The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

NPC Collective
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> NPC Collective Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://rapidshare.com/files/2129881463/NPC_Collective_Version_1.0.pdf

I think this should work. So hopefully here it is.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, let me congratulate you on publishing your first Fan sourcebook on this site at least.

This takes dedication and determination that often means most of these projects never see the light of day. This is something that has been long talked about but never came into fruition. So thank you for taking the time to do it.

Now let's talk about your book, I am no expert on creating books you can see that by downloading any of the projects i've worked on, but here are my thoughts.

I think a cover and a table of contents would be great, I know this a is a first draft so that probably why you haven't added it.

Your format is dynamic with the stats on one side and the pictures on the other, but I had a sense of jarring because they didn't flow from one to the next. It was one stat block per page. Gry's work is probably the penultimate example of proper flow using text and pictures.

Minor quibbles: Text differences for the spec wilderness fighter and Star destroyer officer from the rest of the work. Picture of the clone commander out of whack.

I know how hard it is to do these projects and I think you did a wonderful job, I make these comments to help your book to be the best it can be.

Thanks again

p.s Make sure you post a link in Fan made sourcebooks
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not download, is this link still valid?

T.C.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to wait 5 minutes for the download since I don't have an account with them... I'm sure it's a marketing ploy to appeal to everyone's impatience when it comes to downloads. Laughing
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, this is a first draft version 1.0, hence I want feedback on it.

I essentially was going to include more then this, but I edited it down to make sure I would release something. Then if people were interested can keep moving forward and adding more. So make improvements

Now onto the uploading. This stuff is all very new to me, I first tried 4shared, but it just didn't seem to upload.

So I just went to rapid share and it seemed to upload.

If there are better ways to do uploading, let me know.
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5P8U71BJ

Here, this should work.
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.4shared.com/document/HIM4AAyC/Custom_NPC_Collective.html

I have made a new Npc Collective. Though this is the one I have for my own personal use, and includes my own spin on things.

I considered 2D to be average, anything in 3D is above. And 4D is professional trained. With 5D being elite. I like for my players to already start as excellent in what they want at creation. As players usually can have 5D or 6D in skills at start. Or in the 4D range if they spread out in skills.

The only ones that get up to 6D, or 7D range are super elites. Like Royal Guard, Mandarlians, Echani Mercs, Storm Commando's etc. Believing that groups with excess to more then one skills is sometimes better then just a few great skills.

Again this is my personal use one, so I've been inspired by a lot of what others have done and their take on ideas. Concerning stating out things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: