The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

BlasTech RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> BlasTech RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread Resurrection!
Ran across this thread from way back after a request from TheDoctor, so I thought I'd better finish what I started. After reading through this thread, this my latest update to the stats:

Model: BlasTech RT-97c Heavy Blaster Rifle
Type: Heavy Blaster Rifle
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: blaster rifle
Ammo: 20
Cost: 5,000 (blaster pak: 500)
Availability: 3, X
Range: 3-30/150/1,500
Damage: 5D
Equipped with:
Thermal Scanner: detects and enhances life forms that generate heat (+2d Search)
Sniper Scope: automatically calculates range and adjusts rifles components (+2d Blaster if aimed for one round)
Passive InfraRed Scope: heat imaging reduces the effects of rain, smoke, dust, and darkness (nullifies penalties for smoke, darkness, etc.)
Scomp link: transmits visual data to Stormtroopers optical sensors. A Moderate Weapon Repair and Easy Sensors roll is required to adapt the Scomp Link to another visual device
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped the damage to 5d, dropped the ammo, but kept the range. Keeps it deadly but hopefully not overpowered.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks decent.....

(Edit: Second though Reduce Range to 750 Meters max... clostser to cannon guns but not hideously insane, nor too short ranged compared to other cannon guns in sw.... I can even see reduced to about 600 meters... power pack is too expensive I say 75 credits for the special power pack.... 600 meters is still a huge range increase over standard weapons, id also say standard power packs can work or the weapon modified to take 'em, but you get half as many shots, Up damage to 5d+1 or 5d+2.. then you are golden..)
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The range and damage are both points of contention, but both (6d damage, max range 1500 meters) were spelled out in the trilogy sourcebook.

Maybe go back to 6d damage but drop the long range?

On second thought, what if those stats were for desert environment only?
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
The range and damage are both points of contention, but both (6d damage, max range 1500 meters) were spelled out in the trilogy sourcebook.

Maybe go back to 6d damage but drop the long range?

On second thought, what if those stats were for desert environment only?

Humms....... just cut range then 1500 is a bit excessive.... 600 meters is fine, and you can leve damage at 6D
still think the special power pack is a bit too expensive
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed my mind on the weapon.

Model: BlasTech RT-97c Heavy Blaster Rifle
Type: Heavy Blaster Rifle
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: blaster rifle
Ammo: 500
Cost: 5,000 (blaster pak: 500)
Availability: 3, X
Range: 3-30/150/1,500
Damage: 6D
Equipped with:
Thermal Scanner: detects and enhances life forms that generate heat (+2d Search)
Sniper Scope: automatically calculates range and adjusts rifles components (+2d Blaster if aimed for one round)
Passive InfraRed Scope: heat imaging reduces the effects of rain, smoke, dust, and darkness (nullifies penalties for smoke, darkness, etc.)
Scomp link: transmits all visual data to Stormtroopers optical sensors. A Heroic Weapon Repair and Heroic Sensors roll is required to adapt the Scomp Link to another visual device. Even if adapted properly all bonuses and abilities may not port over correctly to the new optical device.
Notes: Without a Stormtrooper helmet the scopes are unusable (range drops to 3-30/100/400). Requires special Blaster power packs, regular power packs may be used but ammo drops to 25.

Decided to go with Wookipedia and The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook, but added some problems to fix the "overpowering" aspects of the gun. This way it is powerful in the hands of Sandtroopers but is difficult to get working properly for regular folk. GMs can impose other problems, especially in porting over the Scomp Link, since that's where most of the really good stuff is.

I kept the power pack price high but allowed for regular packs so it would match, and lowered the range if the scopes are not used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: