The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wajeb!

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Oh...and although I think all editions of D6 SW are awesome, I'm a First Edition guy. I like the slim, slam-bam-and-we're-gone feel of the first core rulebook. No Rules Upgrade. No Rules Companion. No Second Edition.

I'm actually starting to get the same way. I play a modified version of the game that's pretty much a Star Wars-skinned MiniSix, with re-organized skills and something similar to 1st Edition Force rules. We don't need three hundred page tomes to outline every possible situation you might encounter in play. I'd take thirty pages of streamlined guidelines over that, any day.
Zulgyan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello good folks at the Pit!

I'm an old SW fan from Argentina, with a predilection for the original trilogy, and a veteran D&D dungeon master with old-school tendencies.

I have never played any SW TRPG before, because my regular gaming friends are only interested in D&D.

Recently I joined a SW Fan club here in Buenos Aires, and many people have expressed interest in roleplaying, so I thought this was a great chance to finally get a SW game going!

After pondering the various d20 systems I found them plagued with technical and complex d20 type language, that I believe will totally alienate this guys who have never played RPGs before and just want to get the feeling of getting to play a character "as in the movies". I also checked the FFG version, and though it had gorgeous art, it was quite far away from my traditional gaming style.

So SW d6 seem like the perfect fit for what I was looking for! I will be using 1E cause I want to go with the simpler, most accesible version of them all. And after reading quite a lot about the differences bewteen 1E, 2E, 2E RnE and REUP, I think 1E really suits my personal gaming style!

I'm very happy to finally join the SW RPG experience!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Another porteño!

I'm originally from Buenos Aires myself (but my family and I moved to the US 2 months after I was born).

Anyway, welcome to the Pit and we hope you enjoy your stay. Smile 8) Smile
Petaja Khosen
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!
I'm a new member from Idaho who's played SWd6 since the beginning. I look forward to seeing what goes on around here.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the party pal.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, welcome.
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, new member from Norway here. I used to GM Star Wars 15-20 years ago. Not too long ago I stumbled upon some old books for sale at our version of Craigslist, then I discovered this site and the Holocron-site, and now I'm hooked again Smile

Haven't got a group ready yet, I became a father last year and have a busy job, so time is scarce at the moment, but during my paternity leave I had some time to start thinking about ideas for a new campaign, and planning and creating adventures is a lot of fun in itself, so currently I'm in research and writing mode.
Hopefully I'll have some time later on to start playing SW again (I'm currently playing other RPGs with two other groups, and it's already hard to find time for that)

My main "problem" is that all the friends I have that could be useful to discuss my campaign with are potential players, so I have no-one to bounce ideas with. Hopefully I can get some help from you guys, I've already been lurking a while and read a lot of interesting discussions.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
Hi guys, new member from Norway here. I used to GM Star Wars 15-20 years ago. Not too long ago I stumbled upon some old books for sale at our version of Craigslist, then I discovered this site and the Holocron-site, and now I'm hooked again Smile

Haven't got a group ready yet, I became a father last year and have a busy job, so time is scarce at the moment, but during my paternity leave I had some time to start thinking about ideas for a new campaign, and planning and creating adventures is a lot of fun in itself, so currently I'm in research and writing mode.
Hopefully I'll have some time later on to start playing SW again (I'm currently playing other RPGs with two other groups, and it's already hard to find time for that)

My main "problem" is that all the friends I have that could be useful to discuss my campaign with are potential players, so I have no-one to bounce ideas with. Hopefully I can get some help from you guys, I've already been lurking a while and read a lot of interesting discussions.

Congratulations on fatherhood.

My kids are teens now and role-players... perhaps yours will be too. Smile
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Straxus. This is a pretty good place to bounce ideas around. I hope the new campaign works out well for you.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm actually posting this well after I first started reading and posting on the forms (by, like, a week or two?).

Anyway, I'm a new member from Philadelphia. I've been kind of getting back into old school RPGs lately, amassing a collection of old rule- and sourcebooks for Star Wars and AD&D (mostly focusing on 1E for both). Some of this is just my own rediscovery of the game, and some of it is fueled by a theory that some day I'll play these with my daughter (who is currently just a baby, so I've got time to actually learn the systems and how to GM).

The vast bulk of my experience, aside from reading rulebooks, has been through CRPGs going back to the old SSI Gold Box adventures that I played on an Apple IIC. But I'm game to get into pen and paper gaming, because I think it offers infinitely more freedom and chance for creativity, which is the real reason I want to introduce my kid to it all some day (I'm big on instilling a sense of imagination and creativity).

My biggest issues in all of this are the fact that I know literally nobody who actually plays any of this stuff locally (I have friends who play other games, but not AD&D or WEG's Star Wars), and I really don't have a ton of time to devote to long gaming sessions. I'd be happy to GM stuff, but...I've never done that before and it probably makes more sense to learn the experience of a player before GMing.

Anyway, that's me.

Straxus, I feel your pain, man. Fatherhood is awesome, but between that, work, and a wife who's a medical resident, time is at a premium and usually in blocs smaller than 2 hrs at a clip (since that's about how long my kid will nap for).
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
...I'm a new member from Philadelphia...

Welcome, fellow Pennsylvanian. Smile
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations guys.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
I've been kind of getting back into old school RPGs lately, amassing a collection of old rule- and sourcebooks for Star Wars and AD&D (mostly focusing on 1E for both).

Yesss. 8) Throw in Call of Cthulhu (1E-6E) and you’ve got the Big Three RPGs, I’d say!
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Solo4114 wrote:
I've been kind of getting back into old school RPGs lately, amassing a collection of old rule- and sourcebooks for Star Wars and AD&D (mostly focusing on 1E for both).

Yesss. 8) Throw in Call of Cthulhu (1E-6E) and you’ve got the Big Three RPGs, I’d say!

Unless I miss my guess, you post under the same handle at Dragonsfoot, right?

I never played Call of Cthulhu...but I've got a 2nd printing copy of Deities and Demigods! Very Happy
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that’s me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

Jump to: