The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for a game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Looking for a game Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking to join a pbp, preferrably with my Miraluka Jedi Guardian who I have been playing for a while in a game with a local group which sadly split up.

Quin-Tain Zoh
Miraluka Jedi Guardian

DEXTERITY 3D
Brawling Parry 4D
Lightsaber 5D; Extended Handle Lightsaber 5D
Melee Parry 3D+2; Lightsaber 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Languages 5D
Scholar 5D; Jedi Lore 6D
Willpower 4D
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 4D
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 4D; Tae-Jitsu 5D
Stamina 4D
TECHNICAL 2D

Special Abilities:
Force Sight: The Miraluka rely on their ability to perceive their surroundings by sensing the slight force vibrations emanated from all objects. In any location where the force is some way cloaked, the Miraluka are effectively blind.
Force skills: Control 3D, Sense 2D, Alter 2D+2.
Control Powers: Concentration; Force of Will; Hibernation Trance
Sense Powers: Combat Sense; Danger Sense; Life Detection; Sense Force
Alter Powers: Telekinesis
Control & Sense Powers: Lightsaber Combat
Control, Sense & Alter Powers: Battle Meditation; Projected Fighting

Move: 10
Force Sensitive: Yes
Force Points: 3
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 5
Size: 1.8 meters tall

Equipment: Extended-Handle Lightsaber (5D+2)*, Partial Armor (+1D STR to all damage on chest (front/back), upper legs (front), and lower arms), 1000 Credits

*as stated in the Legacy Era Campaign Guide D6 conversion

Background: Quin-Tain was born on Alpheridies, and at a young age he was discovered to be quite strong in the Force by a Jedi in hiding who simply called herself Onyx. She told him the tales of the Jedi, and slowly began teaching him to use his connection with the Force. Quin-Tain was a fast learner, and soon he was strong enough that Onyx began teaching him how to use a lightsaber. Quin-Tain found that the usual lightsaber was not for him, and began scanning old documents for other types of lightsaber. Eventually he settled on an extended handle lightsaber, much like a Naginata or Nagamaki, with a handle of 5 feet, made from phrik, and a blade of around 3¾ feet. He also developed his own fighting style combining elements very similar to the ones used in Naginatajitsu, and Jojutsu. He set about building his lightsaber, and soon he was sparring with his master, and even sometimes winning. Eventually his master sent him to join the Alliance, and he soon began his combat training. Early in his career he was put in a special forces unit in the Rebel Army, because of his “unique abilities”. He rose quickly through the ranks, leading his team, and later his platoon in daring raids on imperial bases, prisoner transports, and ships. He eventually reached the rank of Captain earning command of his own company, the Phoenix Company, although he will often lead special missions himself, or go in alone when less is more. Quin-Tain has only one regret – he once slew an Imperial officer in cold blood, using the force, because he witnessed first hand the cruelties the officer had ordered his soldiers to commit. It is a blemish to his honor as a Jedi and he works every day to atone for his deed.

Personality: Quin-Tain sees himself as a warrior first, and as an officer second. He much prefers to lead from the front, and you will find him in the thickest most dangerous fighting, much to the chagrin of his superiors.

the logo of the Phoenix Company:

Last edited by Henrik.Balslev on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
I'd created a Sith with a very similar style to your Jedi Razz His style was moreso based on Jo-jutsu than Naginata or Yari-Jutsu, but incorporated elements of each.

Quick drawing I did of him on a white-board back in '05-ish

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking of adding a flail type weapon to the butt end, but instead I've desided that he has a small metal cap/ball on the butt-end of the extended handle lightsaber, allowing him to use both ends as a weapon. which reminds me ... I suppose a damage stat for the butt end would be in order.... something like STR+1D damage Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered about this particular race. I understand they see using some form of force based echo-location but how do they read a datapad or see a hologram?

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
I always wondered about this particular race. I understand they see using some form of force based echo-location but how do they read a datapad or see a hologram?

I would think its something more along the lines of them being permanently physically blind, but that the Force bypasses that and allows them to behave as though they can see normally.

I also think that Miraluka are just another weird invention by Dark Horse to involve the Force in absolutely everything, but that's just me.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I picked the miraluka as my race because I am also a big fan of Wheel of Time, and they remind me of some of the bad guys from that series of books.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik.Balslev wrote:
personally I picked the miraluka as my race because I am also a big fan of Wheel of Time, and they remind me of some of the bad guys from that series of books.
I was thinking you meant the Aiel because of the veils, but I don't recall them as bad guys, though I suppose that may depend on one's point of view. Wink

CR, that's a helpful way to think about how Miraluka vision works. Smile

We have an NPC Miraluka, but she has been turned to the Dark Side and is one of the Emperor's Chosen (Dark Side Adepts below the level of Vader, in perhaps the knight to master level). She is known as Oracle and is a source of powerful force visions. The players will probably only ever encounter her in Cutaways, though. The Jedi PCs aren't normally powerful enough to confront any of the Chosen one-on-one, yet and the Chosen tend to be busy scheming against each other and trying to figure out how to replace or embarass Vader (without directly confronting him).
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I actually meant the myrdraal/halfmen/neverborn/fades ... well the list of names could go on forever Smile

Only I wanted to play a good guy so I didnt make him a sith/dark jedi Smile
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason you can't. Personally, I thought the Miraluka in Tales of the Jedi looked a little gay with her turban and veil, but Jerec from Dark Forces II was also supposed to be a Miraluka, and he had some serious "bad is cool" vibes going on.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i doubt my guy would wear a veil or a turban Smile possibly a bandana/do-rag type thing that goes over his eyes, and a hood over that, but I havent really setteld on anything yet
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Interesting.
I'd created a Sith with a very similar style to your Jedi Razz His style was moreso based on Jo-jutsu than Naginata or Yari-Jutsu, but incorporated elements of each.

I think I'll steal the Jo-jutsu part Smile
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it seems unlikely that I'll be able to join a game with my Jedi at the moment, judging from the amount of replies I have recieved on here Wink

So... I'm up for joining any game with almost any other character - I do have a few ideas rummaging around in my head so I'm up for just about anything Smile
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are really only the three active games at the moment. You should talk to the GMs of those games about openings. I know Vong's game is going to be introducing a new character or two in a couple in-game rounds. Alcon has just started his game back up and will be introducing some new players and losing some old ones. I'm not sure about Hellcat's game, but it's the most active one.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EoF is thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin.

Wanted Poster
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
EoF is thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin.

not a problem for me I can easily rewrite the background of my char as needed Smile

Quin-Tain was born on Alpheridies, and at a young age he was discovered to be quite strong in the Force by a Jedi who simply called herself Onyx. She began teaching him to use his connection with the Force. Quin-Tain was a fast learner, and soon he was strong enough that Onyx began teaching him how to use a lightsaber. Quin-Tain found that the usual lightsaber was not for him, and began scanning old documents for other types of lightsaber. Eventually he settled on an extended handle lightsaber, much like a Naginata or Nagamaki, with a handle of 5 feet, made from phrik, and a blade of around 3¾ feet. He also developed his own fighting style combining elements very similar to the ones used in Naginatajitsu, and Jojutsu. He set about building his lightsaber, and soon he was sparring with his master, and even sometimes winning. Unfortuantely his master died and with her dieing words sent him to the Jedi council where he continued his training, including some military training. He rose quickly through the ranks, and began leading small teams on peacekeeping missions around the galaxy. He eventually reached the rank of Captain, but still did not have a steady command, as the council and he agreed that his abilities would be better used in other areas. Quin-Tain has only one regret – he once slew an officer from a incursion in cold blood, using the force, because he witnessed first hand the cruelties the officer had ordered his soldiers to commit. It is a blemish to his honor as a Jedi and he works every day to atone for his deed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: