The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Galaxy of Intrigue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Galaxy of Intrigue Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Conversion - Galaxy of Intrigue Reply with quote

Since it seems Cheshire is well underway with the Scavenger's Guide to Droids conversion, I've decided not to mix things up right now and instead focus on the Galaxy of Intrigue conversion. Seems like an easy enough book.

Quote:
Fosh
Home Planet: Unknown
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 3D/4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+1
PERCEPTION 2D+2/4D+2
STRENGTH 1D+1/3D+1
TECHNICAL 1D+2/3D+2
Special Abilities:
Deceptive: A Fosh can reroll any con check, but must keep the second result, even if it is worse.
Healing Glands: Fosh can exude a powerful fluid from their tear ducts that can aid in the healing process for most species. A dose of healing tears has the same effect of using a medpac, and grants a +1D bonus to the first aid roll. After producing a dose of healing tears, the Fosh feels drained, suffering a -1D penalty to all skill uses until he rests for an hour.
Story Factors:
Hidden: Most Fosh prefer to stay on their homeworld. Thus, as their population is small, they have a reputation for being secretive.
Move: 10/11
Size: 1.3 meters on average
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue (pages 12-13)

cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasp* Two books at once? That's crazy talk! Smile

I'll be picking this book up soon. I should be able to jump in with the weapons and equipment sooner or later if you want to share the load.

No pressure, I'm just putting it out there.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like this thing is finally up and running. So here I go with my contribution in terms of reducing your workload.

Alien Species
D6 stats
Bith, Defel, Givin, and Gotal appeared in Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races.
Herglic and Mrlssi or Mrlssti appeared in Alien Encounters.

Converted from d20
Neimoidian and Umbaran have stats in Alien Stats that have been converted from Ultimate Alien Anthology.

New
Fosh has stats in Alien Stats, but there’s no conversion reference. I believe these were home-brew stats and might need to be updated.
Nyriaanan

Creatures
New
Lluma, Pherin, Chlovi cat

Droids
D6 stats
Cybot Galactica M4-series Messenger Droid appeared in Star Wars Adventure Journal #14.
BluJay B4J4 Security Droid appeared in Mission to Lianna.

Converted from d20
Genetech Corporation 3D-4 Series Administrative Droid has stats in Droids Stats that have been converted from Arms and Equipment Guide. However, it’s listed in Droid Stats as Genetech Corporation 3D-4X Series Administrative Droid. The entry needs to be updated.

New
Arakyd Industries 5-BT Threat Analysis Droid
Baktoid Combat Automata BL-series Battle Legionnaire
Corporate Sector Authority MRD-39B Assassin Droid
NR-1100 Slicer Droid
Tac-Spec Corporation FIII Footman Droid

Starships, Stations, and Vehicles
D6 stats
Mobquet Corona Limited Luxury Speeder has stats in Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook.
Modified Incom Corporation A-24 Sleuth has stats in Wanted by Cracken and Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunter. I believe the one in GG10 is the modified version, while the one in WbC is a standard.
Republic Engineering Corporation Ferret-class Reconnaissance Vessel and Prowler-class Reconnaissance Vessel have stats in Wanted by Cracken.

Converted from d20
SoroSuub Corporation JG-8 Luxury Landspeeder has stats in Vehicle Stats that have been converted from Arms and Equipment Guide.

New
Kuat Drive Yards PTV-2100 Incarcerator
Sabaoth Squadrons Frigate Spy Ship
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's really light thus far.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told you it was an easy book. That's whay I wanted to start tackling it, instead getting mixed up in the work you're doing with Scavenger's.

BTW, thanks for that, Forceally, it's a really nice aid.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know why it would be light on stats. Now I do. Since the Unknown Regions sourcebook is going to be the last one, I think this is the calm before the big send off. I'm thinking the last sourcebook is going to be big on stats. Maybe on the same scale as the Scavengers' Guide to Droids. I'm hoping for stats for the Vagaari in the last sourcebook.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the last one will have lots of new species, lots of new planets, but beyond that I'm not sure what the expect. The Galaxy of Intrigue is more of a GM guide than anything from what I've seen of it briefly. So, I'm not particularly surprised.

BTW, is there a lit of gear and guns that need to be converted in that?

You don't know how extraordinarily grateful I am to you in the formation of these lists. It really speeds my work along, particularly with Scavenger's Guide.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do the gears and guns, but I can try and compose a list for you. I do recall though from the WotC boards that people were complaining about the Xerrol Nightsinger stats in the books. And I seem to recall that you and Gry already have d6 stats for that. Don't know if they're WEG or converted from WotC, though.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no biggie, the guns and gear are much easier to cross reference anyway.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xerrol Nightstinger looks like it's pretty much the same as when it appeared in the Arms and Equipment Guide, which had good stats for it. The only slip-up is in the fluff text, where it says it uses a canister of exotic gas instead of a power pack. That's BS, every blaster has both a power pack and a gas canister, the only difference with the Xerrol is that its exotic gas only lasts for 5 shots, so it must be replaced much more often than the power pack, which is the opposite of what happens with normal blasters.

Here's the only new weapon:

Wrist Blaster
Type: Concealed wrist blaster
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: wrist blaster
Ammo: 1
Cost: 1,500
Availability: 2, R
Range: 3-5/10/20
Damage: 3D+2
Game Notes: Special alloys mask the wrist blaster from weapon sensors, detecting it with a sensor scan requires a Very Difficult sensors roll.
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue (page 64)
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Antitoxin Patch
Type: Immune system booster adhesive patch
Skill: First aid
Cost: 25
Availability: 1
Game Notes: Applied near the stomach, the patch emits a low dose of antitoxin, giving the wearer a +3D stamina bonus against ingested poisons, and +2D against inhaled poisons. A patch lasts for 24 hours. Wearing antitoxin patches continuously incurs a -1 pip penalty to all actions for each consecutive day of use.
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue (page 66)

Earbud Comlink
Type: Earpiece comlink
Skill: Communication
Cost: 200
Availability: 2
Range: 50 kilometers overland or up to low orbit
Game Notes: The earbud comlink gives the wearer +2D bonus to hide to conceal its presence. It can be programmed to initiate or receive a transmission when the wearer touches his ear or even clicks or grinds his teeth.

Flash Suppresor/Silencer
Model: Merr-Sonn NonSonic Silencer
Type: Firearm noise/flash suppresor
Skill: Blaster repair: modification
Cost: 1,200
Availability: 2, R
Game Notes: Absorbs the sound and muzzle flash of a firearm, imposing a -3D penalty to Perception checks to discern the sound or spot the flash of the fired slugthrower.
Source: Rules of Engagement – The Rebel SpecForce Handbook (page 62), Arms and Equipment Guide (page 38), Galaxy of Intrigue (page 66)

Holo Converter
Type: Holographic communication masker
Skill: Con
Cost: 3,000
Game Notes: The small device is attached to a holoprojector to modify the outgoing signal so that the user’s image and sound are disguised. It can even alter the user’s gender and species. Preset with 10 different personae, complete with rotating wardrobe, the holo converter grants a +2D con bonus for the user to impersonate another individual.

Panic Ring
Type: Personal emergency signaler
Cost: 300
Game Notes: Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, including a large ornamental ring, this device contains a concealed distress signal transmitter (locating the hidden activation button requires a Very Difficult search roll). The encrypted emergency signal has a 100 km range and continually broadcasts a preset signal to local law enforcement, personal security or any other designated group. Changing this signal requires a Very Difficult communications roll, and failure by 5 or more activates the panic ring.

The MerrSonn Silencer already had official WEG stats, but I decided to incorporate a bit of the Saga stats into it, cause the original "Absorbs the sound of a firearm, preventing the need for a Perception check when fired" didn't seem to make much sense.

It is so ridiculous how lazy Wizards is about giving their new items actual model names. They simply never do it! If you find the fluff text mentioning the in-universe model name of an item, you can rest assured the item has been converted from WEG.

It's also noteworthy that this book includes stats for the Earbud Comlink, an item that appeared only last week in The Clone Wars show.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

It is so ridiculous how lazy Wizards is about giving their new items actual model names. They simply never do it! If you find the fluff text mentioning the in-universe model name of an item, you can rest assured the item has been converted from WEG.

I've usually been pretty frustrated with that too. I usually give the items some sort of model name and number. The astute can sometimes find subtle references in them. Sometimes they're anagrams, and other times (especially if I feel that the WotC authors have ganked the item from another franchise) you'll see a reference to that. Example, in Scavenger's guide, there is a hidden holster located in a droid's thigh. That particular upgrade is produced by a company found within the movie from which the item is taken.

The conversions look good. It's funny because the panic ring is something that they've done in Firefly.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too keen on assigning our own model names to these items, though. the problem is that if afterwards some other book contains the same item, now with a proper model name, we will think they are two different items since they have have different model names.

Quote:
Redirection Crystal
Type: Blaster bolt redirection device
Skill: Blaster
Cost: 500
Availability: 4, R
Range: 3-10/20/40
Game Notes: A redirection crystal is filled with Tibanna gas and has a small blasting tube which must be preset at the desired firing angle. The sniper must hit it with a blaster bolt (the difficulty to hit is increased by +3D due to its small size), which ignites the gas and directs the blaster bolt though the crystal’s firing tube. A new attack roll must be made for the redirected bolt, using the device’s range and the blaster skill of the person who set up the device, with a -3D penalty. The damage is that of the original blaster bolt, but the crystal can only handle a bolt of up to 5D+2 damage. Xerrol Nightstinger rifles are sometimes used with the redirection crystal, which turns the weapon’s invisible bolt into a visible one, confusing the enemy as to the shot’s origin. Once hit, the redirection crystal is destroyed, leaving only minuscule fragments, requiring a Heroic investigation roll to notice and identify.
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue (page 67)

Shield Cage
Type: Ray shield trap
Skill: Security
Cost: 10,000
Availability: 3, F
Game Notes: A shield cage is a portable shield generator used to trap a target. It’s a large flat disk, 2 meters in diameter, which must be connected to a power supply to operate and drains portable power generators after 2 hours of continuous use. Multiple shield cages can be linked together to expand the shielded area. The shield is air permeable, allowing the target to breathe and communicate verbally. Anyone confined within the cage must make an opposed roll against the cage’s Strength of 7D to break out.

Vid-Vox Scrambler
Type: Video/audio/holo recording scrambler
Cost: 3,400
Availability: 3, F or R
Game Notes: The small handheld device emits a low-frequency wave that scrambles all video, audio, and holographic recordings within a 4-meter radius area, but leaves the actual conversation unaffected. Anyone using scanners to eavesdrop on protected targets must make a Heroic sensors or communications roll to pick up only fragments of images or scattered words and phrases. A scrambler can operate continuously for one week on a single power cell, or it can be connected to a generator or other permanent power source.

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

Its an heirloom from D&D, where that magical sword that has been passed down from generations to generation in the family of Hawktalons, and originally wrestled from the dead hands of the evil villain Lord Lugzan, is just a '+3 Sword'. Rolling Eyes
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bundar Root
Type: Mind affecting plant
Availability: 2, F
Game Notes: Causes short-term memory loss and affects a victim's ability to reason. When a creature ingests bundar root, it must make an Easy stamina roll every round or suffer a -2D penalty to all actions for that round. The poison attacks each round until cured with a successful Moderate first aid roll.
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue (page 65)

Chuba Poison
Type: Debilitating poison
Availability: 2, F
Game Notes: Potentially causing a stroke in a creature that ingests it, chuba is derived from glands of the gorg, a small amphibious creature found on swampy planets. When a creature ingests chuba poison, it must make a Moderate stamina roll or suffer a -1D penalty to all actions for 1D hours. If the roll fails by 10 or more, the victim remains in this condition until it receives extended treatment (three separate and successful Difficult first aid rolls, one per hour).

Devaronian Blood Poison
Type: Paralyzing stone
Availability: 3, R
Game Notes: A rare crystalline gem which is poisonous on contact. Each round that a creature is in contact with Devaronian blood-poison, it must make an Easy stamina roll. If the roll fails, the target is wracked with pain, can move only at half its Move score, and suffers a cumulative -1D penalty to all actions. If the accumulated penalties bring the target’s Dexterity score to zero, it is immobilized. The poison remains in effect until treated with a successful Difficult first aid roll.

Irksh Poison
Type: Yuuzhan Vong suicide poison
Availability: 4, X
Game Notes: Irksh poison is a deadly substance created by the Yuuzhan Vong for their undercover agents to use on themselves in case they are captured. When a creature ingests irksh poison, it must make a Moderate stamina roll or take 8D damage. If the stamina roll is successful, it takes only 4D damage. The poison attacks each round until cured with a successful Very Difficult first aid roll.

Quongoosh Essence
Type: Blinding poison
Availability: 3, R
Game Notes: When a creature ingests quongoosh essence, it must make an Easy stamina roll. If the roll fails, the target suffers a cumulative -1D penalty to Perception. The poison continues attacking each round until it brings the creature’s Perception score to zero, rendering it blind. The poison remains in effect until cured with a successful Moderate first aid roll.

Trihexalon
Type: Biological weapon
Availability: 4, X
Game Notes: Also known as Dragon's Breath or Hex, this potent biological agent comes in powder form and causes massive breakdown in organic material. Each round that a creature is in contact with trihexalon, it must make a Very Difficult stamina roll or take 10D damage. If the stamina roll is successful, it takes only 5D damage. At the GM’s discretion a Killed result may inflict the disintegration of the limb which suffered contact with the poison.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: