The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Reply with quote

Okay new to the forum, i think this is my 5 post now.
I just finished watching the second season of Clone Wars, and im wondering does anyone have any speculation as to what her future is after her master Anakin goes Dark Side and starts killing all the Jedi he can?

As i kind of like her upbeat personality, tricks and fighting style, not to mention her naive, innocent personality. She is the total opposite to nearly all the other Jedi i see on the series.
Can anyone shed light on her future for us?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since all we can do is provide speculation, I'd like to posit my conjecture for her future...

GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a force ghost that hangs out with Jar Jar Binks' ghost

and That is why you fail...
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMgreatness wrote:
a force ghost that hangs out with Jar Jar Binks' ghost

Here is he moment of his passing...

Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we dont actually know if she lives or dies yet?
Is it just in the clone war series and we have to wait to see the end?

Im thinking out of specualation that she will survive somehow, cant see her being killed off.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira Firestorm wrote:
does anyone have any speculation as to what her future is after her master Anakin goes Dark Side and starts killing all the Jedi he can?

As i kind of like her upbeat personality, tricks and fighting style, not to mention her naive, innocent personality. She is the total opposite to nearly all the other Jedi i see on the series.
Can anyone shed light on her future for us?

Kira Firestorm wrote:
So we dont actually know if she lives or dies yet?
Is it just in the clone war series and we have to wait to see the end?

Im thinking out of specualation that she will survive somehow, cant see her being killed off.

We know the fate of most of the other main characters, due to previously released continuity of the future of the Clone Wars. Ahsoka Tano is a brand new character created for the series. Of course they are not going to reveal her fate before they have to. So to clearly answer your question: No, we dont actually know if she lives or dies yet.

According to EU canon, a Jedi must successfully train one Padawan to Jedi Knighthood to attain the rank of Jedi Master. So based on that, Ahsoka Tano will not become a Jedi Knight. Anakin was definitely not a Jedi Master in Revenge of the Sith because he whined about not being made one when they agreed to give him a seat on the Jedi Council. But according to the EU, he could have been a master if Ahsoka had become a knight.

However, I don't think that Lucas cares about that EU rule for becoming a Masters because when Revenge of the Sith was made, Ahsoka Tano did not exist. The movie alone suggests that Anakin became a Knight sometime during the Clone Wars, but had continued to be a partner of Obi-Wan with neither of them having any padawans. If Anakin wasn't originally meant to have had any Padawans, then Anakin's dialogue suggest that the Council just awards the title of Master to any Jedi Knights that it sees fit to (based on their service over time as a Knight, no doubt). In that case, then Anakin is whining because there is no concrete prerequisit to become a Master. The Council can just make him a Master without ever having trained a padawan to Knighthood, and the Council is just choosing not to. When Anakin whines to Obi-Wan, there is no dialogue from Obi-Wan in response that states "You can't expect to be a Jedi Master without ever having a padawan become a Knight" or "But remember your failure with your padawan?"

To further muddy the issue, a new level of continuity was created for the new Star Wars TV shows. The live-action movie continuity ("G-canon") is still supposed to be superior to all, but the new TV continuity (T-canon") is wedged in under G but above the rest of the EU ("C-canon"). In other words, the new TV canon is not supposed to contradict the films, but it is allowed to contradict the rest of the EU, which would include the EU rule of Masters above. When T-canon contradicts the previously established EU, it's considered a retcon.

So the show doesn't have to go by that rule, but I bet it will. So if Ahsoka can't become a Knight, then what will happen to her? Yeah she could die. Other possiblities are that she will quit the Jedi Order or be expelled before becoming a Knight. If they don't want the drama to get too heavy (because it is a kids' show afterall), they will probably go for an option that won't kill her. Then she'll probably resurface in the rediculously far in the future EU continuity where Han Solo is 80 and she'll be even older.

I think the biggest clue about the fate of Ahsoka Tano was in the Clone Wars "movie" where she was introduced. Lucas is a fan of foreshadowing (a prime example of it is how Yoda summarized Anakin's eventual fall to the Dark Side in The Phantom Menace). Ahsoka Tano was asigned to Anakin more for his sake - Yoda thougt that it might benefit Anakin as a Jedi Knight to have a padawan. Yoda questioned whether Anakin will be able to let go of his Padawan or not...

I personally don't care what happens to "Snips" because I don't care for the cartoon myself. But I thought I would respond as I have a good understanding of Lucas and Star Wars continuity.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Leon The Lion
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great in-depth analisis. This Alphabet Soup Canon stuff is getting complicated! Razz That's why I personally don't much bother with it. I pick and choose what to use in my games, wrangle, cut, bend and squeeze it untill it all fits together and don't worry about the rest. The only unconditionally canonical things that I won't touch, except where things can be smuggled in subtly between the lines, are the movies (somewhat reluctantly in the case of the prequels if I'm to be entirely honest), and that is mostly for convienience - everybody knows the movies almost by heart.

Whill wrote:
I personally don't care what happens to "Snips" because I don't care for the cartoon myself. But I thought I would respond as I have a good understanding of Lucas and Star Wars continuity.

I'm very sad to hear it. I'm not too wild about the cartoon myself, but it can be entertaining, and there are some good ideas to st... A-hem, borrow Razz But I love Ashoka herself. She's a great character. I find her to be a very naturally and realistically written teenage girl. And she strikes some chord within me. She actually reminds me a lot of Rika, my PC's own padawan learner from the times I played the game rather than running it, whom I simply adored as an NPC. So she, and Rex, 'couse he's great too, are making an apperance in my current campaign, set some twelve-odd years after the fall of the Empire, as supporting characters.

Ashoka survived Order 66 (she was saved by Rex with whom she was at the time), and went on to have many dangerous adventures as she tried to evade the purge and finally went into hiding. She's curently something of a "Yoda-light", living as a hermit somewhere in the jungle near the Jedi academy on Yavin 4. Formally she's still a padawan - she was never knighted. Luke offered to make her a knight, or even a master, considering her experience, but she refused. As she said herself: "Too much fear, and pain, and loss".

Rex disobeyed Order 66 and helped Ashoka escape but they were soon separated and haven't met since. He had his own share of adventures and soul-searching, and finally joined the Mandalorians, clan Ordo, under an assumed name of Roland. Curently? He's the Mandalor... Very Happy
- Tom Lehrer
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are they won't kill her off in the series... Lucas has gone way too kid-friendly, "don't scare 'em" in the past several years to traumatize kids with a main character death. What they'll likely do is transition the series into an ambiguous ending or have it meld into the Ep.III material and simply have Tano fade into the background, leaving it completely ambiguous as to her fate.

That way it can be assumed she does in Order 66... or if they wish they can royally screw things over by having her surface later on in the continuity, again messing with the timeline continuity/canon.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if it was a movie and not cartoon grade, i agree they would definetly kill her off, probably in a scene of betrayal by Rex or something.
But in the clone wars series i can see her escaping somehow, maybe Rex warns her, gets her out of the danger and tells her to flee.
Just my thoughts.

Who knows maybe they will show it, hopefully Lucas will continue the series and see what happens when we get to that timeline.
Personnaly i like her character, i would like her to survive somehow.
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her as well. And I know my daughter, age 6, would be devastated if they were to show her dying.
Since Ahsoka is her favorite character.
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, not unlike the other Jedi, who come and go within the series they concentrate on only a few as primal characters. Like Ahsoka Tano.

Dont think Lucas would kill off a pivital, much loved character. I know she wasn't in the movies and we do see lots of deaths, im guessing that at some later point when the series draws closer to the movies we will see more darker traits within the clone wars series.

As mentioned, i wont be surprised if they stray away from her dying and just that she exiles herself in the outer rims somewhere, most likely story.
Bad for business to kill off a the much loved, cute character.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira Firestorm wrote:
Bad for business to kill off a the much loved, cute character.

Not always. It's all in execution. For example, Wash dying in Serenity... he was a great character, but his death didn't feel cheap. If done right, a main character death can actually be a highlight of a series/film.

Just imagine, for example, how incredible the last episode of Star Trek Voyager would have been if Voyager emerged from the wormhole to Earth as wreckage rather than a whole ship! I'd have flipped with awesome! Instead they made it home safe and sound... ho hum.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is rather obvious that as a character she was set up for some sort of a fall, and perhaps a death, that will affect Anakin in a very bad way by Filoni and Gilroy. I guess the only thing that could conceivably veto it is Unca George.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the three most likely fates for Asoka are:

1) Killed by Ventress or Grevious.

2) Turns to the Dark Side and Anakin has to hunt her down.

3) Sacrifices her life in some heroic way that saves Anakin or a bunch of innocents.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
I think the three most likely fates for Asoka are:

1) Killed by Ventress or Grevious.

2) Turns to the Dark Side and Anakin has to hunt her down.

3) Sacrifices her life in some heroic way that saves Anakin or a bunch of innocents.

#3 is most likely... though 1&2 would make for some seriously good drama.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: