The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rules for High-Level Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Rules for High-Level Characters Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Na.. why waste the ordinance.. Just call in a orbital bombardment!!! Shocked

I thought that was what the Death Star was for. If you can't beat the rebels, blow up the planet they are on.

Bren wrote:
But seriously, there is a big difference between having some concern for others' feelings and just being a doormat.

garhkal wrote:

From the way RN made it seem, he was closer to the latter than the former.

Well, it was me, not RN, but I7m sorry if it seemed that way. I7m far from a doormat.

If it helps to claifiy things, I think that if I did step in and stop the guy from adding up his dice, it would probably take even longer. There would probably be a lag while it sunk in and he caught up, and asked why, etc. So it is faster and less trouble to just tease him until he catches on. He is up to around a 0% "rapid response rate" now, and I hope to hit 50% by summer.

By then,.I might start using one of the optional rules where the margin of success means something, and I'll probably have trouble getting the guy to keep counting!

garhkal wrote:

One of the con games i was in, someone walked away wounded from 13d of damage (2d+2 str, 1d+1 armor).. Man was he jammy with the wild die and the DM's damage roll sucked big time.

Pretty much the same thing happend here. I rolled one "six" on 12D, and that got dropped by the "1" on the Wild Die. In the end it worked out to a 35 damage roll vs. a 21 soak roll for a Mortal Wound.

Lucky for him, the Padawan went back to put a medpac on him. Even luckier was that the padwan managed to toss the body onto the cargo skiff later on when he made his escape. Otherwise, the clone was destined to be shipped to Dr. Galt, a speratsits scientist who has been working on some bio-weapons that target Clone Troopers and who alwats needs more guinea pigs. The PC really hates that guy.

garhkal wrote:

Yup. I have had several instances where either I or a player i Gmed for managed to frak up an easy shot with lots of dice (rolled all 1's, or poss 2s) or where someone with few dice got jammy on the wild die and hit a real high number..

I have as well. Just last game sesssion the Clone Trooper with 8D in blaster rifle (7D after armor) suddenly got bad dice syndrome and couldn't hit a STAP in 4 rounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: