The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody.
I'm been a Star Wars RPG D6 fan since the middle 90's. Unofrtunatley I haven't been able to play lately becuase I'm not in touch with my group anymore (moved away). But there are a couple of people I still talk to on occasion and we've talked about getting a online adventure going to see how that goes.

Anyways its great to see a site like this where we can talk about the best version of Star Wars RPG ever produced. See ya all around the boards.
JonnyBot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I just started getting into Star wars D6 about two months ago and I must say it is fantastic. I love it. Just wanted to say hi.
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please allow me to introduce myself. I forget exactly when I started playing RPGs. It was some time in the early 90s. I was a D6 Star Wars game master for a couple of years, and then switched to an inferior game. I like this other game alright, but I've just run out of good quality material for it.

So I came out of Star Wars retirement. I dusted off the few books I own, and realized, "Wow, I don't have enough to run a campaign." Players were plenty, but sourcebooks were few. So I consulted the modern day oracle, and here I am. I quite like it here, and I think I'll stay. My new campaign starts the 7th of July.
Neb
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Reply with quote

Hello.

My old playing group from the late 80's and early 90's dabbled in SW D6 but I never recall a campaign. Just a lot of character creation and coming up with ideas but no adventures. Mostly we were all swept up into AD&D or Palladium stuff like Robotech and Heroes Unlimited. Over time my playing group moved as we graduated from high school and some from college.

Fast foward to the present, three of us have regathered along with four newbies to rpging on Thursday nights for a AD&D game. With that game winding down, I polled my players as to what they would like play next. Surprisingly to me, they all seemed to want to try SW D6 since two of them still have the base books. I agreed that I would be willing to GM if I could find some resources (base books, adventures, sourcebooks, etc). This is what led me to this site, a simple Google search. Since discover this site and some e-bay auctions, I have to admit that I seem to be getting ready for the challenge of GMing D6.

There is my introduction.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.. I have been playing/running WEG:SW since the mid 90's. I think the longest running campaign our group ever had was my Darkstryder campaign. We ran for almost a year real time on that one.. made it half way through the Kathol Outback Razz

anyhow.. I have posted a few times on the board, so I figured it was time to say a "Hello all" post.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, peoples. I'm Argamoth. I've started to tinker with the StarWars RPG, currently I'm trying to adapt it to a Robotech-esque setting, which pretty much involves coming up with new species, vehicles, and tweaking the force.

So yeah.

All the playable races are pretty much done. Though I need to make sure attribute limits and special abilities aren't overpowered. Vehicles are going to be lots of fun, I'll probably get a standard list using the rulebook and Imperial sourcebook and make variants. Any advice would be helpful. Though I should probably ask that in the house rules or gamemaster section....
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, New to these forums, old, old, old, old to roleplaying. I have been roleplaying for about 18-19 years, and Game Mastering for about 17-18. In this time I have played more games than I can remember, GMed more games than I can remember, and between playing and GMing have been exposed to more games than I think even exist (no really, beta-tests, play tests, house rules, my own designs...). I have a long list of experience with Rules systems, ranging from the more common and well known AD&D 1st&2nd (true second, not 2nd revised), and Palladium(almost their whole line of games), to the Call of Cthulu & Elric system by Chaosium, to Runequest, to more more obscure RPGs like DC Heros, Marvel Heros, BootHill, Aliens, Living Steel, and the really old Star Trek game (non WEG). I have made many house systems and collections of House rules from elements I liked in different games. Most Importantly, I have been GMing Star Wars by WEG since it's first Release (1st Edition). Through the early years, I had only 4-5 books that were all I needed (I consider the core books of the game) which were the 1st Editions of the Rulebook, Imperial Sourcebook, Rebel Sourcebook, and Sourcebook... I picked up the 2nd edition sourcebook when it was released, and imediately adapted the wild die and scaling rules, but mostly still use a modified 1st edition core for my games (I have my reasons). Over the years I have collected a large stockpile of D6 books, up until about mid 90's when good hobby stores and jobs in my area became really scarce. I have GMed star Wars now for over 17 years, and now use a vary house rule heavy system for the force and dark side, but still use the primary 1st edition core for the rest, with a few house rules here and there for combat.
Of all the games I have ever played, I have 4 that are among my all time favorites, not for the world or background, but for their system, and those are: WEG D6 (a la Star Wars), Mekton II (not Z or Fusion!), Chaosium Core (including the liscensed rules for Runequest & Elfquest), and DC Heros (though I discard all their characters and world info and run my own).
I was very saddenned when WEG lost the Star Wars liscense. Star Wars is not suited to a D20 , Hack and slash, level based game system... Don't get me wrong, I have played many D20 based systems, and they have their uses.

I have only recently revisited the Idea of a Star Wars game after a several year hiatus. It was brought on by several things: A growing group of my friends and fellow Star Wars fans expressed displeasure with Discrepencies in the new Star Wars prequels (not getting into further discussion), and one of them approached me wondering if I would be interested in playing a Star Wars game he was going to run. Absolutely! and when he learned of my Star Wars RP knowledge he asked for help and resources from my collection, which I was glad to provide...unfortunately he moved away before the game took of Sad But now I got a bee in my bonnet, I want to play again! So now, I am undertaking a very ambitious project, starting a brand new, and tricky campaign, which is what led me to these forums. Looking to see if other fans out there had the same ideas I had and if I could find some ready made source material for my game...

<B>Argamoth</B>,
Slightly offtopic, but, one thing that might help your conversion, change the force rules to "Spirita" rules as described in the Macross universe maybe? If you do a search for Macross RPG related material on the web, their are may great sites that have info on this. I suggest this because Robotech 1-36 are re-writes and edits of Macross. I would be happy to help with other conversion notes too, point me to your other thread?
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start up a thread in the Adventure section.
Snow Nalroni
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo, folks! Sort of new to the forums! I've lurked around a bit, scanned the PDF thread, looked for stats for the Nalroni. All that good stuff! I'm just starting into the WEG books and I'm finding them to be great sources of info, already so I'm excited.
I RP in Star Wars Galaxies and anywhere that suits at the time. Smile

I'm an artist and hobby writer. (Nothing stellar, just when the whim strikes)
I'm a bit limited on my PDFs for now but I'm willing ot share what I have! Greetings to all!
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chello!

Just wanted to add my name to Hiya" list!

Been played SW since it first came in 87...has it been so long? Had some interesting campaigns over the years, but set it aside around the time time Episode 1 came out.

But now we're ready to rumble once more!!! lol

Later,

Tony
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm fairly new here. This site is awesome!!! Been roleplaying SW d6 off and on since the mid-90's. Finally back with a very stable group who want a long haul of it. Smile Looked at a lot of other RPG's, but other than SW, I've only played DnD...and only played it one session. Didn't care for it, so basically SW d6 was all I've ever known or played...and all I care to.

Anyway, hadn't played in a two years or so until about a two months ago some friends and I needed a hobby to get away from the wives and kids and jobs and what-not. SO I suggested SW d6 rpg. Two of our players had never played any RPG before in their life...and me and the other two have. Though one of them was a d20'er and suggested that we play that instead because it was newer...and he hadn't heard of d6 much anyway. I said NO. After our first session, he agreed that d6 was VASTLY superior. Wink

Anyway, we game one night a week and more or less make up our own SW universe. We have a blast. This site and others (rpgamer's in particular) have been most useful. Great home made source material out there that I never knew existed or was possible back when I first started playing.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Howdy Y'all Reply with quote

Hey there! I'm new to the forums, but I've been lurking here for some time. I've been a Star Wars freak since I was 7 years old. I've been playing the WEGs D6 version since it was published.

Anywho, just thought I'd say Howdy!
Jah'Wimbee
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: TheGeekery.Net is back! Reply with quote

Greetings all,
Always a starwars fan, since seeing episode IV in the theaters as a mere lad. This site has been the primary resource I direct SW gamers I know to for initial character gen ideas since discovering it a number of years back.
www.thegeekery.net will be back online soon, in an attempt to compliment therancorpit.com with ship information. Hopefully we can set up link sharing.
If you take submissions to fill in the racial gaps, I may know a couple people with a love for the d6 game that might assist in finishing the race info compilation you have up. (I've always wanted to see the listed races page fully linked.)

Jah'Wimbee
Jedi_Master_One
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I am new to the D6 universe and began just a few months ago. I found this forum as a result of a google search and have been a frequent visitor ever since. i have also been a big Star Wars fan since I was a child and now am getting into role playing. Anyway, have a good one all and keep 'em coming -- the introductions that is.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I've posted in just about every other thread here I figured I oughta put one in here as well. I'd been referred here by a friend when I was after an online Force Power list, and I have benefitted greatly from the resources I found [i]before[i] I discovered the forums. But since getting involved with them I've been able to shake a lot of the rust off my playing skills, which is giving me new ideas for my writing.

I've been a huge SW fan since it came out in '77. I've been out of the RP circuit for a number of years, but have continued using my favorite characters from my roleplaying days in a continuing story board on another site. They're both Jedi; one is about on par with Obi-Wan Kenobi, the other is around Luke at the beginning of ROTJ.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 4 of 64

Jump to: