The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A sourcebook I've been working on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> A sourcebook I've been working on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironwolf56
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: A sourcebook I've been working on Reply with quote

Off and on for the past couple years, I've been working on a D6 sourcebook. At first it was linked to the campaigns I would run, but in time it grew more into a group of NPCs, settings and so on aside from the "Luke/Jacen/Corran/etc" crowd.

I guess I'm not sure if I should keep it a collection of NPCs, gear and so on like I have it now, or make an actual sourcebook out of it. The "theme", if there is one I guess, is centered around the operations of what I call the Galactic Alliance Intelligence Bureau. There's former (and current) military (think Star Wars NCIS), a Jedi detachment, something a bit like the Secret Service (Senate Security Division), and of course there's adversaries, lots and lots of scary adversaries.

I guess the biggest problem is it's a lot like the D6 "alphabet soup" list of skills for some of the major NPCs, some of them have at least a pip or two in nearly every skill, but maybe that's not such a bad thing?

Alright, this was a very rambling post, I apologize, I guess what I'd like to ask is both "what should I do with this" and if the answer is "make a sourcebook" is there anyone interested in evaluating what I have and even giving feedback.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make it, I will look at it and comment..... Laughing

Some won't be interested, some will. If you have the time and inkling- go for it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an era of play that I'm interested in. However, I'm always encouraging of people that want to make a good sourcebook *if* they've got the resolve and support necessary to finish the job.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's see it, let's see it!! Could be some very cool stuff!!

and That is why you fail...
ironwolf56
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMgreatness wrote:
let's see it, let's see it!! Could be some very cool stuff!!

Hmm well it's mostly just a bunch of separate small files now with no "flow" to it (yet), but ya know let me clean it up and see what I can do, I'll check in a few days from now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: