The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulture811
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i loved how they handled vader in the episode, i was a little worried about them making him weak or watered down, but this is everything
i think i could have hoped him to be in the series
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: spoilers Reply with quote

I do have a question that came up on Google+. Do you guys think that Fulcrum knew Vader was Anakin from their mental contact and just lied to Kanan when she said "I don't know" in answer to his question? Or is she really not sure so wasn't going to speculate.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She knows, but is choosing not to voice it and make it real.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebels Reply with quote

Teazia wrote:
*Season 2 Openers Spoilers*

Looks like Skyguy and the Apprentice have made first contact.

vulture811 wrote:
i loved how they handled vader in the episode, i was a little worried about them making him weak or watered down, but this is everything i think i could have hoped him to be in the series

I thought Vader lighting up the Rebels in his lone advanced TIE was pretty cool. (No inept wingmen in a tight trench saying "Look out!" and crashing into him like in ANH.)

cynanbloodbane wrote:
Truly an ESB style moment when Vader contacts his Master. This is the Vader we came to know in the OT. I saw not the slightest hint of the PT's/CW's Anakin character, so Thumbs way up!

No hint of TCW Anakin except for the film-contrary fact that he ever even had an "apprentice". But just like the Emperor scene in TESB, it didn't spoil Vader actually being Anakin for the kids that don't know that yet. Honestly I don't care at all about the continuity of the cartoons as long as it doesn't affect (or get referenced in) the live action films. Rebels is just son-daddy Star Wars as my son ages into the maturity needed for the real Star Wars.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebels S2 was really awesome, some of the best SW stuff ever. And based on various bits of info Filoni has stated in various interviews, it can be safely extrapolated Ahsoka has passed into the underworld...

Happy?
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teazia wrote:
Rebels S2 was really awesome, some of the best SW stuff ever...

Wow. I do like it a lot more than TCW, but that isn't saying much. Glad you are so happy with it though!

Teazia wrote:
...And based on various bits of info Filoni has stated in various interviews, it can be safely extrapolated Ahsoka has passed into the underworld...

Happy?

Knowing that you are a big Filoni fan, I can't help but read this as contempt. But I'll just answer strait as if you are really concerned or curious about my happiness. I have no issue with fans who enjoy Star Wars stuff that I don't. More power to ya! I'm actually a little jealous of you for being able to do something I can't do.

Regarding Snip's apparent death, I'm cautiously pleased. Although I just can't imagine these cartoons as taking place in the same universe as the films (the reality portrayed in each medium is just so different), I have no issue with the existence of the canon cartoons as long as the contrary continuity of the cartoons stays contained within them and does not contaminate the live action films. Even with Ahsoka dead, "Anakin's padawan" could still be mentioned in a film. It was just announced today that Forrest Whittaker's character in Rogue One is an existing TCW character who once shared an adventure with Anakin and Ahsoka. I'm really excited for Rogue One. It looks great. But incorporating cartoon continuity into a live action film makes me feel a little uneasy.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No contempt, she went out in a way that was proper and poetic (and moving for many). She may come back in some form sooner or later, but her time had come. If she had survived, it would have weakened Vader too much (and probably Luke as well). That is the one cardinal rule that cannot be broken "according to Dave according to Lucas."

Current management may not see it that way for long, but we have at least a few people still fighting the good fight for the moment.
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to revise the opinion of the final episode about Snips. Spolier warnings, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwRZaXTEu0
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka Reply with quote

Teazia wrote:
she went out in a way that was proper and poetic (and moving for many). She may come back in some form sooner or later, but her time had come. If she had survived, it would have weakened Vader too much (and probably Luke as well). That is the one cardinal rule that cannot be broken "according to Dave according to Lucas."

Current management may not see it that way for long, but we have at least a few people still fighting the good fight for the moment.

Darth_Kjeran wrote:
You might want to revise the opinion of the final episode about Snips. Spolier warnings, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwRZaXTEu0

I watched the video. DK, I don't know which opinion or who you are referring to above. I can't really speak for anyone else so if you are referring to me hoping she's dead and the video saying she might not be, I said I was cautiously optimistic about it. It was intentionally left ambiguous, and we'll find out why eventually.

Either way I like hearing that Filoni seems very concerned about not interfering with the heart of who Anakin/Vader is in the films. That type of reverence for the primary material is very appreciated, but then again they already disregarded that for the very premise of TCW.

However my bottom line has always been: I really don't care what they do with Snips as long as it has no impact on the live action films.

This didn't age well. Not only did Ezra travel back in time to save Ahsoka from death at the end of the Rebels series, but she has now appeared in live action in The Mandalorian, and she is getting her own Disney+ series. I just thought this Ahsoka thread about whatever happened to her should be updated to reference her return.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: