pcs for current campaign, just set elsewhere
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Other (see below)
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
we don't get no stinkin' TPKs around 'ere!
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 34

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
In one Star Wars campaign I actually cloned the dead PCs. They had been captured in an earlier adventure by a Separatist scientist who was trying to make his own Clone Troopers and Jedi, and I had planned for an adventure involving the clones. Instead in turned into a great way to keep the characters around, ala Paranoia RPG.

That's hilarious!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do after a Total party kill? Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
What do you do next?

Go home and rethink my life.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
atgxtg wrote:
In one Star Wars campaign I actually cloned the dead PCs. They had been captured in an earlier adventure by a Separatist scientist who was trying to make his own Clone Troopers and Jedi, and I had planned for an adventure involving the clones. Instead in turned into a great way to keep the characters around, ala Paranoia RPG.

That's hilarious!

It got funnier. I was running a Clone Wars campaign and wrapped it up a year later after Order 66. Another player took over GMing a did a Rebellion campaign and later we retconned one of his reoccuring NPCs into the cloned Jedi. The GM dropped a few hints here and there but no one has caught on yet.

I think that if I run a post ROTJ/New Republic era campaign, I'll snag that NPC and use him again!
Tinman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one and only time this has happened it was a planned thing. We'd decided to wrap up a Rebel Intelligence campaign of almost two years, and the GM actually gave us options for how we wanted that to happen. We chose to go out in a blaze of glory and he concocted a truly epic suicide mission for us.

After blowing every force and character point we had, the end result was a couple dozen rescued Rebel soldiers and pilots, a liberated scientist with vital information, a captured Grand Moff, a dead long term adversary/Emperor's Hand (gunned down face to face using a Force point without even the courtesy of a dying declaration,) the complete destruction of a primary oversector base, Imperial communications and supply lines disrupted for months in several sectors (courtesy of one truly superb slicing job) and one seriously enraged Emperor. News of their success/sacrifice also inspired a handful of systems to join the Rebel Alliance, and shamed one Jedi (PC in a subsequent campaign) out of hiding as well.
Federico033
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to go for the more cinematic campaign, and my players are experienced enough to don't act stupid (and in that case, I often have a npc planted that can discreetly railroad them on the right direction) so when somebody dies, it often a very dramatic moment; think Elias death in the movie Platoon.
Then again, I have also planed ahead with a player that wants to try out a new character to just kill of their characters without the rest of the players knowing. It's a great way to keep your gaming group on their toes.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federico033 wrote:
I tend to go for the more cinematic campaign, and my players are experienced enough to don't act stupid (and in that case, I often have a npc planted that can discreetly railroad them on the right direction) so when somebody dies, it often a very dramatic moment; think Elias death in the movie Platoon.
Then again, I have also planed ahead with a player that wants to try out a new character to just kill of their characters without the rest of the players knowing. It's a great way to keep your gaming group on their toes.

Welcome to the Pit!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: