The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Luke Skywalker stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Luke Skywalker stats Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Luke Skywalker stats Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there are any official stats for Luke Skywalker after the Jedi Academy Trilogy?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not from WEG I'm afraid.

Wanted Poster
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured Sad
Oh, well. Guess it's cool since WEG stopped producing Star Wars meterial about the same time the EU started to go downhill.

Never the less I was wondering if anybody had made any stats for Luke as 25 ABY or 40 ABY (the Vong and Legacy eras).
Just good old fashion D6 stats without any homebrew powers ect.

On a sort of sidenote I don't get why people create powers like Force
Push
when you already have Telekinesis. Personally I find Force Push to be a creative use of Telekinesis.
And Force Jump (which I've seen around) is most likely also just creative use of Enhance Attribute and/or Telekinesis.

So if anybody has any stats for a post Jedi Academy Trilogy Luke feel free to post them here Wink
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think that Wizards has stats for Luke that late in the game. The most you can do is extrapolate based on the Jedi Academy stats.

In terms of the creation of Force Powers like Force Push and whatnot, there are different justifications for many of the powers, but generally speaking it's because there are some players and GMs that want refined applications for broader powers, and they want rules for them. I've worked on a few of the powers that were similar to official WEG stats, I had a hand in Force Jump, IIRC, and I can share a bit of my perspective in making some of them. Generally, I have an attitude of "take it or leave it," when it comes to the fan powers and conversions. I honestly think that the very concept of many of the Wizards powers are kind of silly, but I'll convert them and leave it to your discretion as a GM as to whether or not you want to use it. Also, most GMs are pretty smart, and if they think the power needs tweaking, I say more power to them. I'm a fan, and not a professional game designer. In terms of the fan-made powers I've worked on, it's generally because I'll see something in the movies that I don't think it wholly represented in an existing power given the rules as written. For example, Obi Wan was doing some pretty spectacular jumps in TPM that I think could only be achieved through burning Force points right and left when using Enhance Attribute. So, I helped work on something that could yield those kind of results and still try to remain balanced. (Try being the operative word.) You don't like it? Great! Feel free to voice your opinion (as we're all decent people on the board who are respectful of differences of opinion) and I'll even take your ideas into consideration in my future work.

However, (and bringing this back to the original question about Luke) if you were to ask me to stat out a character like Luke some 40 years ABY, would I give him any of the fan powers or converted powers? I would say no, unless there was something specifically referenced in the series of novels/comics that Luke was continually doing that had no official WEG stat.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why people create fan powers. Definately.
I'm just not into it, really.
Not on principle by any means. I understand that some powers like Flow Walking doesn't have a power (well maybe farseeing), that it is based upon, and would probably need a whole new power.
But the idea of doing Force push/Force strike/Force thrust/Force slam ect. as different powers is silly IMO.
It takes something away from player, and I guess also GM, creativity.
Again, this is just my opinion Smile

I think WotC had some Luke stats after the Vong Invasion, where he was lightyears ahead of any other Jedi.
And seing as how Luke was 13D, 11D, 10D(ish), after 11 years of training, I was just curious if anybody had any idea of how powerful he would be after 25 to 40 of training and fighting.
My best guess would be 17D+, but some books claim Kyp Durron to be more powerful than Luke. Couldn't really imagine anybody other than a Skywalker being more powerful than DE Palpatine.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not into it, then I would especially encourage you to be involved in the process of the conversions. Sometimes I get too caught up in the idea of "how can we make this work?" and sometimes loose sight a bit of "should we make this work?" and I'll freely admit that. If I have a couple of voices saying, "Just let it go," then all the better for all of us.

In terms of Luke, let me know what Wizards book he's represented in. I wouldn't do a conversion. Force users are particularly difficult to convert and get any sort of accurate representation, but it could give me an idea of which direction they headed and see if that inspires anything. Part of the problem with Wizrds is that they only have 20th level Jedi, and that's where everything caps out. You really can't have anyone who is light years ahead of everybody, since with enough time and xp anyone can be a 20th level Jedi.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
If you're not into it, then I would especially encourage you to be involved in the process of the conversions. Sometimes I get too caught up in the idea of "how can we make this work?" and sometimes loose sight a bit of "should we make this work?" and I'll freely admit that. If I have a couple of voices saying, "Just let it go," then all the better for all of us.

In terms of Luke, let me know what Wizards book he's represented in. I wouldn't do a conversion. Force users are particularly difficult to convert and get any sort of accurate representation, but it could give me an idea of which direction they headed and see if that inspires anything. Part of the problem with Wizrds is that they only have 20th level Jedi, and that's where everything caps out. You really can't have anyone who is light years ahead of everybody, since with enough time and xp anyone can be a 20th level Jedi.

May I suggest co-creating some Luke ca. 25 ABY stats with you in this thread?
Luke is in the Jedi Acedemy Training Manual (page 100).
He really is lightyears ahead of anybody else.
He has a Use the Force skill of +29. The only ones who have close to that is Yoda, Palpatine and Darth Revan. All of them have +24.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post Luke's stats from the Jedi Academy Sourcebook to use as a baseline?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Skywalker
Type: Jedi Master
Dexterity 3D+2
Blaster 6D+2, Brawling Parry 6D+2, Dodge 9D, Melee Combat 5D+2, Melee Parry 10D+2, Lightsaber 11D
Knowledge 3D
Alien Species 5D+2, Bureaucracy 5D+2, Intimidation 6D, Languages 4D, Planetary Systems 5D+1, Scholar 5D, Streetwise 6D+1, Survival 8D, Value 5D, Willpower 8D
Mechanical 4D
Astrogation 7D, Beast Riding 5D+1, Beast Riding: Tauntaun 6D+1, Communications 4D+1, Repulsorlift Operations 8D+1, Repulsorlift Operations: Airspeeder 8D+2, Starfighter Piloting 8D+1, Starfighter Piloting: x-wing 10D+1, Starship Gunnery 8D+1, Starship Shields 7D+1
Perception 3D
Bargain 5D, Command 8D+1, Con 4D, Hide 7D, search 6D, sneak 7D+1
Strength 3D+2
Brawling 6D+2, Climbing/Jumping 7D+2, Lifting 6D, Stamina 8D+2
Technical 3D
Computer Programming / Repair 5D+2, Droid Programming 6D+1, Droid Repair 6D+1, Droid Repair: Astromech 7D+1, First Aid 5D+1, Lightsaber Repair 9D, Repulsorlift Repair 7D+1, Security 5D+1, Starfighter Repair 6D+1

Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 13D+1, Sense 11D+1, Alter 10D+2
These are only some of the powers that Luke has thusfar demonstrated:

Control:
Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain, Detoxify Poison, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Hibernation Trance, Reduce Injury, Remain Conscious, Resist Stun, Short Term Memory Enhancement
Sense:
Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Instinctive Astrogation, Life Detection, Life Sense, Magnify Senses, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force, Sense Force Potential
Control/Sense:
Farseeing, Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy
Control/Alter:
Control Another's Pain, Inflict Pain
Control/Sense/Alter:
Affect Mind, Doppleganger, Force Harmony, Telekinetic Kill
Sense/Alter:
Dim Other's Senses, Lesser Force Shield

This Character is force Force-Sensitive
Force Points: 7
Dark Side Points: 3
Character Points: 24
Move:10
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), comlink, cloak
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raven Redstar.
Will you be joining us in the co-op build? 8)

So, how will we do this.
Take turns posting revisions and changing them accordingly or go over each bit (like dexterity and skills) first and then moving on???
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually someone posts a statblock and then people will comment on things like, "I think the alter was too high, it should be something more like 12D instead of 15D" or something.

What I was going to do is evaluate by what percent Luke's Force Skills increase over a certain period of time and then try to remain consistent with that. I was just going to try to eyeball the other skills. I'll post that if I have time later today.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
Some powers I think he should have are:

Force lightning (Luke uses that weird judgement variant of this power in the NJO). Personally I think it is just Force Lightning with some higher difficulty numbers to reflect the light side being used rather than the dark side.
Immerse (from Cracken's Threat Dossier)
Immerse Another

I'm assuming that the stats we're making are from... what?... 25 ABY?
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here (Luke's always been my favorite character). I think that I'd go with something like Luke Skywalker has access to all Force Powers known to the New Jedi Order and possibly some yet displayed. Similar to how they did with characters such as Palpatine.

Personally I think that I'd like to build something that represents Luke's post-NJO stats.

Let me make you a picture!
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke, Jacen, Kyp? Could they fail in lightsaber combat, force use against any normal characters? I think not. In my campaigns I roll Wild Die for heroic characters if they do anything. It is easier, simpler and faster.

BTW I always did not understood why I have TONs of stats for Han Solo/Luke/Leia/others in all sourcebooks? I DONT NEED IT! When I wanted to find something really usefull - licenses for weapons, starship upgrades - there is little or none. Average salaries in the galaxy, more history, description - none. Yet, Han Solo is in every sourcebook. I dont need him, he wont fail in dodge, blaster or piloting against my 18D+7D characters.... Confused

Just my 5 cents Smile

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the stats of the canon characters has always been one of interest rather than of any actual use.

I mean, I don't ever plan on using Luke's stats, I just think that it's interesting to see him stacked up against Player Characters and NPCs from my own games.

Let me make you a picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: