The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

LECG question on templates...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> LECG question on templates...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: LECG question on templates... Reply with quote

Is there someone who has converted some of the classes from the LECG into templates?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the LECG. However, we haven't really been converting classes. Classes are rather hard, and they don't actually move over very nicely into D6 templates.

If this is something you want, what you would have to do is build a character that has the class you want, and then convert the character into a template. However, the skills, talents, and feats such a character would have could vary greatly from build to build. You could have a soldier that's a bodyguard, clone sergeant, a bounty hunter, or a gang thug.

Is there something specific you're looking for? We did do some conversions from NPCs that had some levels of some of the prestige classes. Is that what you want?
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I recently decided to return to D6 after GMing OCR, RCR, and then Saga. It took many, many attempts to finally talk my players into switching, and I want to continue from where I had made a very concerted effort to kill them off (dang Constitution rolls) - they didn't realize that there are consequences for performing two blind hyperspace jumps (hehehehehe).

We're currently playing in the Legacy era, and I want them to make an informed decision on what templates they should choose.

My D6 library is of the following: 2ndEdR+E, Rules of Engagement (it took 9 years to track it down), Imperial/Rebel Alliance 2nd Ed, Thrawn Trilogy, Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal, Dark Empire, Movie Trilogy Sourcebook, Pirates and Privateers, and others that I have upstairs, but don't want to go and check at the moment.

The reason for my request, is that the party is a blend of Jedi and Soldier classes. For two of the party, whom are Jedi, I figured the Young Jedi template, or maybe the Minor Jedi template would be good for either of them (luckily one of them is a Miraluka). The problem are the two soldiers: what templates would be good fit for them?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing you can do, is take the failed jedi template, and remove the dark side point to make them just "Jedi Student" Or, have the player create a template and submit it for your approval. Also, if you take a look in the templates collection pdf which you should be able to find somewhere here in tools, using the Tales of the Jedi templates with some updated skills and equipment. I've done all of the above for Jedi players in my game, and all have seemed to work well.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a template collection in PDF for download somewhere?

That would give you some help.
wolfe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem are the two soldiers: what templates would be good fit for them?

What is this group (actual military, mercs, pirates/privateers)?
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfe wrote:
Quote:
The problem are the two soldiers: what templates would be good fit for them?

What is this group (actual military, mercs, pirates/privateers)?

Well, if you're not familiar with the LECG, one was descended from Eeth Koth, and his family had assisted the Jedi Order since the time of Grand Master Skywalker (had that particular Legacy destiny).

The other soldier type is an underling to the preceeding one.
wolfe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Legacy era.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion with regards to the soldier templates, take the ex-imperial commando and rename it, or perhaps use the mercenary. Bounty Hunter templates can always be applied to some sort of soldier. If it's an officer, you can use the rebel sergeant template from the introductory box set. Also, there are the rebel spec force templates from rules of engagement which work for more specialized soldiers, just add a few extra skills to cover expanded areas of expertise. Some times taking an existing template and just changing it works. I turned a saber rake from tapani sector and made him a pirate of sorts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: