The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starfall Special Edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Starfall Special Edition Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Starfall Special Edition Reply with quote

“Starfall The Special Edition”

Well for “Starfall” I started by making the Victory Class a Venator Class Star Destroyer (so I can use the cut away book and my little space ship model).

I then made it High Inquisitor Tremayne’s Star Destroyer (from Galaxy Guide 9) the Interrogator.

I changed the title to “The Fall of the Interrogator” (cuz that’s what the story is really about).

I replaced Wallex Blissex with Adar Tallon (so it’s now a sequel to “Tatooine Manhunt”). (I got this idea from another poster here who swapped things the other way around)

Tallon's daughter (now Lira Tallon) isn't dying – she was trying to defect to the Alliance and the Empire caught Adar when he showed up at the pickup point to recruit her.

I’m using it a jumping off point for a new campaign with mostly new players (only one of them was in “T. Manhunt”). So most of them aren’t Rebels to start with they are just people who pissed off the Empire. (But Tallon will offer them a place in the Rebellion at the end of the story).

I added an extra episode where Tremayne or some Imperial Warden (depending on the importance of the prisoner) interviews each of the heroes to explain what sort of torture, drugs, psychological manipulation, and emotional blackmail they can expect in the next couple of days. So now they are REALLY motivated not to get recaptured. Oh and the non-rebels have learned that the Empire is in fact much more evil then they ever thought.

It is NOT clear to the players (or Adar himself) that Tallon’s daughter is evil. She appears to have accidently led the heroes into a trap. And Tremayne is threatening to torture her to get info from Adar. (In reality she’s going to turn out to be Tremayne’s lover – but the players won’t find that out until AFTER they try to rescue her from Tremayne’s personal quarters/torture room).

We did our first session on Sunday. Went well. The PCs got out of the Detention Block by the end of the evening.

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Starfall Special Edition Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
“Starfall The Special Edition”

Well for “Starfall” I started by making the Victory Class a Venator Class Star Destroyer (so I can use the cut away book and my little space ship model).

I then made it High Inquisitor Tremayne’s Star Destroyer (from Galaxy Guide 9) the Interrogator.

I changed the title to “The Fall of the Interrogator” (cuz that’s what the story is really about)...

Sounds really cool! Please tell us how it all turns out.

JT Swift wrote:
I replaced Wallex Blissex with Adar Tallon (so it’s now a sequel to “Tatooine Manhunt”). (I got this idea from another poster here who swapped things the other way around)

Glad to be a of service. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually borrow (read:steal) this idea, or at least part of it.. (Ill save Tremaine for later as the players are at most advanced rookies yet). Smile
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I’m still saving Tremayne. The player’s interactions with him are the same as Leia’s interactions with Vader in Episode IV. (Lots of chit-chat after being captured but barely a glimpse of him after escaping from the cell).

I’ve been working him into the background of most of my stories with my other SW group (yes, I’m running two D6 Star Wars campaigns). He either just left. Or he’s about to arrive. This will be the first story when the players believe he could walk around the corner at any minute (though he wont – at least not until they’re prepping the shuttle for take off).

Basically I’m trying to give the PCs the idea that Tremayne is directly or indirectly causing most of the problems the heroes have to face.
Twisted Evil

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our last campaign a few years back Tremayne were a reappearing villain with (at least after a few encounters) a personal vendetta against the 'rebel group' (in reality fringe characters fighting the Empire through the Rebellion) known as Rainbow Warriors Wink
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Tremayne's always a good choice for a recurring nemesis, especially for rising players that are not worth the attention of more powerful enemies (Tremayne's bad enough). Some interesting twists in that modification of the module!

...Ever thought of writing out a script for that run? Who knows, you might get published!? Wink
McKinley
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Starfall... It has a great pace. my favorite adventures are the counting clock ones.

schnarre wrote:

...Ever thought of writing out a script for that run? Who knows, you might get published!? Wink

Thats not a bad Idea. I'd like to run alternative versions of the classic adventures.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...A great thing about those classic adventures is that they don't require much modification to fit one's campaign setting! I've seen Abduction of Crying Dawn Singer with the Max Rebo band present as rival musicians in a battle of the bands. A number of variants to Tatooine Manhunt & other adventures have been put forward here as well.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
Oh, I’m still saving Tremayne. The player’s interactions with him are the same as Leia’s interactions with Vader in Episode IV. (Lots of chit-chat after being captured but barely a glimpse of him after escaping from the cell).

I’ve been working him into the background of most of my stories with my other SW group (yes, I’m running two D6 Star Wars campaigns). He either just left. Or he’s about to arrive. This will be the first story when the players believe he could walk around the corner at any minute (though he wont – at least not until they’re prepping the shuttle for take off).

Basically I’m trying to give the PCs the idea that Tremayne is directly or indirectly causing most of the problems the heroes have to face.
Twisted Evil

I have replaced Tremayne with an 'old aquantaince' of one of the PCs modelled around Lord Malgus from the Betrayed TOR trailer (not the actual character, just the looks). How did you set the players up to be captured? The problem is here that you dont want the players to feel railroaded, but also not want them to fight to the death.. Basically, how did they end up inside the detention blocks? Did Adar meet his daughter on the ship where the trap was sprung?

Ive seen that JT hasnt been posting for a while, so if someone else have any ideas please feel free to join in!
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ran “Starfall” it was the first adventure of a new campaign. So only one of the players was already a rebel [the ONLY survivor of Talon’s bodyguards]. The rest were whatever the players had created and had been arrested by the Empire for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of the PCs knew each other. But most of the characters [and the players for that matter] didn’t know each other.

I just started with then all in their cells. And made “Starfall” the story where they all got together for the first time. By the end of the story the Empire was convinced they were all Rebels and the PCs all hated the Empire. So [with a little help from the one Rebel PC] they all joined the Alliance.

Sorry for my lack of posting. Real life [and GMing 2 gaming groups every week] keeps me pretty busy.

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
When I ran “Starfall” it was the first adventure of a new campaign. So only one of the players was already a rebel [the ONLY survivor of Talon’s bodyguards]. The rest were whatever the players had created and had been arrested by the Empire for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of the PCs knew each other. But most of the characters [and the players for that matter] didn’t know each other.

I just started with then all in their cells. And made “Starfall” the story where they all got together for the first time. By the end of the story the Empire was convinced they were all Rebels and the PCs all hated the Empire. So [with a little help from the one Rebel PC] they all joined the Alliance.

Sorry for my lack of posting. Real life [and GMing 2 gaming groups every week] keeps me pretty busy.

Ah, unfortunately Im not in that convenient position... Crying or Very sad

I have to play this through in some way with the net result of them being captured. I have played it in a similar way as a player once, but my guess is that this is about 20 years ago.... Shocked

I have a slight recollection of being on one of those common lift platforms that suddenly stopped about 10m before reaching the next floor. Then a lot of storm troopers appeared throwing lots of stun grenades down the shaft...
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For capturing them remember that the whole thing is a trap from the get go. So having rooms rigged with multiple stun grenades and multiple canisters of knock out gas. All remotely triggered.

Follow that up with with LOTS Stormtroopers led by a Royal Guard [or just use StormCommandos] using combined fire with riot guns (the stun veriety) and tangle guns. Remember the stormies get to ignore the vision penalties from the gas. Add Demp guns and more stun grenades to taste.

Alternately you can always use oderless colorless sleep gas when they are mostly asleep on Kwenn Space Station. Lira can be taken 'hostage' and Wallex Blissex can order the heroes to put down their weapons.

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
For capturing them remember that the whole thing is a trap from the get go. So having rooms rigged with multiple stun grenades and multiple canisters of knock out gas. All remotely triggered.

Follow that up with with LOTS Stormtroopers led by a Royal Guard [or just use StormCommandos] using combined fire with riot guns (the stun veriety) and tangle guns. Remember the stormies get to ignore the vision penalties from the gas. Add Demp guns and more stun grenades to taste.

Alternately you can always use oderless colorless sleep gas when they are mostly asleep on Kwenn Space Station. Lira can be taken 'hostage' and Wallex Blissex can order the heroes to put down their weapons.

I need a force sensitive baddie to take care of (or even better intimidate) our two (failed)Jedis... I really want the characters inprisoned while they wait for the real interrogator (an Inquisitor who will show up in the end) so at the start maybe a Shadow Guard together with some troopers from the 501:st Twisted Evil
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:

One of the easier ways i had them captured when they were on the ship (leading into the starfall module) was the area of corridor they were in suddenly got a LOT heavier (grav was bumped upp to 8 or 9)... then the air was sucked out till they all passed out...
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting; after a briefing, my Force Sensitive is claiming that his character (a member of the Rebellion) is going to have to object/potentially defy orders and abstain from the mission because he believes that Blissex's capture will result from the mission (well, he's not wrong about that) and that Blissex will be forced to create a new, better Star Destroyer, thus putting the Rebellion and untold lives at risk, and thus he cannot be a part of it; in his words:
"So, can we just not let Blissex go whereever the heck he wants to go? Like, just not take him into Imperial territory? The mission is to protect him. This is the most efficant way to do that. Because, here's the thing. He sounds like a stupid idiot. And he doesn't really have a good reason to do this thing. AND HE'S GONNA GET CAPTURED AND FORCED TO DESIGN A NEW STAR DESTROYER!!! And as a Jedi, I simply cant allow that to happen. I can't allow him to risk the lives of everyone in the galaxy. I'm afraid I really don't have a choice. He's risking lives, to allow him to do so would be a dark side action."

I am preparing a backup character, already captured aboard the Subjugator, for him to play as in case his character is arrested and court martialed for mutiny...

Hard core OT, all the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: