The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Powers book re-edit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force Powers book re-edit Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloak Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Like seeing it on the list

Wanted Poster
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I will also say that I believe Leia used mental translocation in Children of the Jedi.
I found that one somewhere. That could be what inspired the designer.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
I have seen what you have been writing, but I understood that you were not finished yet. I am more then willing to compile all your stuff into a PDF for you when you are complete Smile

Fair enough. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Quote:
I havent had the time to read it in detail, but it looks like you have been putting a lot more details in it Smile

What can I say? I'm a details kinda guy.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you have the sith power force sink we discussed a few weeks back (my input), then there is this (another sith power).
Flames of anger
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=4b3fc44984e207d6ffcad0bdce10f906&threadid=9169&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=827&start=30

I had a few powers, though the few people who commented didn't seem to like them.. but here they are..
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=4b3fc44984e207d6ffcad0bdce10f906&threadid=18681
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I had a few powers, though the few people who commented didn't seem to like them..

Hmmm. Interesting. In many ways, those powers remind me of the D&D Prestige Class Shadow Dancer, a class that I liked.

It's a little off-topic, but this is something I have been struggling to put into words. I've been mulling over the nature of Falanassi illusions and powers like Doppleganger and the Sith power subset of illusions. Falanassi illusions appear real even to inorganic sensor systems. A Doppleganger appears real to all normal senses, and can even interact with its environment. Sith Illusionists are considered separate from the Sith Mind Adepts, and it is theorized that Sith Illusions affect the character's senses directly, rather than affecting the character's mind.

What if it's something more than that?

Garhkal's link mentioned several variations on Shadow-based Force abilities, and I've been considering something along the lines of Shadow Magic from D&D, whereby an illusionist may conjure or evoke a replica of another magic spell by drawing material from the Shadow Plane and forming it into a semi-real effect; an illusion that is so real that it has an actual physical effect.

What if these power sets (Fallanassi, Sith Illusionists, and Doppleganger adepts) aren't just affecting the senses of their viewers? What if they are actually manipulating the underlying fabric of reality itself to produce semi-real illusions?

I have some ideas on this, but the idea is very nebulous in its currents state. I'd very much like the Forum's input on this. If it attracts enough attention, I can relocate to another thread.

Bringing this back to topic, with regards to Garhkal's Shadow Force powers, Shadow Punch, Shadow Envelopment, and Enhance Shadows could potentially be expressions of a manipulation of reality. Shadow Punch would replace a telekinetic effect with a semi-real illusion delivering an actual physical blow. Shadow Envelopment could be something similar, with a semi-real effect being focused on the character as an attack.

Thoughts?

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the effect i was kind of going for, though with anything actually real versus 'illusionary' there is the whole "dSP for causing damage" thing to worry about.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
That's the effect i was kind of going for, though with anything actually real versus 'illusionary' there is the whole "dSP for causing damage" thing to worry about.

True. But if the basis of this and the illusory powers is really founded in reality manipulation, think of the possibilities. My idea is that, when it comes to Illusions, you could either create something that appears completely real, but has only a passive effect, or you can create something that appears fake (i.e. an obviously unrealistic illusion) that has an actual physical effect, like inflicting damage. Doppelganger would be in the middle; a realistic illusion capable of having a physical effect, and it would only be possible because an image of yourself is intimately connected to your physical self in every detail.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found an interesting tool online which allowed me to generate a few visual force power trees. with 155 powers, and 422 pre-requesites... there will not be a graphic found in this book as I was hoping Here are my best attempts

Best looking one i think
Thinner, but much taller
this was just a bit of fun with a circular pattern
This was even more fun! now you can read the powers... sorta.
end on a serious note...

all in all they are basically impossible to read but I figured that I would share them!

note: going to try to have this book out before xmas, I have all the powers in, waiting on some info from cheshire then will have to pretty it up a bit Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
found an interesting tool online which allowed me to generate a few visual force power trees. with 155 powers, and 422 pre-requesites... there will not be a graphic found in this book as I was hoping Here are my best attempts
Wow. I'd need to print this on a plotter printer and make a wall chart out of it to read it. The circular one reminds me of the old Spyrograph.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how many force powers (fan made) are you thinking of including?
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave me a headache looking at them... Smile

T.C.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:

Best looking one i think
Thinner, but much taller
this was just a bit of fun with a circular pattern
This was even more fun! now you can read the powers... sorta.
end on a serious note...

all in all they are basically impossible to read but I figured that I would share them!

note: going to try to have this book out before xmas, I have all the powers in, waiting on some info from cheshire then will have to pretty it up a bit Smile

In regard to #4, yousa musta been nutsen, yousa know that?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
Gave me a headache looking at them... Smile

T.C.

Which one(s)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: