The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Planet Log pdf and doc files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Planet Log pdf and doc files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Planet Log pdf and doc files Reply with quote

Hey all, I am putting together my player's guide book for my new campaign, and I have lots of neat pdf sheets for characters, vehicles, equipment etc, but does anyone have a decent Planet Log pdf that they wouldn't mind sharing? I need to put together about 10 of them for the guidebook and woldn't mind adding a Planet Log to my pdf collection. Even a word doc. would be very cool, then i could type it in, so if you have both, please share!!!

and That is why you fail...

Last edited by GMgreatness on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know which books blank Planet Logs show up in? All I have found it in is the Gamemaster screen revised and expanded. I don't have that in pdf, though I do have it physically, and my scanner is broke. Don't own a copy machine, and I have time now, to work on it. Sigh, well back to the search.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a planet summary sheet on page 79 of Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

There is also a planet log in Planets of the Galaxy Volume 1, which is part of the Star Wars Planets Collection. It'd be right after the introduction. Page 7, followed by tips for created a purpose for a world.

The one is GG8 is short and sweet, the one in PotG V1 is much more in depth. I even think they have a log for mapping out a whole system. Asteroids and the like.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your campaign guide.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS A TON!! I found what I was looking for in Planets of the Galaxy vol. 1. I have all three volumes in .pdf as well, so that was a huge help! I want to smack myself as I looked through volumes 2 and 3 late last night. I was completely frustrated when they didn't have what I was looking for and I didn't think to look at the pdf version I have of Volume 1, since I don't own a hard copy of that book. So I started looking elsewhere to no avail either. But problem solved and noted for future need!! Thanks again.

Oh, the players campaign guide is going to have about 20 pages of stuff crucial that the players know about our campaign setting, including copies of some of the basic rules, like damage charts, equipment lists and costs, popular Star Wars slang etc. Each player (all 5 of them) are new to the game, though some have played other versions of the SW rpg, or other Rpgs. Most importantly they all love Star Wars. So each player is going to get a copy of this Players guide, which should help them understand their surroundings and whats going on around them. It will have planet logs, info on some Npc's, known Imperial and Rebellion presence, as well as a look at a couple Pirate gangs that work these Space lanes. (They are going to run into one group the first session.) That's how I am going to get them all together, otherwise I don't see this group working together, they are all Fringe element based, ie Smugglers, Assassins, Tourists(kinda Fringe right), an ancient Null Arc who went rogue years and years ago etc. No one wanted to play Rebels, and surprisingly even though I offered it, no one wanted an Imperial character "known" or undercover. Hmmm, I always personally wanted to try an Imperial Character, well they are new to the game...so maybe some other campaign.

Anyway would there be an interest from the forum in me posting the finalized Guide? It is set in the Kira and surrounding systems along the Harrin and Enarc corridors, traveling out along the Hydian way,Rimman Trade Route, and Correlian Run a tad as well since they all intersect close by. We are starting in the year leading up to the events of Rotj. So if you know your SW history, and your quadrants, you would know at some point this year, a massive Rebel fleet starts massing at Sullust, and we are smack in the middle of that area. Should be fun.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing it when it's done.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it. Any contribution is useful as far as I'm concerned.

You never know when inspiration will strike...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: