The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

IC - Episode IV There in the Dark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> IC - Episode IV There in the Dark Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203, 204  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAWD Roth, Reylan

As the KAWD clambers over the back of the only seats in the modified limo, the back door opens and Arek climbs in.

"As if it wasn't already crowded enough back here," Giric grumbles.

Reylan opens the driver's door and climbs into the seat before Roth can move over. As he does so a couple of heavily armored speeder trucks, looking similar to the one Reylan and Arek were in and bearing TCA markings, blows past the modified limo.

"Those are two of our special weapons and tatics unit ground vehicles," Bastilda announces. "Whatever's going down at shaft 507-A1-12 must be serious."

Roth directs Reylan through the traffic, using his sense of Syllri as his guiding light. Reylan pushes the vehicle over the projected speed limit, noting for a while how they seem to be following the TCA speeders. Speeder traffic clears out of the teams way, probably assuming they've commandeered the vehicle. Soon though Roth has Reylan turn down a different street.

After a while a large industrial complex begins to come into view. Unfortunately something else comes into view, one of the two objects the team had seen, the one headed in this direction. It looks like a mammoth, robotic insect. Reylan and Roth easily estimate that it must be about ten meters in length and about five high. The thing hits the ground and begins smashing the industrial facility with it's claws. The team quickly notes that there is someone riding atop the "bug"

Reylan

Reylan suddenly realizes that the figure atop the "bug" fits the description Ali gave of one of the Mandolorians from the Red Claw base. Though he can't see all of the figure, from this distance he can make out what appears to be a shoulder pad that could resemble the skull of some unknown creature with fange hanging over the upper arms and a pair of long spikes, one above the other, in the middle of the pad with the upper spike being longer than the lower one. The one forearm gauntlet he sees is studded with rows of spikes. An up curved blade is attached at the waist, one above each leg and a fur is tied around the shin Reylan can see. Reylan notes the rocket pack on the Mando's back. He also notes their armor is in shades of purple and lavender.

"The descriptions, they sound like a couple members of Clan Dak. Aub and Chon. The two are quite brutal, even by Mandalorian standards. Especially Chon." Ailyn's words from the Red Claw base ring in Reylan's head. "Their brutal and will use whatever means to get their targets. Always get them dead, even if it means killing allies. They don't really care how many must die. If they have to bring this entire facility down to get us they'll do it. And they don't retreat unless they have something else in mind to get their target."

KAWD

"Hello?" the KAWD suddenly hears. At first it thinks it's more from the parasites, then it realizes it's coming over it's PTP connection. "Droids, are either of you picking this up? Haar'chak! Gar ru gotal'ur vaabir ibic, jetii!"

Whatever was just said, the KAWD can't understand it. But it thinks that from the sound of the voice it's Ailyn trying to get in touch with Ali and itself.

"If either of you can hear this, and Syllri says one of you might, we have trouble headed our way. We managed to confiscate a TCA PTP link and Syllri is having me try to contact you. I don't even know if I'm using this thing right. But if you're hearing this, I just saw a Basillisk heading towards where we are. Not sure whether Aub or Chon is piloting. If you're hearing this and you managed to get back with any of them, tell one of those di'kut jetii to use that Force of there's to somehow find us. And tell them I think there may be Red Claws here too."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan smiles to Roth as he steps into the driver's seat before he can shuffle over into it. "Nice to see you guys again," he says as he buckles in. "I hope this one is not stolen like ours was."

He follows the direction, being more willing to use the gap in traffic created by the TCA vehicles.

Reylan agrees while pushing down a sense of dread "I did sense Syllri around Shaft 507-A1-12 earlier." he notes

Seeing hte large creature reaking havoc on the area he notes "Mandos. I recognize one from a description that Ailyn gave earlier. No regard for collateral damage, or even friendly fire. They will kill their targets at all and any costs."

ooc: so it is just Syllri, Ailyn and Quain-tan that are missing now? (and Cailum, but he is probably fine)

ooc2: Bring up Instinctintive Piloting... I have Roth to give directions so now I can focus on the Driving Smile Want to be ready when the missiles / claw bugs come running. Keep up Danger sense.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD links back to the source of the message. "The is the Krath Advanced War Droid. The message will be relayed."

"Announcement: Incoming message from Ailyn. If either of you can hear this, and Syllri says one of you might, we have trouble headed our way. We managed to confiscate a TCA PTP link and Syllri is having me try to contact you. I don't even know if I'm using this thing right. But if you're hearing this, I just saw a Basillisk heading towards where we are. Not sure whether Aub or Chon is piloting. If you're hearing this and you managed to get back with any of them, tell one of those di'kut jetii to use that Force of there's to somehow find us. And tell them I think there may be Red Claws here too."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth groans, looking over at Reylan, after the KAWD broadcasts Ailyn's message. "At least we know they're alright, even for the moment. That's not good news about those Mandalorians, however. We're going to need to deal with them if we hope to get everyone out of here and not be hunted down later."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth, KAWD, Reylan

There is movement in and on the factory beyond the Mandolorian warrior and their machine, a Basillisk Ailyn's comm called it. Some of the figures are clearly factory workers. Others wear ramshackle armor and open fire on the fleeing workers. There's so far no sign of TCA officers, but that may change as it becomes clear to the TCA that the Mandolorians and their allies are attacking in multiple areas. There's more thunder south of the teams location, it's becoming clear it's not a storm but the sound of weapons fire and explosions.

"Units 87-677A and 87-111A were supposed to have set up over the Lhosan Industrial complex to intercept Syllri and Ailyn," the constable announces. "That's what we heard over the emergency transciever. We also heard that they had forced them down on the west end of the facility and that they were headed east. Unit 87-111A had set down to pursue them on foot."

Bastilda reaches through the seats and points at the factory in front of them.

"That's the Lhosan industrial complex here in the Middle City. Syllri and Ailyn are somewhere inside the complex. Looks like both Red Claws and Mandos are After them just like the TCA."

As the constable finishes speaking Reylan, Roth, Bastilda, and the KAWD all see an all too familar sight move nearer to the Basilisk. The KAWD. Or rather, another KAWD. This one armed with a sword and some strange looking weapon. Roth, Reylan, and the KAWD all recgonize it as something they saw in the sewers in the Undercity used by another KAWD. For the moment the droid seems to be preparing to enter the factory through the opening created by the Mandolorian

(OOC: Reylan has Instinctive Piloting and Danger Sense up. Roth still has Life Sense up and is tracking Syllri. He senses he's somewhere directly ahead of the team, which is pretty much having to go through the Mando and Red Claws.)

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having successfully quelled the virtual parasites the KAWD scans the enemy KAWD with all vision modes available to it.

"Additional Krath Advanced War Droid located. Unable to determine how many units are operation. Recommendation: Add some distinguishing feature to this unit to ensure easy identification."

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth nods. "Good idea. Perhaps you should also alter your speech patterns, and begin speaking more like a protocol droid would...using names and pronouns, and eliminating extra words. Calling each of us 'Being' before our names is extraneous."

Glancing over his shoulder, Roth points directly towards the attackers. "Syllri is directly THAT way..."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan says "Altered speech patterns should be easy to duplicate for a droid, dont you think? Physical alterations are best for combat situations."

"Arek, can you pass the map forward to Roth. Maybe he can keep an eye on our position and find side streets"

Reylan trusts in the Force and picks the street that feels the best...

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth, KAWD, Reylan

Arek does and Reylan asks. Reylan and Roth quickly look over the map and immediately notice two things. First, the map states that the Lhosan industrial complex is the company's industrial complex in the Middle City. Second they note just how large the complex is. It is easily several city blocks in area. It's not a single factory it's several factories. There are multiple entrances into the complex. Though there are two primary ways in and out, a large four lane roadway traveling east to west through the center of the facility. The fastest way into the facility is a roadway that will take them past the Mandolorian and the Red Claws, at least the ones they can see.

The KAWD looks over Roth's shoulder at the map, trying to determine what it can from the map. It notes various abbreviations on the Lhosan industrial complex. RD. SW TesCen. Pub SW Fac. ASpe TesCen. Pub ASpe Fac. Spe Fac. TCA AS FAC. TCA Spe Fac. TCA SpCr Fac. Co Of. PR Of.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD holds up it's blackened hand as it tracks the other KAWD's movement.

"Recommendation: This carbon scorring should serve to identify this particular unit."

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan picks a path that is a bit slower, but less likely to get everyone quite squashed by the creatures. It is best to be discovered on the way out, rather then the way in from a rescue...

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan, KAWD, Roth

Reylan picks a route back along the way the team came in order to get to the eastern side of the Lhosan industrial complex. It takes several minutes of driving time for the team to get back to the complex. Everything looks calm, there is no sign of the Mandalorian here. There's also no sign of workers of any kind.

Ever so slowly Reylan enters the complex. There's a gate where that would normally keep folks out unless cleared to enter, but it's wide open and there are no guards in the guard house. It looks like the facility is completely empty as if everyone went home for the day. Except facilities like this should have guards on duty round the clock to try and keep folks out.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Should this unit attempt to contact Ailyn? This area does not seem to be threatened by the Basilisk war droid yet."

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the KAWD makes mention of the carbon scoring on its hand, Roth replies, "True; however, the others of your ilk could do the same. If you want to use some method of standing out, it might serve better to make it as subtle as possible...something we would know to look for, but that wouldn't be readily obvious to others giving you a cursory glance."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan looks to his co-pilot for directions toward the two stranded Jedi. "Well navigator, where did you sense Syllri?"

He keeps his eyes, ears, and the Force open for signs of trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203, 204  Next
Page 202 of 204

Jump to: