The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Firespray deckplan and cargo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Firespray deckplan and cargo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Firespray deckplan and cargo Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Firespray-class deckplan here and trying to figure out how to manage a brawl in the cargo hold while in-flight.

How is cargo stowed in that hold? Vertically along the walls? I'm probably going to hand-wave the problem since I have new players, but given the way the ship is depicted in films I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about how loads are actually stored in this odd ship.[/url]
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the way gravity is generated in ships I assume it could be stored 'up side down' in the ceiling, as long as that is the direction of gravity...
Leon The Lion
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I thought a lot about "The Elephant" (as we call the Firespray in my group Razz ) recently, as my gearhead player wants to get one soon (as soon as he scrapes together the funds...).

ZzaphodD has got it exactly right. There's nothing mysterious about it. Artificial gravity is your friend. In the hold, gravity is always directed towards the engines so the room is in proper orientation when landed. Then, when you climb the ladder and go through the hatch into the crew section, gravity changes direction 90 degrees, so its directed along the "trunk", towards the cannons. Its always like that, even when landed - the ship's artificial grav screens out outside grav in the trunk. Yeah, its a somewhat odd design and requires a little gymnastics when navigating the gravity gradient, but that's part of the ship's charm.
- Tom Lehrer
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the best homebrew Slave One deckplans, go here.

http://deckplans.00sf.com/Marincic/Marincic.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: