The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I dont love drugs, drugs love me..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> I dont love drugs, drugs love me..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: I dont love drugs, drugs love me.. Reply with quote

I once had rules for about 10-15 medical, enhancing and combat drugs. Even a force enhancing drug (with some nasty drawbacks). I also had decent addiction rules which were rather harsh. However, as I have mentioned before, my whole D6 Star Wars collection including my own stuff, has gone missing... Crying or Very sad

Anyone out there with some rules for different drugs (more than the recreational stuff), or are there any official rules I have not heard about?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a start, of course very much work in progress.

So far mostly the effects, going for secondary effects, addiction and also effects of prolonged use next. The addiction factor will of course be exaggerated to actually play a role. Much like the 'fumble' risk in most RPGs (I remember Murphys Rules joke about a Runequest battle between two forces of a few hundred combatants).

Edit: Crappy code function. Also, I have been looking at some drug rules I found online for Cyberpunk (also not the Nuke drug which may or may not be in the final list). Heres a list http://www.ambient.ca/cpunk/drugs.html#1

Code:

Star Wars Drugs

Name   Cost   Avail.   Addict.   Duration   Effect / Side Effects / Notes.

Painkiller I   100   2, F         Reduces pain penalty -1D
Painkiller II   150   2, R         Reduces pain penalty -2D

Combatine I   150   2, R         Dex bonus +1, Pain penalty -1D.
Combatine II   200   3, X         Dex bonus +1D. Initiative +2. Pain penalty -1D.

Berserk II      3, X      2D6 min.   Dex +1. Str +1D. Pain penalty -1D. /
Berserk IV      3, X      3D6 min.   Dex +2. Str +1D. Initiative +2. Pain penalty -1D. /
Frenzon      3, X         Str bonus +1D. Reduces pain penalty -2D

PsychOut III      4, X         Str +2D. Dex +1D. Initiative +1D. Pain penalty -2D. / Damage. Deep Sleep.

Hyper I   150   3, X         Dex bonus +1D. Initiative +2. Pain penalty +1.
Hyper II   250   3, X         Dex bonus +1D+2. Initiative +1D. Pain penalty +2.

IntelliBoost I      2, F         Kno bonus +1D. /
IntelliBoost II      3, R         Kno bonus +1D+2

Enduro I      2, R         Stamina +2D. Pain penalty -1D. / Memory Loss.
Enduro II      3, R         Stamina +4D. Pain penalty -1D. / Memory Loss.

Nuke, Red      3, X         Kno +2D. / 
Nuke, Blue   250   3, X         Dex +1D. Initiative +2D

Regenator I   100   2, R         Healing rolls +1D. Healing time 75%.
Regenator III   200   3, R         Healing rolls +2D. Healing time 50%.

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to come up with a Strength for each drug, some perhaps coming in different strengths. This is then used against the persons Stamina to see how the drug takes effect. High stamina means that you have to use larger doses or higher strength.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing the same thing for my own homebrew game, unfortunately my stuff isn't based on D6 so it probably isn't all that helpful but you might be able to make use of my source.

I've basically ripped off the Fallout RPG for a lot of my drugs so here is all that info.

The nice part is that some of the more common drugs have an ingredients list so that players can make them themselves

Healing powder

* 1 Broc Flower
* 1 Xander Root

Effects
+5-20 HP
-1 Perception

After 60 mins
+1 Perception

A tribal concoction made from parts of dead critters (yummy!) Eating this powder makes someone feel invincible. For 30 minutes, Voodoo confers a +2 bonus to Agility, a +3 bonus to Luck, and a 20% bonus to Damage Resistance for Normal attacks only. After a half-hour, the user feels depressed and loses 2 Agility, 3 Luck, and all Damage Resistance from Normal attacks. Voodoo is 20% addictive.

Effects
+2 Agility
+3 Luck
+20% Damage resistance (Normal attacks)

After 30 mins

-2 Agility
-3 Luck
-20% Damage resistance (Normal attacks)

Recovery time N/A

20% addictive

Stimpak

* 1 Broc Flower
* 1 Xander Root
* 1 Empty Hypo

Effects
+5-20 HP

Super Stimpak

* 1 Fruit
* 1 Nuka-Cola
* 1 Stimpak

Effects

+75 HP

-9 HP after 2 minutes

Jet

Value: 25

Jet is the new street drug of the postnuclear world. No one knows exactly how it was made, except there are rumors that a mafia boss had it manufactured to aid in controlling large numbers of people. Considering that Jet is addictive from the first dose, that is not difficult to imagine. Jet comes in an inhaler, much like asthma medicine. After inhalation, the user gains +2 Action Points (up to 13), +1 Strength, and +1 Perception for 1d10 hours. After this time, the character loses two Action Points, 3 Strength, and 3 Perception. Jet is 80% addictive, although it is rumored that an antidote exists for the addiction – somewhere.

Effects:

Immediate:
+2 Action Points
+1 Strength
+1 Perception

After 2 Days:

-2 Action Points
-3 Strength
-3 Perception

After 4 Days:

No effect on Action Points

+2 Strength
+2 Perception

addiction: 50% Chance of Addiction, which is permanent without the Cure

After 2 days on Non-Use

-1 Action Points
-2 Strength
-2 Perception

Buffout

Value: 200

Buffout is a kind of temporary steroid, increasing mitochondrial activity in muscles for a brief period of time. Unfortunately, these same chemicals also impair brain function. Taking this drug is fine so long as you are about to slug it out in a boxing ring, but not recommended for operating a tank in combat. When swallowed, Buffout increases the user’s Strength by 2, Agility by 2, and Endurance by 3. The effects last one-half (round down) of 1d10 hours. After the effects wear off, the user loses 3 Strength, 3 Agility, and 2 Endurance for 1d10 hours. Buffout carries a 30% chance of addiction.

Effects:

Immediate:
+2 Strength
+2 Agility
+3 Endurance

After 6 Hours:

-4 Strength
-4 Agility
-4 Endurance

After 18 Hours:

+2 Strength
+2 Agility
+1 Endurance

addiction: 25% Chance of Addiction

Effects after 48 Hours of non-use

-2 Strength
-3 Agility
-2 Endurance

Mentats

Value: 280

Mentats increase the user’s awareness for a short period of time, but are dangerous because of the intense aftereffects and high addiction rate. An experimental drug for the military at one time, these pills became popular in the prewar streets because of the intense high. When Mentats are swallowed, the user’s Perception increases by 2, Intelligence increases by 2, and Charisma increases by 1 (everyone’s more attractive when under the influence!). The effects last 1 hour, after which time the user’s Perception and Intelligence are decreased by 4 and Charisma is decreased by 3 for 1d10 hours. Mentats have a 60% chance of addiction.

Effects:

Immediate:
+2 Intelligence
+2 Perception
+1 Charisma

After 1 Day:

-4 Intelligence
-4 Perception
-3 Charisma

After 4 Days:

+2 Intelligence
+2 Perception
+2 Charisma

addiction: 15% Chance of Addiction

Effects for 1 Week, after 48 hours of Non-use

-4 Intelligence
-4 Perception
-3 Charisma

After Burner Gum

Value: 350

After Burner was an attempt to legalize a “safe” form of meth in the early 21st century. Tiny methamphetamine crystals were mixed in with chewing gum by some enterprising corporation. The result was a moderate dose of the drug that lasted for only a few minutes, but produced an intense high in that time.

Chewing After Burner gives the user a +1 bonus to Strength and Perception, and raises the user’s Action Points by 2, for 1d10 minutes. After that time, the user loses 1 point of Strength and 2 points of Perception for 1 hour. After Burner is 30% addictive.

Effects:

Immediate:
+2 Action Points
+1 Strength
+1 Perception

After 2 Days:

-2 Action Points
-3 Strength
-3 Perception

After 4 Days:

No effect on Action Points

+2 Strength
+2 Perception

addiction: 50% Chance of Addiction

Effects for 2 Days

-2 Action Points
-3 Strength
-3 Perception

Psycho

Value: 400

Psycho is a drug that is much like a combination between Mentats and speed. This chemical cocktail is highly addictive and has horrible side effects, but the high it produces is worth it to many users. After injecting Psycho, the user’s Agility increases by 3, and their Intelligence is reduced by 3. The effects of Psycho last 1d10 hours, after which time the user loses 3 points to ALL Stats except Luck for 1d10 hours. Psycho is 50% addictive.

Effects

Immediate:
+3 Agility
-3 Intelligence
+50 Damage Resistance

After 4 Hours:

-3 Agility
+1 Intelligence
-25 Damage Resistance

After 8 Hours:

No effect on Agility
+2 Intelligence
-25 Damage Resistance

addiction: 20% Chance of Addiction

Effects for 1 Week

-3 Agility
+1 Intelligence
-25 Damage Resistance

Radaway

Value: 1500

Radaway, an obscure drug from prewar times, became one of the most useful after the bombs went off. It comes in an IV bag and must be taken through a drip IV over the period of about an hour. The Radaway works in the user’s system to bond with radioactive particles and wash them out. 1 day after use, the user loses 25 rads. 2 days after use, the user loses another 25 rads. Radaway, unfortunately, has an addiction rate of 20%.

Rad-X

Value: 2000

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that was the idea behind these drugs. Although they were never marketed for consumer use before the war, enough were made for militaries so that they are not unknown in the postwar world. Rad-X is a pill that increases the user’s Radiation Resistance by 50% for 1d10 hours after ingestion by creating a kind of radiation “anti-body” in the user. Not addictive.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are from Fallout 2, correct?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

Yes they are...which is why most of them dont really fit my games. The same goes for Cyberpunk drugs which are called 'Black Lace' and similar names. Except for some old 'classics' (in our group) like Berserk and Frenzon Id like pseudo-medical names.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

Most of them, Vodoo I comes from Tactics I think, it's all on the Fallout Wiki at any rate.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have you adapted the stimpack health to star wars?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: