The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Contest: Make a Prvateer/Explorer ship!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Contest: Make a Prvateer/Explorer ship! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm talking about the S-100 stinger fighters
Well don't I look like a n00b. Embarassed

I read about the consular class, seems some got upgraded to frigate status and saw combat. When I look at that ship I can't help but see the huge engines and think about how fast she might go- dashing in, spraying torpedos and dashing out again. Originally these ships were armed with 4 turbolasers and 2 torpedo tubes. I would think in "upgraded" military form she might have 8 (maybe 10, 5 on each side) turbo lasers and 4 torpedo tubes (all foreward firing). I would also consider the "upgrade" stats to be as follows:

Maneuverability: 0D+2 (stock) 2D (upgraded)
Space: 6 (stock) 8 (Uprgraded)
Hull: 4D+2 (stock) 5D (upgraded)

Of course that's not based on anything, those are stictly out of my wazoo.
Shields: 2D (stock) 2D+1 (upgraded)
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon79 wrote:
There is A militarized version of this with weapons, more passenger space, and MUCH more Cargo space in one of Gry and chesh's conversion or Stat PDF book, but for the life of me I can't find it.

It's in the Clone Wars Campaign Guide D6 Conversion PDF.

Quote:
Consular Cruiser Charger c70
Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation Consular-class Cruiser Charger c70 Retrofit
Affiliation: Old Republic
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (page 170)
Type: Retrofitted diplomatic transport
Scale: Capital
Length: 115 meters
Skill: Capital ship piloting: Consular Cruiser
Crew: 3, gunners: 5, skeleton: 2/+5
Passengers: 20 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 6,000 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 1.65 million (new), 700,000 (used)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: +2
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh
Hull: 4D+2
Shields: 2D+2
Sensors:
Passive: 40/1D
Scan: 80/2D
Search: 100/3D
Focus: 5/4D
Weapons:
4 Light Turbolasers
Fire Arc: Turret (2 left, 2 right)
Crew: 1
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 500-1/3/8 km
Damage: 3D
2 Medium Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Starship gunnery
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it Alan. I came up with Guri's ship when I typed in stinger. Had to do a little more research to figure out the designation.

The only thing that breaks my heart about the consular ship, is the time period doesn't fit with my needs. I'm looking for something from way back in the old republic; During the Mandolorian Wars.

But I think I'll jack the stats, and come up with a slightly different body design. Make it an earlier model.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Falcon79 wrote:
There is A militarized version of this with weapons, more passenger space, and MUCH more Cargo space in one of Gry and chesh's conversion or Stat PDF book, but for the life of me I can't find it.

It's in the Clone Wars Campaign Guide D6 Conversion PDF.

Quote:
Consular Cruiser Charger c70
Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation Consular-class Cruiser Charger c70 Retrofit
Affiliation: Old Republic
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (page 170)
Type: Retrofitted diplomatic transport
Scale: Capital
Length: 115 meters
Skill: Capital ship piloting: Consular Cruiser
Crew: 3, gunners: 5, skeleton: 2/+5
Passengers: 20 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 6,000 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 1.65 million (new), 700,000 (used)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: +2
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh
Hull: 4D+2
Shields: 2D+2
Sensors:
Passive: 40/1D
Scan: 80/2D
Search: 100/3D
Focus: 5/4D
Weapons:
4 Light Turbolasers
Fire Arc: Turret (2 left, 2 right)
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 500-1/3/8 km
Damage: 3D
2 Medium Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Starship gunnery
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D

Ah... Mucho Gracias Gry... Very Happy I looked in my printed version of it but kept missing it. Must of been having a dumb blonde moment. Laughing

This Acually looks like something a small party could handle on there own and fit's my needs nicely.... Now can someone suggest som house rules for sytems to add to make fit my requirements/role better?

Tramp Freighters and Pirates and Privateers have some good systems, but they are geard for smaller space transport ships.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now can someone suggest som house rules for sytems to add to make fit my requirements/role better?

Tramp Freighters and Pirates and Privateers have some good systems, but they are geard for smaller space transport ships.

A quick question for clarification - are you looking for a system to modify/upgrade the stats, possibly over time in the course of the campaign, or simply to add on special-purpose bits once to get the campaign underway?
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak Face wrote:
Now can someone suggest som house rules for sytems to add to make fit my requirements/role better?

A quick question for clarification - are you looking for a system to modify/upgrade the stats, possibly over time in the course of the campaign, or simply to add on special-purpose bits once to get the campaign underway?

Add on special-purpose bits once to get the campaign underway..
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try galladinium's fantastic technology for the hyperspace bypass computer, hyperdrive booster, autopilot droid brain and there are many others that you might find useful and that will add comfort.

In your place i may add a few d of backup sheilds and a pirate bane ion smasher for combat and a slave circut attached to the autopilot brain, Anti intrusion sensors and Anti intrusion safeguards all backed up by null gas despensers linked to the life support for security.

The stats for the Anti intrusion sensors, Anti intrusion safeguards and null gas can be found on page 56 of the stock ships guide.
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it kinda depends on what you're going to be doing. Ion cannons are nice to have. Quad laser batteries seem to be the best defense against starfighter sized craft so don't leave home without them.

The second edition mentions sensor countermeasures like sensor masks that make the ship look like something else on sensors. I can imagine a system on your ship that breaks up the ship's sensor echo so you look like a squadron of TIE fighters. Maybe you could amplify your echo, add sensor reflectors and look like an ISD. A sensor decoy that can be programmed to look like another ship (or yours) can be a lot of help. I saw engine baffles in one of the files I downloaded from the fan made sourcebook thread. A home made jamming system for shutting down enemy fire control or knocking it down a D.

150 passengers on a scout ship. Who are they? Science team, prospectors, mercenaries? If you're going to have a hangar and some little snub fighters you might consider a shuttle or two.

If it's going to be a long voyage, a small section devoted to fresh fruits and vegetables IMHO is a must. An aquarium where you can grow fish (and then eat them) is also a must. A gymnasium is a must have and if you're so incluned a pool is nice to have.
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the deckplans for the Consular Cruiser.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go:

http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/Ships/Generic/G_CEC_CR-0710_Consular.html
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gry Sarth.

The corellian gunship might serve your needs with a minimum crew of 10 and minor modifications.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding upgrading your consular ship, based on a system that worked well for my group in the past, I humbly submit a few suggestions below. I am assuming you'll be buying the stuff with a start up budget of some kind, so forgive me if this isn't useful.

-This probably goes without saying, but for completeness I'll say it anyway. For items that do NOT enhance the performance of the ship in terms of main stats, I would use a per-item cost corresponding to the source material for the item. Like, if you bought a vending machine for the lounge or converted cargo space for extra passengers, I'd just pay the price as usual, and at most tack on a bit for professional installation, similar to what is in Tramp Freighters.

-If adding some starfighter scale items (like light guns, for example) I would just use the Tramp Freighters book for cost and weight and perhaps increase the install costs to account for the added complexity of a capital scale ship (extra long wiring, and whatnot). I've used double for the install-cost factor. (BTW - I didn't allow mixing scales for shields)

-When it comes to altering core stats or adding capital scale shields, for the size of this particular ship the system I used took the (1st edition) Tramp Freighters book cost and multiplied it by 8 (it scaled cost to ship size). Capital scale items are harder to get, much bigger, and have a major power draw. I used that same factor for weight considerations (for simplicity). This factor would also apply to adding a stand alone item that did not alter stats, but had to be appropriately sized for the vessel. Something like fuel cells, for example.

-For items and consumables that were the same for any capital ship regardless of size, I used a cost factor of 4. A turbolaser, torpedo or tibana gas canister for a Corellian Gunship would be no different than that on a Victory Star Destroyer. But it would be a lot bigger and more costly than a starfighter scale version.

-I used the above cost factors for incremental changes as well as for buying new units.

So, that's what I've used FWIW. My campaign employed larger capital ships, so I didn't get any play testing with a vessel only 115 meters long. Instead of a cost factor of 8 for main stats, something like 6 may be better balanced.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak Face wrote:
Regarding upgrading your consular ship, based on a system that worked well for my group in the past, I humbly submit a few suggestions below. I am assuming you'll be buying the stuff with a start up budget of some kind, so forgive me if this isn't useful.

-This probably goes without saying, but for completeness I'll say it anyway. For items that do NOT enhance the performance of the ship in terms of main stats, I would use a per-item cost corresponding to the source material for the item. Like, if you bought a vending machine for the lounge or converted cargo space for extra passengers, I'd just pay the price as usual, and at most tack on a bit for professional installation, similar to what is in Tramp Freighters.

-If adding some starfighter scale items (like light guns, for example) I would just use the Tramp Freighters book for cost and weight and perhaps increase the install costs to account for the added complexity of a capital scale ship (extra long wiring, and whatnot). I've used double for the install-cost factor. (BTW - I didn't allow mixing scales for shields)

-When it comes to altering core stats or adding capital scale shields, for the size of this particular ship the system I used took the (1st edition) Tramp Freighters book cost and multiplied it by 8 (it scaled cost to ship size). Capital scale items are harder to get, much bigger, and have a major power draw. I used that same factor for weight considerations (for simplicity). This factor would also apply to adding a stand alone item that did not alter stats, but had to be appropriately sized for the vessel. Something like fuel cells, for example.

-For items and consumables that were the same for any capital ship regardless of size, I used a cost factor of 4. A turbolaser, torpedo or tibana gas canister for a Corellian Gunship would be no different than that on a Victory Star Destroyer. But it would be a lot bigger and more costly than a starfighter scale version.

-I used the above cost factors for incremental changes as well as for buying new units.

So, that's what I've used FWIW. My campaign employed larger capital ships, so I didn't get any play testing with a vessel only 115 meters long. Instead of a cost factor of 8 for main stats, something like 6 may be better balanced.

Cool thanks, Yak Face, was mostly thinking in terms of a couple of Ion Cannons, Tractor Beam, passenger Quarters, and and Capital ship sized Fuel Converters... how much amaller would be any added on hanger and any docking tube (Similar to the Farstar in Darkstyder) facilitie be?
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was mostly thinking in terms of a couple of Ion Cannons, Tractor Beam, passenger Quarters, and and Capital ship sized Fuel Converters... how much amaller would be any added on hanger and any docking tube (Similar to the Farstar in Darkstyder) facilitie be?[/i]

Hmmm. Well, honestly I hadn't run into a few of those. Some thoughts off the cuff:

For ion cannons I'd go with the aforementioned x4 cost factor for hardware and installation. For the passenger conversion I'd jus steal directly from the tramp freighters book and go with that. Gotta be a pretty similar engineering proposition, as long as you have cargo space open.

For the tractor beam I'd act as if buying a cannon of that level of damage dice, but perhaps double the cost since it's a specialized-use item. It seems that even the big cap ships don't carry many of those.

For the fuel converters I'm going to suggest that they, like fuel cells, have to be scaled to the ship size, so the rules can be used as-is. So I'd go with a factor of x6 or x8 (whichever you think best) for cost and weight relative to tramp freighters.

I've not seen source material for a docking tube like that (or I forgot it if I did) but I suggest the cost could be based on the price of the universal air lock, which I think is in one of the technology books. I'd add extra cost for the structural component that helps keep the docked ship in place.

The add-on hangar is the huge question mark. I looked at the deck plan for the consular ship and found it very limited in terms of space, so there's a lot of construction to do, and even then I'd be concerned about how many small ships you could fit. It's 35 meters shorter than the Corellian Corvette, just to give some scale. The cost would amount to a significant percentage of the base cost of the ship, in my opinion, assuming you want to mimic how the FarStar was modified. It would be somewhat dependant on how much room you need to add, whether you'll add to both sides, to multiple decks, etc. Happily there's not much else required except a huge air lock field, so it's not like it's hard space to design. I think you'll just have to look at the 1.65 million base cost and decide how much seems "reasonable" based on that. I'd say at least a couple hundred thousand credits, to do it properly.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you could do, is add on additional cargo holds, like I've seen on some tramp freighters, just up the size & cost so that they're scaled correctly. That was actually what I was planning to do with my conversion, then up the strength of the boost drives so that it can accommodate the additional weight. They have rules for that in the tramp freighters book. Also, if you take a look in Gry's equipment manual, they have capital scale ion guns for sale. Just use the price on those, then either upgrade or fire link them into double, triple, or quad ion cannons. I'm pretty sure that he also has a tractor beam in there as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: