The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Admiral Ackbar is concerned, here is the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Admiral_Ackbar
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you had a partner in creating this work. Maybe he or she could work on fixing the errata while you pursue new pastures.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the LotFSB version 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lm6g8yb7157e9rp/Legacy_of_the_Force_Sourcebook_-_v1.2.pdf
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look at this new draft and give my thoughts on it tomorrow. There are still quite a few grammar errors that I spotted that need to be addressed.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, there are ALOT of grammar errors that need to be addressed. (I didn't get to read the previous edition cover to cover as I am now.)

I'm already saving my corrections on a doc file. After I get some sleep, I'll get back to noting the needed corrections, then I'll copy and paste them here. Stay tuned.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I'll take a look at this new draft and give my thoughts on it tomorrow. There are still quite a few grammar errors that I spotted that need to be addressed.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, there are ALOT of grammar errors that need to be addressed. (I didn't get to read the previous edition cover to cover as I am now.)

I'm already saving my corrections on a doc file. After I get some sleep, I'll get back to noting the needed corrections, then I'll copy and paste them here. Stay tuned.

Or, you can PM me and then I'll provide my email address?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

That works too. PM sent.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Sutehp, send your revisions that way - email him the document. I think it will be easier for both of you.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Treefrog wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Sutehp, send your revisions that way - email him the document. I think it will be easier for both of you.

Yeah, Treefrog and I have exchanged PMs and email, so I'm gonna keep in touch with him. The editing continues.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided that once I implement the grammatical errors that Sutehp is currently enacting, I will be doing the exclusively D6 version with added characters that I missed when I was compiling what I needed for the LotFSB. Hopefully with more illustrations and pictures and more information in general.

For example: I completely forgot about Master Kitana Ti (she'll be in it). So will the R8-series.

And to avoid confusion, it will have different title, which will have a different designation than the normal Galaxy Guide. I brought it up in the Fan Sourcebook thread, page 40.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that the R-8 series will be in this book, even if they aren't prominent in the Legacy books. I don't even like them all that much because they have antennaes for eyes, but I think it makes sense to include them if only for completeness' sake.

And Treefrog, just out of curiosity, will the changes you're making affect the layout at all? Not that I mind if this is the case; some of my suggestions will likely affect text spacing and rearrangement, so if the layout is going to change through your efforts, then I'll feel less guilty about any layout changes that might be affected by my suggestions.

The editing continues. I had to research the Advisory Council and the High Council on Wookiepedia for the last few hours to try and make sense of the GA government branches in Chapter 2. I just finished with that and am now working on the character write-ups for the Galactic Alliance.

The Work continues. Stay tuned.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Good to hear that the R-8 series will be in this book, even if they aren't prominent in the Legacy books. I don't even like them all that much because they have antennaes for eyes, but I think it makes sense to include them if only for completeness' sake.

And Treefrog, just out of curiosity, will the changes you're making affect the layout at all? Not that I mind if this is the case; some of my suggestions will likely affect text spacing and rearrangement, so if the layout is going to change through your efforts, then I'll feel less guilty about any layout changes that might be affected by my suggestions.

The editing continues. I had to research the Advisory Council and the High Council on Wookiepedia for the last few hours to try and make sense of the GA government branches in Chapter 2. I just finished with that and am now working on the character write-ups for the Galactic Alliance.

The Work continues. Stay tuned.

For the LotFSB itself? The pages that each chapter starts on may be adjusted; however, because each chapter is an individual MS-Word file, I would be editing that way.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
I have decided that once I implement the grammatical errors that Sutehp is currently enacting, I will be doing the exclusively D6 version with added characters that I missed when I was compiling what I needed for the LotFSB. Hopefully with more illustrations and pictures and more information in general.

For example: I completely forgot about Master Kitana Ti (she'll be in it). So will the R8-series.

And to avoid confusion, it will have different title, which will have a different designation than the normal Galaxy Guide. I brought it up in the Fan Sourcebook thread, page 40.

For example (I'm most partial to): Saga Galaxy Guide 1: Legacy of the Force (Revised and Expanded), but its not the definite title.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost done editing the Confederation chapter. Next comes the Jedi Coalition which is 42(!) pages. That's gonna take a while to finish editing.... And then, there's still the rest of the book after that, but fortunately, all of the other chapters are much shorter than the Jedi Coalition chapter.

The good news is, Treefrog seems really happy with the editing corrections I'm giving him. Which is odd, TBH. Mostly my smug, superior attitude especially shines through when I'm giving people corrections, so either Treefrog really likes my work, or he's just that chill.

Maybe both. Mr. Green

Could it be that my superior attitude stems from me being an elitist, highly educated, Argentine-American, 3rd-generation lawyer from a dynasty of lawyers?

Or is it just me? 8)
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
For example (I'm most partial to): Saga Galaxy Guide 1: Legacy of the Force (Revised and Expanded), but its not the definite title.

I would name it The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook as sourcebooks from books and comics were given there own title and not a part of the Galaxy Guides. In the end, you are the creator and hang the rest, you do and name it whatever you like.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: