The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, Gry! Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Welcome aboard! The Rebellion against the evil Empire grows...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I think you'll like it here. Very Happy 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T-3PO
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this seems to be the place to make introductions, please allow me to say hi.

I played a little of the D6 SW back in the late 80's until our group went our separate ways, but now we're all mostly within driving distance so I'm back into playing RPG's again, thankfully. I'm a graphic/web designer that muddles around in 3D as well, so I hope to add LOTS of material to the RancorPit - new ships with pics & floorplans, campaigns, characters, etc.

Thanks to ALL who post here and especially those who work on this site - this is a true Godsend and oasis to the RPG community as a whole.

Long live D6 SW!!!

PS - Saw Ep3 last night @ midnight. VERY good. Thank you, George!
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and salutations.

So there I was, in my FLGS, hoping to pick up Under the Shadow for the Midnight set, which wasn't in, and I thumb through the used books section...my FLGS owner had just had a box fll of Star Wars D6 books fall into his lap and, on a silly impulse buy, I bought everything he had for half off.

Oy.

Now the obsessive in me has been set off...=P

Hi, I'm Tommy, and I just decided to get into the Star Wars RPG...the good one, I mean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Baruch
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy,
Well, I actually came upon this site looking for some old sourcebooks and rulebooks...not only did I find them, but I also found a community of helpful and entertaining people.

I am called Baruch, and I am a graphic/web designer, dealing in php, html, asp, and all that jazz. Some have called me a hippy, beatnik, indie-guy, or whatnot, while others prefer the terms geek, nerd, and dweeb. Still others insist on calling me the drama-king, the actor, or the thespian. All these names fit me, some a bit more-so than others. Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope I may benefit some of you as greatly as you have benefited me.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!
Red Freak
Cadet
Cadet

Location: Bothell WA. USA, Earth, Sol sector, Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I think I'll introduce myself now.
I surfed into this site a while back looking for something to supplement my game that I am about to kick off. My group usually plays the LOTR rpg game and I wanted to try something different. Well I suggested STAR WARS and the vote was unanimous(SP?). Well one of our guys has an allergy to WOTC so I said lets do WEG! I have lots of the books (including 1-12 adventure journals!) Well I have been scrambling to get a game rolling. We meet on Friday the 3rd of June and I think I'll make it!
Since most of the guys don't have the rulebooks I have been stripping the text outta the rulebooks and compiling them in pdf's without the pictures. Man does THAT shrink the file size! So far I have the introduction chapter with the basic setup and chapters 2, 4+5 half of 3 thats a long one. Well anyway this site has been just what I needed...
I have been happy to share Wink what I have with you all(in the tools forum)...
Not bad for a Steamfitter from the Great Northwest eh?
I love this site! Keep it up!
Rich "Red Freak" Wishon
Lycan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. My real name is Sascha and I am 23 years old and i am from germany. I play star wars d6 with my friends for 10 years and of course we play some other rpg games to: Shadowrun and Vampire - the masquerade. I found this site via google, when I was looking for some d6 stuff. And its really great here. Well, today I registered here because I think, its a good place to talk with other star wars d6 fans. ( even if my english is not perfect, but I'll try to write as good as possible ).

Lycan
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you here, Lycan.

And do not worry about your English too much. We don't worry about ours. Laughing
miles
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all,
Im new here as well.found this site looking for good d6 material and didnt realize how great this site turned out to be!Thank god there are other people that love star wars d6 as much as myself(D20 makes me ill).
I hope that maybe in the future i can also help contribute to the site as much as it has already helped me with my star wars colllection.Thank you.
Warhippo
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I'm the latest noob here. Loads of RPG experience but not a great deal od D6 Star Wars. Hopefully, that's about to change.

Jon
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I will introduce myself.

I have been playing RPG's since I was a wee lad.
I started with Blackmoor and then went to Basic D+D.
I have been playing for about 22 years. I have played every rpg that you can name and my personal favorite out of all of them is Star Wars D6. I love skill based games and Star Wars really gives me that Cinematic feel. I run the games in my group (I hate being a player) and right now I am running a SW D6 campaign with some old players. I enjoy tweaking and changing stories (Read Infinities Star Wars comics to see what I mean.) just to see how they end.

I have really enjoyed this forum and I salute all who make this such a joy to come to everyday.

I look forward to many interesting and enjoyable discussions on this Forum.

Wink
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings to al lmy fellow D6 Star Wars fans Very Happy
Well I am glad to see that there are still places on the net for us D6 fans. I gave the D20 version a decent shot bought quite a few sourcebooks, but there is no comparison. I have been playing RPG's since 1986. I started with AD&D, worked in some Dangers International, went on to some more AD&D and then AD&D 2nd ed. Played most of the different Palladium RPG's including TMNT. and then in 1994 i got to play WEG's Star Wars, since then i have not wanted to play any other RPG. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it Very Happy

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 3 of 64

Jump to: