The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Broadsword-Class Troop Transport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Broadsword-Class Troop Transport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I went by the blurb "Army Organization in Brief" on page 83 and extrapolated up from there. Did WEG screw up and make this inconsistent with the rest of the chapter? Shoddy work, indeed.

No, what they did is added HQ units of increasing size at each level. At the Platoon level, it's two guys: a lieutenant and a sergeant major. At the Army level, it's bigger than a couple battalions, over 1,800 personnel. Considering there are 7 organizational levels between squad and army, the size of the HQs adds up pretty fast.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy, then I'll have to read through the entire chapter and study those OrBat charts. I didn't realize that what I thought was an army was actually a corps. Not a huge deal, though. Unless I miss my guess, I'll just have to replace the word "army" with "corps" in my write-up to get it back in line with what you wrote up. The total passenger number for the Consolidator is still 130,000, so I'll do whatever needed adjustments in my text to get it in line with that.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Oy, then I'll have to read through the entire chapter and study those OrBat charts.

I'm your guy there, too. It's one of the only places in the WEG material where you can find actual OrBat info on military units, and frankly, it isn't always well organized. I've posted some suggestions over the years for ways it could be made better. Since I've redone the COMPFORCE chapter, I may have to finally put pen-to-paper on redoing Sector Group Organization chapter.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Oy, then I'll have to read through the entire chapter and study those OrBat charts.

I'm your guy there, too. It's one of the only places in the WEG material where you can find actual OrBat info on military units, and frankly, it isn't always well organized. I've posted some suggestions over the years for ways it could be made better. Since I've redone the COMPFORCE chapter, I may have to finally put pen-to-paper on redoing Sector Group Organization chapter.

I remember seeing that old Rancor Pit thread concerning Sector Fleet Organization and how it so varies within and between sectors that it's impossible to get an exact count on the number of ships in any particular OrBat, especially with those greyed-out-room-for-expansion symbols in the OrBat charts....

But yeah, if you take this on, it will be most impressive. When you say the Sector Group Organization chapter, do you mean the Army chapter, the Navy Chapter or both?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
When you say the Sector Group Organization chapter, do you mean the Army chapter, the Navy Chapter or both?

Both. The chapter covers the general organization of both a sector army and sector fleet. It should probably incorporate the TIE fighter organization from the Adventure Journal, as well.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
When you say the Sector Group Organization chapter, do you mean the Army chapter, the Navy Chapter or both?

Both. The chapter covers the general organization of both a sector army and sector fleet. It should probably incorporate the TIE fighter organization from the Adventure Journal, as well.

I'll be damned, you're right. The Table of Contents even has it organized as a single chapter; it's the in-chapter headings for the Army and Navy Organization that threw me off into thinking they were separate chapters.

But yes, if you rewrite this, it would be awesome.

Do you think the Ubiqtorate/Imperial Intelligence chapter needs a rewrite too? I'm about to slog my way through that one since I just finished the COMPNOR chapter.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
But yes, if you rewrite this, it would be awesome.

Here's the post where I've summarized the changes I want to make to the Army section. There are others, but at the time, I was mostly focusing on units that PCs are likely to encounter.

Quote:
Do you think the Ubiqtorate/Imperial Intelligence chapter needs a rewrite too? I'm about to slog my way through that one since I just finished the COMPNOR chapter.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the Imperial Intelligence chapter. They seem to have done a pretty good job of covering the bases for a straight intelligence agency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: