The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Verpines are eating my Jawas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Verpines are eating my Jawas Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluissi don't get a +1D for taking double time, their normal time takes twice as long, they move slowly. It's meant to be a hindrance.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in some long drawn out fights about this one Raven and I started out on the other side.

The argument that won me over is that while the Sluissi are patient, if the Sluissi were slow on everything it would affect all of their skills, not just the technical ones. The Sluissi all but worship technology, that's why they go twice as slow as any other species, not because they are slower but because Sluissi care more about technology so they take twice the time. Taking twice the time is preparation, so they get the 1D preparation bonus.

Anyone can get the preparation bonus, Sluissi always take their time so I always give it to them.

And let me tell you, it is a hinderance. And a plot hook Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jame Rowe wrote:
Esoomian wrote:
I've ruled in the past that the verpine only gets +2D to skills they actually possess so if they haven't put points into it no +2D.

This rule is adopted.

Many i have played with are that way.

Quote:
Personally I always felt the Verpine were overpowered. I generally limit their special ability to +2D to every Tech roll when part of a Verpine Hive mind. In other words I treat the +2D as the other verpine being able to help them out instantaneously. Maxing out at +2D because they can only talk to so may other verpines in a limited amount of time.

That is an interesting way to do it, where they only get it when 'linked' to a hive mind.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...A similar thread to this regarding Verpine is in a thread under the "Tools" board. Check it out! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: