The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I found it!!!!!!! (stats for stuff I made up for my game)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> I found it!!!!!!! (stats for stuff I made up for my game) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should i keep posting 4x6 cards on here, and will anybody use this stuff?
no, you and your foul cards go where you came from
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
go ahead and post, but i dont think we will use this stuff
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
post more cards, yes i do plan on using some of this stuff in my game
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 31

bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first entry into the realm of slugthrowers. these are things gun runners sell to primitives to help them kill each other and start arms races.

20mm low pressure shells are almost identical to 10 ga slugs, but more powerful.

this is a basic single shot bolt action slug rifle. it can be equipped with a bayonet, muzzle brake, sling, telescopic sight, and some other attachments. The recoil rating of 2D+2 means that a character with less than str 2D+2 has -1d to hit when shooting. if they roll a 1 on their wild die, they roll the weapon's recoil code for damage against themselves, though it cannot do more than "wounded"
In addition, there are ammo bandoliers that hold 20 shells.

bayonet (str+2d damage, easy diff. requires an easy firearms roll to mount, if the character is not familiar with the weapon. costs 25 credits)

muzzle brake (lowers recoil code to 2D+1, requires moderate firearms repair skill roll to install. costs 25 credits)

bandolier (holds 20 shells, costs 25 credits)

The Chijawa said so, that's why.

Last edited by bobenhotep on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice- keep it comin'.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at some stuff DOD was coming out with, and a SW version of the "big dog robot" might be cool. I might make it humanoid, with a good comms and first aid skill, and the ability to carry a wounded soldier. just a thought... but i will show how the slug rifle evolves into a cartridge blaster, so that the primitives can kill each other better, and gun runners can get rich...might also repost my turret rules here, or a turret or two built on those rules.

bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now to awaken a five and a half year dead thread about stuff I made twenty years ago. I started running Star Wars for my wife and kids recently. I did what I always did before, inventing things to insert into stories that are not "in the books". Here is an ancient invention called a "cartridge blaster". These weapons are often sold to primitive warlords after you sell the other side in their war armor strong enough to defeat the slugthrowers you sold them a couple years ago. These weapons are sometimes called "blaster muskets" or just "muskets". Being as primitive as a weapon can be and still be a true blaster, they use cartridges that contain blaster gas as well as a capacitor and a fixed orifice that links to an unregulated ancestor of the Heter Valve. The exciter and actuating module are similarly unregulated all or nothing devices. The cartridges are loaded and unloaded via a bolt action mechanism to make them familiar enough to primitives that they can learn to use them quickly. Poorly made versions of these weapons can inflict damage on par with modern blasters, but if one invests the time and credits into using well made components the musket can be a weapon with superior range and damage.

Typical Blaster Musket

scale-character
skill-blaster:blaster rifle
range-3-40/80/320
damage-5D+2
ammo-1 (cartridges are 10-60 credits for a box of 10)
cost-500 credits (can be much more on backwater worlds)
availability-3,r or 2 on some primitive worlds

Improved Firing Assembly

This set of components uses more superconducting materials, galven assemblies with fewer impurities, and better lenses. They work together to more efficiently utilize the cartridge, which has the added benefit of producing less heat.

Install Skill-blaster repair, difficulty Easy
Range- increases long range to 360m
Damage- increases to 6D+1
Cost- 1000 credits (200 credits extra for technician to install)
Availability- 3,r or 4 on primitive worlds

Extreme High Grade Firing Assembly

This is an even higher grade version of the improved firing assembly.

Install Skill-blaster repair, difficulty Moderate
Range- increases long range to 400m
Damage- increases to 7D
Cost- 2500 credits (500 credits extra for technician to install)
Availability- 4,r or 4 on primitive worlds, maybe non-existent

bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a repost of my turret rules that I posted about 6 years ago. I am going to post some "example" turrets as well.

turrets always cost 1000 cred per ton of weapon in my game.
(a turret to hold a 4 ton laser cannon costs 4000 cred)

labor to install one is as much as the cost of the turret.
(the turret above would cost 4000 to install)

if you wanted a turret to hold more weight you had to rip it out and replace it.
(you couldnt put a 5 ton laser cannon on that turret)

you always could have a bigger turret than you needed for planning ahead for later.
(so you could put a 2 ton gun on the above turret)

turrets weigh half as much as the weapons they carry.
(the above turret takes up 2 tons of ship)

fire control works in 2 modes; emergengy and normal.

-normal mode the gunner moves the sights and the gun(s) follow the sights. the fire control computer comes up with a ballistic solution based on movement, range, etc and compensates. this is where the extra dice come from. a bright amber light labelled "fire control malfunction" will turn on if fire control is off-line. a character with a gunnery skill will know to flip the fire control switch to "emergency mode"

The GM can opt to, when dramatically appropriate, have the fire control malfunction light turn on instead of having a shields blown/ ionization result for damage.

-emergency mode the gunner moves the gun with his controls and the sights follow the gun(s). the gunner has to lead targets and manually compensate for everything.
(emergengy mode has 0D fire control)

-upgraded fire control stuff exists, and can be bought. but it should be like 1000 for a pip, and maybe 3000 for 2 pips. id make it pricey to fix ,too.

Turret Examples

2 ton capacity turret for a light freighter
cost-2000 credits (installation labor 2000 credits)
weight-1 ton
notes-this turret assembly can carry and power up to two tons of starship weaponry. The weight of weapons mounted on this turret will count against the cargo weight the ship can carry.

3 ton capacity turret for a light freighter
cost-3000 credits (installation labor 3000 credits)
weight-1.5 tons
notes-this turret assembly can carry and power up to three tons of starship weaponry. The weight of weapons mounted on this turret will count against the cargo weight the ship can carry.

4 ton capacity turret for a light freighter
cost-4000 credits (installation labor 4000 credits)
weight-2 tons
notes-this turret assembly can carry and power up to four tons of starship weaponry. The weight of weapons mounted on this turret will count against the cargo weight the ship can carry.

Improved stabilization gyroscopes/ interlink
cost-1000 credits (installation 100 credits or moderate starship weapons repair roll)
weight-no greater than standard stabilization gyro, so the upgrade does not affect cargo. The improved gyro assembly and interlink are a white box with tabs for holding it in place, and power and data connectors on the end. It is about the size of a large shoe box and weighs about 10 kilos.
notes- adds +1 to fire control to connected turret, as long as the normal mode fire control is active. Has no effect if turret is functioning in emergency mode.

bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient repeating blaster (picture of model 1917 browning machine gun cut up and moved around)

Model: Blas-Tech MB-10 light repeating blaster
Scale: Character
Skill: blaster: repeating blaster
Ranges:3-50/120/350
Damage: 4d+1
Fire Modes:
single shot-weapon fires as a standard blaster
short burst-this is accessed by turning the fire selector to the square shaped symbol. One press of the trigger fires 4 blaster bolts in rapid succession. The weapon gains +2 to hit, and on a roll of 5-9 over the target difficulty, two shots hit. On 10-14 over, 3 shots hit. On 15+ all 4 hit.
Ammo:100 (can be hooked to power generator for unlimited ammo)
Cost: 1000, power packs: 25
Availability:3,R or X

Game Notes: This weapon predates the Clone Wars and is considered to be obsolete by most. It is heavy (at 13 kilos) and uses outdated tech like a liquid cooling jacket around the galven assembly. Most often it is equipped with a holographic anti aircraft sight, which flashes a red circle with line through it when it overheats, and a red circle when it runs out of ammo.

Optional Overheat Rule: On a wild die roll of a "1" roll again. If the character has been firing the weapon every round on burst mode for at least 5 rounds (some wiggle room for the GM is expected) roll 1D. On a roll of "1" the weapon overheats and requires 1 whole round to cool. If the roll is not a "1" the weapon continues functioning. The next overheat roll will be a 1-2, the one after 1-3 etc. Note that this weapon does not have a stun setting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: