The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Although some aspect of Rebels is somewhat interesting (mostly the ones based on WEG ideas), my biggest worry about TCW and Rebels having the same canon status as the live action films is how continuity from these TV shows could ruin the live action films. I don't need to hold these shows to the standards of the films. Since I can't make the shows not ruin the films, I just hope that they don't and can continue to be ignored, no matter how bad they are.

This is true. I'm over the moon about Rebels (heck, I'm vice-versa concerned, that the release of Episode VII will result in studio/marketing pressure to change the tone/direction of Rebels or make it more of a film tie-in, which would be terrible after it's just finding an identity!), but I would not like to see its characters appearing in the films. Complementing them, yes. Influencing them... no. (Well, okay- I wouldn't mind an appearance by Hera... Wink )

Hard core OT, all the way!
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer if some of the older extras or supporting characters due to appear in Episodes 4-7 made appearances rather than main character's from either. Play on the "part of a larger universe" idea.
My hope is that the final episode of Rebels will end with the crew of a heavily damaged Ghost transmitting secret plans as a group of SDs closes in. Fade to black with the sound of turbolaser fire repeating as the credits roll.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebels: Blake's 7? Wink

Hard core OT, all the way!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected that she would make an appearance sooner or later. They just announced that she's going to be on Rebels on June 20th.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I suspected that she would make an appearance sooner or later. They just announced that she's going to be on Rebels on June 20th.

She who? Ahsoka Tano/Fulcrum? She already made an appearance in the Season 1 finale. No surprise that she is going to be in the Season 2 premiere.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? I had somehow missed that.

Did you see it? Did they play it well?
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great season finale! you should definitely check it out asap. Really classic SWD6 type climax
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm banking on them coming to netflix sometime in the next year. I don't have a Disney account. I could pay for them over Amazon... but I dislike the business model where I "purchase" an episode, but I would only be able to re-watch it if I were to continue to subscribe to a Prime account. If I could download it to something like a flash drive I would probably be more inclined. I bought one episode to see what it was like, decided I liked it, but decided to wait until it was more available on another service.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the Disney Marvel series going on Netflix I'm sure Disney Star Wars Rebels will be available there eventually. There definitely are some inspirations from WEG in the series, and even though it is still a kiddie show, it is superior to The Clone Wars.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the first 5 eps a bit in advance, I finally got caught up with REBELS. Pretty darn awesome! And the trailer for Season 2 looks absolutely epic. When Rex kicked in I lost my sh!t!

Bonus DM question:

Did Ezra earn a Dark Side point when he summoned the monster?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I'm banking on them coming to netflix sometime in the next year. I don't have a Disney account. I could pay for them over Amazon... but I dislike the business model where I "purchase" an episode, but I would only be able to re-watch it if I were to continue to subscribe to a Prime account. If I could download it to something like a flash drive I would probably be more inclined. I bought one episode to see what it was like, decided I liked it, but decided to wait until it was more available on another service.

You dont need a prime subscription to watch episodes you've bought. Amazon has a player that you can download which runs offline.

At least, thats how I watched a couple of seasons of 24 a couple of years back. Though, I didnt like using the playeer, so I just watched them in windows media payer.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's still the buying them that I'm balking at doing. I know that if I just sit and wait, then I'll eventually see them on Netflix.
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Season 2 Openers Spoilers*

Looks like Skyguy and the Apprentice have made first contact. And it seems the show has a good take on Vader. The movie and CW show never really convinced me he was a dark killer (even though he slaughtered many). It all seemed so hollow, empty and rather pointless.

However, his hatred and obsession with Kinobi for the death of his wife and kids seems like a valid way to handle the bad storytelling that was in the PT.

Cheers
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teazia wrote:
*Season 2 Openers Spoilers*

Looks like Skyguy and the Apprentice have made first contact. And it seems the show has a good take on Vader. The movie and CW show never really convinced me he was a dark killer (even though he slaughtered many). It all seemed so hollow, empty and rather pointless.

However, his hatred and obsession with Kinobi for the death of his wife and kids seems like a valid way to handle the bad storytelling that was in the PT.

Cheers

Truly an ESB style moment when Vader contacts his Master.
This is the Vader we came to know in the OT. I saw not the slightest hint of the PT's/CW's Anakin character, so Thumbs way up!
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His obsession also sets up an interesting inflection point. Once Kinobi goes down, Vader is a bit free from the grip of hatred (although he has much fear of the Emperor) and his turn around comes in the end of ROTJ.

Nice symmetry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: