The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Scavenger's Guide to Droids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Scavenger's Guide to Droids Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Conversion - Scavenger's Guide to Droids Reply with quote

So... the book came out yesterday. Has anyone looked at it?

I probably won't pick this one up immediately, and my conversion work won't begin until at least December 16. I've got doctoral program applications due, and I'm scrambling to get everything done for them.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cheshire. I guess you and Gry both have a severe case of Darth Real Life.

I got it and I looked through it. Again, a must-have supplement for those who want to build droid heroes.

I think you and Gry are going to be spending most of your time converting the droid equipment that's in the book.

As for the droids themselves, here's what I found:

Already have d6 stats from WEG:
Industrial Automaton A9G Series Data Storage Unit (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids, The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook, SWAJ 14)
MerenData EV Series Supervisor (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids, The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook)
Cybot Galactica GY-I Series Information Analysis Droid (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids)
Les Tech M38-series Explorer Droid (Rebel Alliance Sourcebook)
Industrial Automaton PG-5 Gunnery Droid Prototype (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids)
Industrial Automaton V6-series Pilot Droid (Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology: Droids)

Already converted from a d20 source:
Roche Hive Mechanical Apparatus Design and Construction Activity for Those Who Need the Hive’s Machines 8D8 Smelting Operator Droid (Scum and Villainy)
Colicoid Creation Nest Infiltrator Series Assassin Droid (Ultimate Adversaries)
Serv-O-Droid, Inc. CZ Series Communications Droid (Arms and Equipment Guide)
Techno Union/Sienar Intelligence Systems E522 Assassin Droid (D20 Core Rulebook)
Industrial Automaton RX-series Pilot Droid (Scum and Villainy)
Balmorran Arms SD-9 War Droid (Arms and Equipment Guide)
Serv-O-Droid, Inc. TT-8L “Tattletale” Series Guard Droid (Arms and Equipment Guide)
Tendrando Arms YVH Series Yuuzhan Vong Hunter Droid (New Jedi Order Sourcebook)

The following have fan-made stats that are presented in Gry Sarth's Droid Stats. These entries need to be replaced.
Trang Robotics Dueling Droid
Kalibac Industries MK-Series Maintenance Droid
Balmorran Arms X-1 Viper Droid

The following has fan-made stats that are presented in Gry Sarth's Starships Stats. This entry needs to be replaced. Whether it stays where it is or gets moved to Droids Stats is up to Gry.
Imperial Department of Military Research Shadow Droid

These are brand new droids
Arakyd Induistries AD-series Weapons Maintenance Droid
Arakyd Industries EI-9 Network Security Droid
Baktoid Combat Automata HKB-3 Hunter-Killer Droid
Baktoid Combat Automata V2-Series Commando Droid
Balmorran Arms RO-D Security Droid
Coachelle Automata LEP-Series Service Droid
Colicoid Creation Nest “Skorpenek” Annihilator Droid
Colicoid Creation Nest FLTCH-Series Battle Droid
Colicoid Creation Nest T4 Turret Droid
Colicoid Creation Nest/Zann Consortium Droid Works Droideka Mark II
Czerka Corporation HK-77 Assassin Droid
Droidworks DR-16 “Destructor” Battle Droid
Duwani Mechanical Products DP-2 Probe Droid
Duwani Mechanical Products KM1 Mining Droid
Industrial Automaton PLNK-Series Power Droid
Industrial Automaton MEV-Series Medical Evacuation Droid
Industrial Automaton R8 Astromech Droid
InterTran Systems H-1ME Battle Mechanic Droid
LesTech S19 Astromech Droid
MerenData GD16-Series Pilot Droid
Publictechnic XLT-014 Labor Droid
Serv-O-Droid BLX Labor Droid
SoroSuub Corporation G2 Repair Droid
TC-SC Infiltration Droid
Teagan Tech Consortium RWW-Series Protocol Droid
Tendrando Arms SD-X-Series Stealth Battle Droid
Trang Robotics Dueling Droid
Trang Robotics GX1-Series Battle Droid
Uhr-Vah-Vo TechWorks Model 88-Series Administration Droid
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Real Life is about the truth. I'm finally getting my GRE exam scores to acceptable levels, and I go in to take the real test soon. But there are still essays to be written and recommendations to acquire. Geez... can't they just let me into the program on the merits of being such a nice guy? Smile

Anyhoo... once things settle down a bit, I'll start in on the equipment. But that will be almost a month.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Real Life strikes with a vengeance. Just moved continent. Looking for a car, looking for a home, looking for a job, and working freelance in the meantime. So, yeah...

As soon as I can take a breath I'll try and finish the last book, which is halfway done on the editing part. So it should be a while before I can thing about this new book...
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we're on the same kind of schedule then.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire, I kinda understand what you're going through. I'm trying to get MCAS certification. I'm ready for Word, but I still got Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook to get ready for, though I'm past the first hurdle for Excel and Powerpoint. As for Access, I'm debating on whether or not to get it.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm back in the game (sort of). I'll still be really busy, but now I can start working on getting a few things out.

Quote:

Underwater Drive
Model: Mon Calimari droid aquadrive
Type: Droid aquatic propulsion
Skill: Strength: swimming
Cost: Desired underwater move speed x 215
Availability: 3
Game Notes: The underwater drive allows a droid to move easily underwater. The cost is dependent on the speed of the drive purchased, the cost is 215 times the movement speed when swimming. For example, a drive with a speed of 5 would be 1075.
Source: Scavenger’s Guide to Droids (page 52)

On page 30 of Cynebar's it gives a chart concerning movement and locamotion types. This entry was based largely on that. Pricing does not convert well, so I'm just trying to common sense this one. I'm just wondering if my sense is telling me the same thing as its telling you.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a hold on this book, and it looks quite nice. Good assortment of droids, from WEG conversions to new Clone Wars droids and some original units. What I like most is the inclusion of some beloved video-game droids like the MK and 88 droids.

Unfortunately I still don't have any time available to devote to this. I can't believe I haven't even got around to finishing Galaxy at War... sorry guys. Hopefully I'll get that book done by the end of January and then we can tackle all these droids.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Looks like DRL teamed up with Old Man Winter in your case, Gry. Galaxy at War, then Scavenger's Guide to Droid, and then Galaxy of Intrigue. Don't know what to expect from the last book yet. Plenty of characters, yes. But talents, droids, ships?

At least you'll have a three month gap between the next book and The Unknown Regions book.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real life gets to us all, and I'm not going to pressure you on getting the final PDF together for anything. I know what schedule I've got ahead of me for the winter and spring, so if you don't mind, I'm just going to get the jump on it.

The only thing that I'm wondering about in this book is that there are some stats that build off of droid equipment that was in the Core Rulebook that we never converted. (I.E., there is a set of magnetic feet in SGTD that builds off of magnetic hands in the CR). Do you want me to convert that droid equipment and just stick it in this book? I'm not sure that it merits its own converstion document (since the CR has only droid equipment a I think two Force Powers that we don't have elsewhere), but it would seem to fit in the theme that this book builds.

How do you want to proceed?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think the CR merits its own conversion document. If there's anything there that you feel is really needed to make the SGTD work, then by all means, stick in there. if you have time available, feel free to convert anything you want from this book. Once I get some free time I can go over your work and give any input I can and finish up the PDF.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan. You have a better knack for character and droid conversions than I do, but I'm sure I can do the rough sketch and you can help me with the details.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is loosely based on the conversions that we did for the KOTOR shields. However, the prices were way different, and I had to get the d20 SR to match up with some of the conversions we've done for Droidekas and whatnot. I can justify the prices being so wildly different from the KOTOR personal shields on account of the fact that the KOTOR shields were miniature devices that would have required a very small power source, whereas the droid shield generators could draw power from a stronger and larger source carried by the droid.

Quote:

Droid Shields
Model: Baktoid Combat Automata
Type: Protective shield upgrade
Cost: See chart below *
Availability: 3, X
Game Notes: Once a droid has taken damage of Damaged (the droid equivalent of Wounded) or greater, the energy shield are blown. The shield may be activated again with a moderate droid programming/repair roll.
* The Strength bonus to resist physical and energy damage determines the cost of the shield.
Bonus.......Cost
+2 ...........2,500
1D+2 .......5,000
2D+1........7,500
3D..........10,000
Source: Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Revised Core Rulebook (page 195)

cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments are welcome

Quote:

Remote Processor
Model: Baktoid Combat Automata Remote Processor
Type: Remote control processing unit
Cost: See chart below *
Availability: 2, R
Game Notes: Remote processors allow all droid functioned to be controlled from another location. Droids controlled by a remote processor cannot think or act independently unless equipped with a backup processor. Any stock droid that is modified to be controlled by remote processor cannot react as quickly as their internal processor and takes a -1D penalty to Dexterity skills due to communication lag and transmission relay time.
Range.......Cost
5km..........1000
Source: Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Revised Core Rulebook (page 191)

cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to determine if I should give a +5 to a difficulty to knock the droid off of a hull, or if there should be a +1D+2 bonus to either the droid's strength or dexterity to keep from being knocked from the hull.

Quote:

Magnetic Hands
Model: Publitecnic Mag-grapple hands
Type: magnetic droid appendage
Cost: 100
Availability: 2
Game Notes: When used in conjunction with magnetic feet, magnetic hands provide a +1D bonus to any climbing/jumping roll when scaling portions of a starship’s hull. Also, the combination of magnetic hands and feet adds +5 to the difficulty of any attempt to knock the droid off a ship’s hull.
Source: Scavenger’s Guide to Droids (page 52)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: