The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How would you resolve Death Star Scale damage?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> How would you resolve Death Star Scale damage? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
garhkal wrote:
The closest ihave come to it, was when they were playing a rebellion (early) game and were still ON alderan when the DS showed up...

Yikes!

I gave them chances through force visions to see it coming and even reports of the alderannians around them freeking out when it first showed up. I Made it wait a day before doing anything, but they (like lemmings) stayed put till the fit hit the shan...
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players. Never do what you plan/want them to Very Happy

Donate to Ankhanu Press
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
In my games, if something is hit with Death Star scale damage, it's gone. No damage roll, no soak, it is destroyed. I think this system is the only real way to demonstrate just how scary these weapons are.

I don7t think so. THere is a limit to just how effective these weapon are. Rolling damage is fine. Just what the damage should be might be the problem. At least as far as panets go.

As for Captial Ships, hitting one will be quite a trick with the scaling rules. Even Han Solo has trouble with a 12D scaling factor. With the possible exception of aa suprise round, I can7t see how anby ship wouold have gotten hit in ROTJ if the battle were played out in the RPG.

Personally, I think the scaling rules are a bit rediculous at times. A starfighter than target and hit a TIE fighter 10km away, that is moving at thousands of kph, has trouble getting a target lock on an AT-AT that is 1km away, moving 20kph? No, I don't buy it. I think the size of the vessel doing the fireing shouldn't make a bit of difference.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:
In my games, if something is hit with Death Star scale damage, it's gone. No damage roll, no soak, it is destroyed. I think this system is the only real way to demonstrate just how scary these weapons are.

I don7t think so. THere is a limit to just how effective these weapon are. Rolling damage is fine. Just what the damage should be might be the problem. At least as far as panets go.

As for Captial Ships, hitting one will be quite a trick with the scaling rules. Even Han Solo has trouble with a 12D scaling factor. With the possible exception of aa suprise round, I can7t see how anby ship wouold have gotten hit in ROTJ if the battle were played out in the RPG.

Personally, I think the scaling rules are a bit rediculous at times. A starfighter than target and hit a TIE fighter 10km away, that is moving at thousands of kph, has trouble getting a target lock on an AT-AT that is 1km away, moving 20kph? No, I don't buy it. I think the size of the vessel doing the fireing shouldn't make a bit of difference.

Size should be a factor in the "to hit". It's easier to hit an outer house wall than it is to hit a bicycle at 30 to 50 feet away. However, I don't think it should be as "big" as it is.

The major thing I think about weapons is the scale that they were made for as it pertains to damage. That's the "scaling" importance. They had to make the weapons on the bigger ships do more damage, but had to make it possible to "evade" those attacks as well.

I dunno how to effectively give any input on this. As it pertains to the Superweapon on the death star, when it's fired, planets are destroyed or maimed as needed for the story-line. If it's not about the story - well - why are you including it? Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the mods for 'going down' should only be half as good/bad...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: